Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shany

I feel like somethings missing/spiritual warfare

I love God I love to talk about God. I love going to church. But I feel like I'm lacking something. It's like there is no fire in me. I feel empty. I can hear God and I know his voice when he talks. And he request crazy things of me and I obey, but I still feel like there is something missing. I long for something. And it is killing me that I don't have it. I feel like i lack a feeling in my stomach for the Lord. I feel like I am useless and not worthy to do his work. He sees something in me I don't see and I wish i could see. What is it that I am longing for? And how do i get? I know that it is a feeling? I want when i read the bible that i enjoy and it becomes a need. I want the words to come to life. He has brought me from so far but yet my soul longs for something.

As for the spiritual war fare part I have no idea what im doing. Because of my lack of confidence in myself i feel like i can't do it. I have recently been forced into it. I must learn how to do it. I have had supernatural attacks before but i just ignored them. I ignored the voices and the demonic physical attack.But now i realize this is quite important as a christian. Can some on give me a good book to read or any advice on spiritual warfare?

One thing that I noticed in your post shany was that you were saying that "I feel like I lack a feeling in my stomach for the Lord." This walk is not about feeling, its about knowing. There will be times that we feel like we are not saved, that we are missing something, etc. But we have to rest in the knowledge that God is always with us, and that he is faithful to complete the work that he has started in us. Just know that if you feel void in any area, you just talk to God and he will fill it! He is faithful to do so. You can even ask God in prayer for the increased desire for his word. One suggestion I will make to you is to pray with the word. The Word is a powerful tool, in prayer, daily life, and even in spiritual warfare. The bible says to study to show yourself approved. Hide the word in your heart, and when it is needed in a situation, it will come out.

Another thing that I noticed you said was that you lacked confidence in yourself, and you feel like you can't do spiritual warfare. Remember we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, it is through Christ that we can do anything, so even if you do not have confidence in yourself, have confidence in God! He is the one that is going to do it for you anyway! When you are attacked, speak the word.....when you lack confidence, speak the word....when you fear...speak the word! We have to put on our full armour at all times! God is able, and He is always there for you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Trust Him....and go to him for any need that you have. He is faithful to take care of you. Remember, the Lord is our Shepard, we shall not want. Want means lack...so just go to GOd he will take care of you. He cares about everything that concerns you...all the way down to if your big toenail needs cutting! LOL. God got you, continue to seek him. I hope this encouraged you. God BLess.

:loveit: That was great really needed it! I will be taking this advice.

I could not agree more lovelywomanofvirtue. Excellent post! Why should we fear when we have the Lord. Who is better, stronger, smarter, wiser, more adorable than he? No one. Not one other is like him. We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus who strengthens us. You can do all things through Christ Jesus! Nothing is impossible with God!

Be confident my friend....He is with you now and always, never leaving or forsaking you. Giving you every ability you need right when you need it. He is the talent switch operator....if you will. He gives it when we need it. Some we need more than others. It is all for his glory and honor.

Love in Jesus,

Connie