Is this God calling me to act?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this God calling me to act?

Post by redeeminglove on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm

I had a dream and I would like an interpretation to see if my interpretation is on track.

I then heard the same voice telling me that I need knock on this guy's door to tell him that I want him to chase me. I kept putting off knocking on his door, and was kind of dawdling as I walked to the door of his apartment.

I knocked, and as soon as he came to the door, I ran away and he began to chase me. I came up to a crosswalk and he was closing in on me. He caught up to me, but I then saw a group of people walking in a line going through the cross walk perpendicular to us to the cross. I told him that he could not catch me until the people in the line were passed because I was unable to cross the street with the line of people crossing.

The next thing I know, I am up against a wall and he catches me. I felt a little sad that he caught me, because I wanted to keep running. He put his arms against the wall above me head and leaned against the wall (not in a sexual or controlling manner) and asked me if I would date him. He then hugged me. I looked down like I was very uncomfortable being in a relationship (it was not the guy I was uncomfortable with, in real life I just don't know how to act so I get a little guarded and guys have misread me in the past). I did not answer him, and he said to me, "Wait, you don't want to date me?" and he sounded saddened and hurt. I looked up and said to him, "Oh no, I do! I do want to date you." and he hugged me again.

I remember not liking that he was hugging me the way he was because his body were touching my chest and knew that he just didn't understand where I was coming from but was not doing it to be a pervert. I thought to myself that we would have to discuss the dos and don't of our relationship.

***So, do you think God is calling me to put myself out there for this guy? It is somebody I have been praying about for a little while now.

I clearly have some reservations. I always thought I would have get over all of my flaws before God would bring me somebody... maybe God is showing me that I won't be perfect and still to go for it and let him pursue me...

Any other ideas?

Any would help

RL

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this God calling me to act?

Post by Cloud on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm

You should put yourself out there as an act of Faith.

Do it because you need to stop thinking about it so much.

It's for your own good.

I'm literally having the same endeavor myself with my own dreams.

Before you act though, talk to daphanie02...she's a member on the board who's already gone through this.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeeminglove on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Hey Cloud Connection,

Thank you so much for your insight, I do appreciate it.

This guy is not somebody I want to date. He is not somebody I am eager for and think about cnostantly. He is my best friend's brother. My best friend, her sister-in-law, and her mother think I am perfect for him.

In real life, I have my own reservations. :) So, I do not feel it necessary to step out in faith because I still need to seek prayer about him. If he rejects me completely, I would not be the least bit upset because he isn't somebody I "want" or "crush" on.

I need to keep praying because maybe he is the person God has for me, and maybe God is encouraging me to put myself around him and "knock" on his door.

It makes me laugh to think of the kind of chase I may put him through... it really makes me chuckle!

I do know one thing, the guy who I marry is going to have to really pursue me and prove himself for me. :)

RL

redeeminglove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 pm

hello

then keep seeking God on this

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down