I think God is trying to tell me to change some things

Go down

I think God is trying to tell me to change some things

Post by Saphire20 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 am

I have been having a very hard time for years now financially. I just cannot seem to get anywhere. I feel like I keep getting on the wrong path, but I do not know how to get on the right one. I pray for guidance and I read the bible, but I cannot seem to figure out what it is that I am doing wrong. Though I know I must be doing something that God wants me to change. I live with my "husband" though I have to say it does not feel right to say husband when we have yet to get married. He says we do not need the piece of paper to be married under god, but I feel like that is not really true. In fact I feel like God would like it if we did get married. But the guy I am with will not listen when I tell him that. How do I figure out what God wants me to change?

Saphire20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I think God is trying to tell me to change some things

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 am

~Saphire,

I want to say this but I want you to understand that what I say is in love and not meant to hurt you in any way.

A man and a woman should live together as husband and wife but must be married according to the word. Marriage is a commitment before God and man and is an open confession of their commitment between God and the marriage. You cannot apply the principables of the bible to adhere to your own will. It must be applied to the will of the Father.

Seek the Lord regarding this matter and I am sure he will give you the same counsel. Our will must line up with his. When it does then things come together. Again I say this in love. God loves us no matter what but I really feel you are trying to understand his plan and purpose in this situation.

Regarding finances: This has been and age old problem. My husband and I are following a guide by Dave Ramsey for our finances and at first I was skeptical but it does work. We have a very limited funds and we now are able to save and pay our tithes and pay all our bills. This is a huge thing for us that we prayed for, for years. Dave Ramsey is a Christian and teaches people how to handle money. You can google it.

I pray this has been of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down