Get Your Shirt Back On!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get Your Shirt Back On!

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:51 pm

There's a lot of this dream that I don't remember unfortunately. Had to do with being at a conference...I recall that several friends and associates were there...I was driving my friend's car (again) and apparently had parked it far from the conference....some people were concerned that I parked it too far and that it was in danger...my friend's ex-wife and her sister appeared at the event. We were all wondering why in the world they would be there (they divorced two years ago).

Scene change - We were all now in Florida at a friend's house. The couple had just moved to Florida and they were showing us their home. I remember is that it was a really nice home and that they were very happy there. The thing that stood out is that the house layout was shaped like a curve (just don't remember what kind of curve, e.g., J or S or P, etc.) instead of a square or rectangle. After a while, I couldn't find my friend. I went outside and walked around the block and saw an old, decrepid, dirty 60's model Chrysler car. Inside were my friend and his ex. It was her car - she was in the driver's seat and he was seated in the middle seat. He was leaning back and his shirt was completely unbuttoned leaving his chest fully exposed. As I was walking closer, I made eye contact with his ex and she was smirking as if to say that she still had him. But in my mind, I realized that nothing had happened but she was smirking to make me believe something had happened.

When my friend saw me he became flustered and quickly started straightening his shirt and buttoning it up. I opened the passenger door and got in the car and calmly asked "With the weather being so hot, wouldn't it have made more sense to roll the windows down?" and then I woke up.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get Your Shirt Back On!

Post by MrsLena on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 pm

These are just my thoughts
Driving your friend's car can mean you are in control of the friend's life. Can it mean you may have possibly given him advice that others didnt like?

2nd part of the dream may mean that your couple friends happy life may appear under threat. An old dirty car may signify to me as problems in his life, esp since its the ex in control. The dream seems to me as though he may be putting himself in a compromising position. The last statement to me appears to be advice, weather being hot may mean if "there are problems in their marriage, wouldnt it make sense to seek out wisdom/revelation" To me by rolling down the windows can mean clearing up vision.

MrsLena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi MrsLena -

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have some questions/comments:

2nd part of the dream may mean that your couple friends happy life may appear under threat.

Could you explain? What did you see in the dream that led you to this?

An old dirty car may signify to me as problems in his life, esp since its the ex in control.
Not sure I agree, the car was the ex's car, it wasn't my friend's car...though I agree with the symbolism, I think it applies to the ex - that it's her life that is in a shambles right now (and it really is IRL)....

I do think one message of the dream is a warning for my friend to not be in compromising positions.

The last statement to me appears to be advice, weather being hot may mean if "there are problems in their marriage, wouldnt it make sense to seek out wisdom/revelation"
They're actually divorced so this part isn't applicable...

If anyone else has thoughts or an interpretation, please feel free to share!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:53 pm

There were a few things that stood out to me...(just giving my thoughts)

1. Your friends were concerned about something that involved you...
2. indicates (either your feelings or real life happenings) your friend's ex (or possibly someone else) having some type of control over him, even though you know he hasn't done anything...also it seemed you provided an "out" for him...by indicating that he could roll down the windows instead of taking his shirt off to get relief from the heat.

I think this dream shows your support of your friend not being in compromising situations... just some thoughts...love ya!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 am

Totally just my thoughts, not an interp... seems to me your friends EX seems to feel insecure, or she may even view you as a threat to her...it seemed she wanted to provoke you. Do you feel this is true irl??

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 pm

You know Daisy, you hit on something. IRL, she saw me as a threat and when we had to interact, she would say/do things in an attempt to provoke me but I wouldn't take her bait - can't tell you how wounded my poor tongue was from biting it so much during that time... laugh

Also, I recently remembered that in the first scene she was one of the people who thought I made a mistake by parking the car so far away and took pleasure in "correcting" me....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Something else that has come to mind related to my driving my friend's car...

While driving someone else's car often symbolizes having control IRL, this is usually when both people are in the car. What's different in this case is that my friend wasn't in the car - I was driving his car and meeting him at the event. To me, if this is symbolic, it is symbolic of our relationship - it has to do with trust and closeness/familiarity. For example, being such good friends with someone that you can complete each others thoughts and sentences, you trust them completely.

I think the reason that I parked the car far away may be so that others wouldn't know that I had been driving his car which is similar to real life in that many people don't know just how close we really are.

This juxtaposes with the second scene....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top