Dream question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream question

Post by Freeprincess on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi,
What does it mean when you dream that someone you know dies? I recently had a dream that a friend died and woke up feeling like it was real and that it was going to happen.
thanks

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream question

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Free Princess :o)

Welcome!

It is a scary dream to have isn't it!!!

If you have a look at Mia's Dream Dictionary, "Death - divorce."

So, for example: Someone who is going thru divorce may dream of their spouse dying.

That still sounds pretty bad... I know... and it may be true for you. But, In my personal experience, I have dreamed of people dying when a major shift was happening in a relationship... like a need for separating or changing and letting go.

I have dreamed of my child dying for example, when they left the totally dependent baby stage. (they are still alive and well - but there was a need to let go and move on to the next stage)

Hope that helps :o)

I pray for Freeprincess Lord Jesus, be with her as she figures this out and help her to see what it is about, is she needing to let go and move on? Is it a warning that some part of a relationship is dying? Please help her see what it is and heed the message you have given her. Amen.

Blessings to you,

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi Diane,
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense. I did share the dream with the person that "died" in my dream. He is actually in the ministry and felt it was a 'powerful' dream for he and his wife. (he is a former pastor of mine). They are struggling with a lot of church politics where they are now. And by some of the comments he was making, though he really didn't go into any detail, he indicated he and his wife were struggling with their marriage because of the problems in the ministry. And because he is so busy and not focused on his marriage. So I say this in part to ask you to agree in prayer for them with me. And also if there is anything else you are getting from the Lord.
Thank you so much for sharing this with me.
~FreePrincess

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi FreePrincess,

I am happy to pray for your friend.

Jesus be there for this man of yours who is struggling in the grip of a system that can destroy marriages and burn out good men... politics and power struggles have no part in your kingdom Lord, they really don't. I pray you will surround him and uphold him in integrity and honesty, I pray that whatever the situation, he will have no part in struggling for control... for you are the only Lord, the only Father, the only God. I pray for those in his church who have their eyes off you and on the politics at hand, please let them see how they play with fire. For those whose hearts are after you Jesus, I pray you will clear the way and pave the road! I pray for this man's heart, I pray Jesus that you will refresh him and allow him a little breathing space to see what is important. Salvage his marriage... please don't let him become another casualty! Jesus in you are love and light and rest, I pray that this family rests in you and finds their love restored. I pray for the wife of this minister... I imagine she is feeling stressed by having to take over more of the duties at home as her man is away... I imagine she is feeling under valued and unappreciated, simply because his focus is elsewhere. Please cause her to run to you, cause her to pray for her husband and not be an added source of stress for him.

Jesus you are the God who saves - if he needs saving from this place - I pray you will pick him up and move him - I pray you will rush to his aid and help him to get back to the basics of loving you and loving others and allowing you to build your Church.... because if we try to do what only you can do, we beat ourselves against a wall in vain. I pray he will let go of what he cannot control and will take up the things that he can... let him love his wife in a tangible way today Jesus, let him love her as you love them both... and I pray she will respond like a flower that has been watered.

Free Princess, I pray that you will have a sense of the presence of God today too... may you get to see a change in your friends and be able to rejoice in God's goodness!

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Thank You Diane...I am in agreement with each word you prayed and will use this to continue to pray for him and his wife & family....

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 am

Hi Diane, what if im the one who dies in the dream, does it still mean change/divorce etc?

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi Beloved of the Lord... isn't that truth! :o)

I don't know about dreaming about your own death. I have not experienced that myself. Mia's dictionary does not say anything to indicate that it is different... but I don't think it is wise to assume anything. The symbol dictionary is only a guide in any case, God will use the symbols in your dream to speak to you in an intimate and individual way, they will be blended in with feelings too, and that's important as well.

I wrote a paragraph of "maybe's" which I have deleted because all of them were just guesses and it doesn't pay to guess - can I suggest that you post your dream for interpretation?

Bless you :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 pm

The following scripture came up in my spirit when I read this:

Mark 8:35
35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospelís will save it.

I agree with GB, I think that death in dreams can sometimes represent a death but it's an aspect of the person that has died.

Having said that if you feel that the dream is literal, then it is a call to pray.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:15 am

Diane;

I have had 2 dreams in the last 2 to 3 months in which i died. In the one dream i was sitting on the floor in my bedroom with my kids around me then i felt like i was dying, i could not breathe etc. I tried to tell my kids to run and call their father who was in the lounge but they could not hear me...then i died.

In the second dream i was in a room where i was trying to switch on a gas machine of some sort, then gas started leaking and i could not breathe. I was with someone whose face i could not see. I tried again to call to this person for help but they could not hear me and i was overcome by the gas and seemed to die.

Both dreams left me quite shaken but i did pray earnestly on and off afterwards though i never really did get the intepretation.

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi Beloved of the Lord...

I'm not an interpreter, and haven't been doing this very long... but i think perhaps both dreams are the same dream with different "props" It seems to be about you calling for help and not being heard. In both cases you couldn't breathe, there are people with you, but they are unable to help...

I wonder if this is about a situation in real life... do you feel overwhelmed and unsupported perhaps??

Maybe post your dream out in the "dreams to be interpreted" under it's own heading, so that others will see it too... :o)

Jesus I pray for this beloved child of yours, I pray for her life and situation, I pray that you will make these dreams clear to her Lord, are they literal and foretelling a situation where she will feel these things? Are they dreams about her life at present and how she feels now... I don't know, so I want to pray for your covering Jesus, I pray you give her clarity of mind and draw her close. I pray for her health and for her family... I pray that you will give her the knowledge and discernment that she needs for these dreams and for whatever circumstance they refer to. Amen

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Beloved -

That must've been disturbing! I think praying about it is the right thing if you feel its literal.

Sometimes when we dream things that are that extreme, its to get our attention. Do you feel like you're suffocating IRL, being stifled/held back? (Or did you feel that way if the dreams are from the past?)

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks for the responses guys, Is is possible though that it may be change taking place in my life. These dreams were 2 to 3 months back. I am currently going through a trial in which i do feel almost overwhelmed at times and if it had not been the LOrd on my side then i dont know what would have become of me! After its over my life as i know it will be gone.

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:55 am

Butterfly, AMEN!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:09 pm

Sponsored content