Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deborah

Habakkuk 3:17-19

I was just minding my own business the other day, and I felt led to read a passage of scripture I have often read and enjoyed, Habakkuk 3:17-19:

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The LORD God [a] is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

What stood out to me the other day was that last line:

And He will make me walk on my high hills.

Do you see that? It's not THE high hills, but MY high hills.

YOUR obstacles--that's what you'll walk on when you're rejoicing in the Lord despite your circumstances.

When I was growing up, I lived in a remote rural area that had a lot of white-tailed and mule deer. I lived at the bottom of a deep valley and I'd often see the deer running up the steep hills. Their agile feet had no trouble maneuvering over bushes, between trees, through snow. They were beautiful to behold.

So whatever YOUR high hills are--depression, lack of finances, divorce--whatever--remember, God will make you walk on your high hills.

Love this scripture. IT comes back to me from time to time. There used to be a book entitled "Hindsfeet" or something like that. Lots of friends of mine read it and enjoyed it. I haven't read it...but maybe it's because I can't remember the actual title.

Thanks for sharing this encouraging word.

Amen!! What a revelation! You are such a blessing Deborah! Bless You

Habakkuk again. I find it interesting how I have been constantly stumbling over him time and time again lately. Also, I find it interesting how *your* dream might be message to me as well.

Thanks for that description of the deers. For those like me who grew up in the city, it really gives me alot of revelation of that scripture.

God bless you :glory: