Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cloud

Joining the Peace Corps

i've been praying and wailing and thrashing so much for 4 1/2 years now about what i'm supposed to DO with my life.

my dad just won't leave me alone.

i need/want something to do anyway EVERYDAY...so why not do something that gets me out from under my dad's authority.

pray that this is the right move for me or a wise move.

my heart and flesh tell me this is the wisest decision i've ever made.

but i haven't heard from God yet.

See?

See what I'm dealing with now?

Do you see it people?

Ok let me see if I get this. You want prayer to see if you should join the peace core, I have agreed to do that. Help me, I am confused. What are you really asking for Cloud?

Yes! I want people to pray about whether or not I should join the Peace Corps...or something very similar in nature...something that involves travel.

I'm just saying that if there was any confusion still about what I've been ranting about all these years...this is one of those things...figuring out what I should DO with my life.

Does God think I'm psychologically/Spiritually ready for something like this?

The Peace Corps is a SECULAR organization afterall.

Yeah seriously, this NEEDS to happen, successfully.

Because the past 120 hours have been just endless sin for me.

I've been so angry, irritated, bored, then angry some more.

I've been cussing without mercy.

My parents' house is a toxic environment for me.

My dad's presence just sets me off on tangents.

So keep praying that God sees me out of this household.

Cloud, I don't know if you realize it but you are coming across as very rude and pushy. Is there a reason you find it necessary to be rude to people who are just trying to help you? We aren't trying to torture you and neither is the Lord. He want's you to be free, but not everything we desire lines up with the Lord's will for us. You keep asking for a word and if you heard from Him, would you apply it to your life? I've followed many of your posts and I'm growing extremely intolerant of how brash you are coming across to other members who are reaching out to you in love. I've also noticed several Spirit filled answers from the Lord where it seems you have rejected completely. You will find peace when you seek the Lord with all your heart, mind soul and strength. It's not ok to give God leftovers....He wants the first and best portion of your life. You honor God when you honor your parents...no matter how difficult it may be to you, consider it a sacrifice unto the Lord. Trust me, He will honor it.

I just need this Peace Corps endeavor...or something very similar to work out.

I need to get out and see the world and do something that isn't typical for me.

Peace Corps or Christian Mission Trips are my priority now.

Please change your tone towards members/moderators is what I'm asking. They are just trying to help.

i'm not attacking anyone...sorry if i came off that way.

i'm mad at the problem.

Okay...here's just one more example of my frustration.

I've been emailing around to various people/Churches about me possibly joining them on any Mission Trips available.

I sent like 10 emails at once yesterday and I enjoyed doing it.

But today...NOT ONE of them has responded back to me!

I'm upset. I'm freaking out.

I'm worried that somehow, this isn't God's WILL for me.

Don't be discouraged, many things may have played a role in why you didn't hear anything. A lot depends on volume of inquiries, whether the staff is in on Fridays, etc. Keep in mind that in many instances you may not hear for a week or so, especially if the trip is scheduled a few months out...

well i got one response back now.

the main thing is, i'm worried about what i'll be able to contribute to such missions.

i don't know what my gifts/talents are.

STILL nothing

i go to check my email everyday and find that my inbox is empty

i'm FRIGHTENED of checking my email now for this very reason

God doesn't have the right to do this

God doesn't have the right to restrict me from doing ANY job that i want to

jesus christ, how can God complain that i'm being slothful and not doing anything only to turn around and cause annoying little complications when i finally DO start making the effort to DO something?

that's so ironic and lame

Cloud Connected you need proper structure in your life. I would suggest getting your natural life in order before trying to do spiritual works. You have to be careful that you are not going out of balance trying to force spiritual works to happen. God is not going to condemn you for working in a normal job/jobs.

You can work doing tasks and getting paid for it on the following sites below. It isn't a lot of money but it can help you to learn patience, discipline and perseverance. It is a step.

Amazon Mechanical Turk

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

Easy Hits For You. On easyhitsforyou you can get paid to surf or view people's websites. Ensure that you have a proper anti-virus though because at times a person may put up a website that has a virus on it.

http://www.easyhits4u.com/

butterfly,

i am now in a situation where i HAVE to get a regular job

my dad isn't making any money and he's worried about losing our house

so apparently i was WRONG this whole time about the Peace Corps and such

what does the phrase
"you were meant to be very active in the Kingdom of God" mean?

does that mean i'm meant to hold alot of normal/secular jobs in my lifetime

...or just be very active in Church/Churches/Ministries?

I know that someone told you that "you were meant to be very active in the Kingdom of God". I don't understand what it means really since God did not tell me anything about this in the first place. Since this word that was given to you is bothering you over and over again in your thoughts I would suggest that you forget about what you were told and just concentrate on getting a job. We all need regular jobs and we all need to work so that we can make a life for ourselves, so we don't run out of food, clothing etc. Meanwhile while you are looking about getting a regular job you can also make money on EasyHits4U. You make 30 cents if you view 1000 websites. What helps initially is just to view 200 websites to get a hang of it and then overtime increase the amount of websites that you view. Although this is not much it does add up quickly. Also ensure that you have a proper anti-virus as well, because at times persons may put up a website that has on a virus, so be very very careful. Read on the main website what EasyHits4U have said about this. Be careful. Also you can do tasks on Amazon Mechanical Turk and make money as well. So just discipline yourself and start working today.

