Sitting at the table, a bicycle and a farm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sitting at the table, a bicycle and a farm

Post by meg2011 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am

Last night I had this weird dream

We were at my grandma's house sitting at the kitchen table. (was common for us to gather there) Sarah and Mel (RL cousins) were present. Rick (co worker, he is the maintenance person, and also attends my church) and Friends daughter (we will call K) were also present. We started out in the backyard where I was showing people around. I showed them my dog that was in a kennel and told them he had been staying here awhile and is ready to go home. We then went inside. While sitting at the table sarah, mel and I were working on something. Not entirely sure what. We needed help so Rick and K came to help. K sat down and was talking to me. She called me by name then started talking about Walmart and how they watch movies on break and they change the TV station. She asked you used to work at walmart right. I replied no. Rick asked "can you sew a straight line". I'm not sure why we were sewing anything. I said "no, when I sew lines are never straight." We laughed over that. (I've never been any good at sewing IRL.) We then went to the oven. We were getting things ready to head to our reunion. We were heading to the family farm (actual place our family reunions are held) and we were going to ride our bikes (this too was common for us at grandmas). I got on a bike that looked like a normal bike but had two additional ones attached to it with bungee cords. The bike felt like it was hard to peddle. Mel said should we go left or right. I said it is faster to go left (from grandmas to farm you actually do turn left). We then turn left. I noticed the tires were not rotating cause they were getting held back by the cords. I stopped and undid the cords. For whatever reason we tried tying the bike to a telephone pole with a dog leash. I said that won't work and undid the leash. Sarah said that is probably a good idea. I replied how are you suppose to ride. The rope wont go that far. Then I woke up.

Last edited by meg2011 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 am; edited 3 times in total

meg2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sitting at the table, a bicycle and a farm

Post by meg2011 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:12 pm

decided to look up Straight Line. It kept catching my attention. I was led to 2 Tim 2:15. Rightly dividing means to cut straight. So I then looked it up in the concordance and it says:

"2 Tim 2:14-21: Those disposed to strive, commonly strive about matters of small moment. But strifes of words destroy the things of God. The apostle mentions some who erred. They did not deny the resurrection, but they corrupted that true doctine. Yet nothing can be so foolish or erroneous, but it will overturn the temporary faith of some professors. This foundation has two writings in it. One speaks our comfort. None can overthrow the faith of any whom God hath chosen. The other speaks our duty. Those who whould take the comfort from their privilege, must make conscience of the duty given to us, since Christ gave himself that he might redeem us from all iniquity. The church of Christ is like a dwelling: some furniture is of great value; some of smaller value, and put to meaner uses. Some professors of religion are like vessels of wood and earth. When the vesses of dishonour are cast out to be destroyed, the others will be filled with all the fulness of God. We must see to it that we are holy vessels. Every one in the church whom God approves, will be devoted to his Master's service, and thus fitted for his use."

Which brings me to a recent sermon Keep your eyes on the goal and don't look back or you will have zip zag lines.

Any additional thoughts?

meg2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meg2011 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 am

Any insight on this? I think I now know the meaning of most of it. Would love to see what you think to make sure I'm on the right track.

meg2011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:45 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top