moving ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

moving ...

Post by tabitha on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 am

i could use a prophetic word on an upcoming move out of state ... it seems like it's taking forever for things to fall into place to make it possible. we don't even have an idea of where yet ... we just know we have two choices but have yet to receive the knowledge of which one is better for us. it's frustrating!

tabitha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: moving ...

Post by Cloud on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:11 pm

what prompted you to want to move out of state in the first place?

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:23 pm

hubby has worked on the road for about 7 years ... we are tired of it so we are going to move near one of his jobsites ... we just don't know which one would be best and since they are in two different states with equal pros and cons it's been difficult to decide ... i really want to go where God knows is best for us.

tabitha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:49 am

can't reply to your message because i haven't reached the post quota ... i know you meant that link to be helpful but now i'm more stuck ... while i know we have free will and can choose to go where we want and God would most certainly be with us wherever ... i still feel as we should take the Lord's leading on this one. my main concerns are not for how long work will be there or being away from extended famly for a few years etc. but on which place we will grow best spiritually while we are away and which place we will better be able to serve God. we don't know either town very well so i have no sense at all at where we can better be used in their respective local churches. only God knows where we need to be to further His work ... i'm just waiting to receive confirmation of which direction to go. does that make sense? i think i understood the article to say that seeking God like this is like divination but seeking advice from God on an important decision seems more like perfect counsel considering He is the only one who knows everything. am i wrong in this thinking? or did i misunderstand the article?

tabitha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloud on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:28 am

Hello

No you're not wrong.

Not everyone(every believer) has the same experiences, decisions, etc in life.

If you feel that you need a tangible answer from God about this, then keep praying and posting about it.

I was just trying to offer some help.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:17 pm

thanks i appreciate it ... i will definitely pray about the article ... there's always the possibility that this is one of those big decisions that God is letting us make of our own free will. in scripture He did tell others He would be with them wherever they went. that could also be why we have not had a clear answer even though we've been praying for some time. this was helpful ... thanks!

tabitha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Whatever you do, don't make a move until you have complete peace. If there is one bit of hesitency, then don't move. The Holy Spirit is our inner compass and he guides us with peace, or lack thereof. I think God's people need to rely MORE on the Holy Spirit than receiving a prophetic word from man. If someone is giving you an utterence from the Lord, it's a word that you have the capability of hearing for yourself.

I'm not saying to NOT ask for one, but don't let it be your ONLY source of whether you should move or not. Turn your ear inward and hear what the Spirit of the Lord has to say to you...He's ALWAYS speaking.

Blessings to you and your family...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top