Also as well if you want to begin viewing websites on EasyHits4U you have to become a free member of another ptc (paid to click site) like NeoBux. When you have become a free member of one of these ptc sites you simply add the referral code of that site to EasyHits4You. After doing that you can begin viewing websites/ads on EasyHits4U. Also remember that you should view ads as well on the ptc site because you get paid to view ads as well on their sites.

http://www.neobux.com/

this is why i NEED a Christian girlfriend...and soon

someone who is ACTIVE in Kingdom matters herself

so i can be too

I want to also address something you were saying somewhere else. You were saying that you are miserable at the jobs that you have worked at previously. First of all you can't afford to follow your feelings all the time, feelings are fickle and can change easily as the wind. Many if not all persons at one point or another have had to work at a job or jobs that that they didn't like, but they have had to work in that job in order to survive and in order to make their dreams a reality such as being able to pay for school etc

Another thing is that what you enjoy doing is often an indication of what you are good at. So for example I read somewhere that you enjoyed playing video games, perhaps you should also try to find jobs that involve video games. Such as working at a store that sells video games, or perhaps you can find a job as a video game tester. Below is a list of jobs that involves video games

http://careerplanning.about.com/od/occupations/a/videogamecareer.htm

I remember reading something profound, what someone will be willing to work at for free is an indication of where they want to work. So for example if someone enjoys working with cats and they are willing to do that for free it is a strong indication that the job they want to do involve cats.

These are just some thoughts that I think can help you.

Hi Cloud! I'm new here but I've been reading your posts for some time. You sound like a very frustrated young man. You've been given some pretty good advice and encouragement here. @butterfly is right on about you having a regular job and has given you some specific things you can do. Regardless it is IMPERATIVE that you take ACTION in your life.

I read where you NEED a job and you don't have ANY friends. Have you stopped to ask yourself Why?

Do you ACTIVELY SEEK EMPLOYMENT? Do you EVALUATE your efforts EVERY DAY? Do you COSISTENTLY follow up with INQUIRIES and CONTACTS you have made?

Do you make efforts to SOCIALIZE and be around others with similar interests? Do you CONTRIBUTE to conversations and SINCERELY want to SHARE experiences with others?

God expects us to do ALL we can. We should seek his guidance and pray for wisdom as we SEEK to do his will on our lives. We should ask God to BLESS our EFFORTS. The key word is EFFORTS. This involves ACTION once again on your part.

As a young person you can achieve most anything you set out to do. Set your mind to acquiring the things you will need to live a RICH and FRUITFUL life. Some of these things are EDUCATION, STRONG WORK ETHIC, PERSISTANCE, DETERMINATION, COMMUNICATION, and don't forget HUMILITY.

It appears you have issues with your dad so if you can't talk to him choose another trusted friend or relative. I'm sure there is someone available to you if you take time to think about it.

Understanding God's will for us can be a LONG process and most of the time DOES NOT come to us in a single word or thought.

I want to leave you with a word of ENCOURAGEMENT. Be CONFIDENT and have FAITH in yourself and God. TRUST him to lead you as you TAKE ACTION. You CAN do whatever you want to do if you are willing to work for it.

hello

i just feel i NEED a job that is "right" for me...even spiritually

i've NEVER been that close to Jesus

it gets that much more difficult with all these other concerns like having a job

i can't focus on Jesus and 'other things' at the same time...i ALWAYS forget about Jesus and get caught up in other crap

I need to be able to make money(for my needs only) doing something Jesus/Church related

@Cloud Connected

You should NOT box yourself in to only Church related jobs. They are typically low paying and very few to choose from. If you are 23 years old and living at home, you need to have a lot more going on in your life. You can serve God in any job by choosing to be a Christian and living your life accordingly.

Did you answer the questions I asked previously? Do you ACTIVELY SEEK EMPLOYMENT? Do you EVALUATE your efforts EVERY DAY? Do you COSISTENTLY follow up with INQUIRIES and CONTACTS you have made?

Do you make efforts to SOCIALIZE and be around others with similar interests? Do you CONTRIBUTE to conversations and SINCERELY want to SHARE experiences with others?

Have you found a trusted friend or relative to discuss theses matters with? Be honest with yourself Cloud. Are you doing ALL that you can do and asking God to bless your efforts?

Even when you are making a Maximum Effort, it can take time for things to work out. But have FAITH. They will work out if you continue to WORK and PRAY.

The apostle Paul writes "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

And so it will be for you. Be enouraged young man. You have your whole life in front of you. Now go LIVE it.

Bless YOU!

yes, NOW i'm starting to make real effort

yet i'm STILL having trouble

i check my email EVERYDAY and i don't get any responses

why is God doing this?

God CLEARLY wants me to have a job so bad...because he keeps using my dad to forcefully push me into getting one

so WHY is God contradicting Himself by NOT honoring my efforts?