dream that my friend died

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dream that my friend died

Post by Freeprincess on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:26 pm

I had a dream this morning that my friend died. When I woke up I felt like it had happened and actually was grieving his death. It felt so real I felt like it was going to really happen.

Dream:

My husband and I went to go visit my friend. when we got to the house we went in without knocking because it seemed it was old and dilapidated and seemed like no one was living in it. We were walking around down this hall, up the stairs, etc, looking for our friend because we had an appointment to meet with him. His kids noticed us and I got scared and wondered if we were going to get in trouble. It seems like maybe the oldest went and talked to our friend and he told them it was okay we were there. So they seemed to go about their business accepting our presence as we walked around the house exploring and of course I had to go to the bathroom. At one point I was feeling funny about being in there and the woman of the house (his wife) came up to me and asked if she could help us--kinda like what were we doing in her house uninvited. The kids told her it was okay and she went back into the kitchen and allowed us to continue to explore the house and look for our friend. We were sitting in the living room at one time and it seemed like we were getting impatient with waiting so we were walking upstairs. We were trying to find our way to find this person but the house was falling apart. The paint on the walls was chipping off like it as a house that was not lived-in in a long time but they were living there. We were upstairs and I went to the bathroom, then instead of the stairs (we didn't go back that way because we were looking for the person) we went another way. My husband told me to climb out on this large wooden deck thing that was kind of like a platform or scaffolding which was 2 stories high. But when I climbed out on it, it fell over and I afraid I was going to die, but for some reason it came down slow enough that I didn't. Then it seemed like our friend wasn't in the house anymore. We could tell by the way the family was acting that something had happened. I looked out on the lawn and saw a group of people having a candlelight vigil. I knew then that something tragic had happened to our friend and he was dead.

When I woke up I felt very much like this was going to happened and cried.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dream that my friend died

Post by Daisy on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm

O I hope this is not a literal dream...and only symbolic for something that will be put to death in his life. Maybe its a call to pray for him. I am not an interpreter, these are only my thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 pm

thanks Daisy for you thoughts. My friend is still alive but things have shifted in our relationship...but he also told me when I shared the dream with him that it was really helpful. He also said other's have had simular dreams about him and it wasn't literal. But I sure felt it was and since Holy Spirit gave it to me that way, I prayed that way and other things too. I still pray every once and a while for his safety and protection.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Im glad he is still alive. Are you sad or grieved at all that things have shifted in your friendship??

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Yeah, a little. I don't feel like I can share with him or go to him like I use to because he no longer pastors in my city. I feel like it would burden him and I also feel that maybe the dependence is something that needed to go. On the other hand I wish I could get his help with what is happening in our life right now.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I also am not very in touch with my own feelings sometimes, so it could be possible that I do have some grief about it.

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:35 pm

I will pray for you freeprincess.... praying

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeprincess on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:59 am

Hi Daisy,
thank you for your prayers. I really need them right now. Nice getting to connect with you on this forum.
Free Princess

Freeprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 pm

You are so welcome! I feel the same way...nice about connecting on the forum! happy dance

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top