Dreams from the Lord? Please help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams from the Lord? Please help.

Post by eternalsunshine on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:46 am

The section for posting dreams that need interpretation was closed, so I am posting here. In the future where would be the appropriate place to post?

I was a wayward daughter. I became a believer at 22, but walked away. The Lord has touched me and I have come back to him. I am realizing that our walk with God is a marriage. We have a covenant with him. I am truly thankful for his mercy and love. I am in awe of his patience with me.

So here is my story. There are two dreams, one has manifested. When the Lord came to me to ask me to come back to him, I was in a 2.5 year relationship with a man. We were living together. He is not a Christian. I was watching tv (TBN) and a commercial of sorts came on and one of the men said, "God wants to take you away from the wrong relationship. He can see all and knows where each persons path will take them. It may be painful, but you may run into the person years later and see where they are at and praise God that he saved you from that relationship." Not word for word, but basically that was the message. I felt it was the Lord speaking to me, but I wasn't sure. A few days later, I was watching another Christian station and a similar message came on. It was painful to hear the confirmation, but I knew it was the Lord speaking to me. Still though, I thought maybe I'm just reading too much into this, ya know??? Like God speaking to me is too good to be true. I know He does speak to us like this, but still it always amazes me and I want to make sure it is Him and not me. Does this happen to any of you??

In addition to this, I was being convicted of living in sin with this man. I knew we had to live in separate apartments. I also knew I had to stop being intimate with him, so I did. I would not let him kiss me or even cuddle me. Only hugs. I was thinking we could continue on as a couple, but not living together or being physical until we were married. He saw me come back to the Lord and we would discuss the gospel. I thought maybe he would be converted. He was coming with me to church. I am new to this particular church. During this time, a intern-pastor was being promoted to associate pastor and my x and I were at the commission ceremony. I said to my x, I want you to have a heart for the Lord like him. I had no attraction to him, I just was praising God that there was a young man, he is my age, that isn't afraid to love the Lord and give his life to him. I wanted it to encourage my x. (this info is important to the rest of the story) This was a painful time. I prayed that the Lord would help me not be devastated over this relationship and give me strength to maintain purity and to somehow make this separation of our living arrangements as painless and quick as possible.

The more my x and I talked about the Lord, the more I realized how his heart was towards Him. I had to nagging feeling that my x would not turn to the Lord anytime soon. Maybe the word the Lord spoke to me via the commercials was right, that this relationship is not for me. I couldn't sleep all night. I was just talking to God about it. I had a dream several nights later.

In the dream, my boyfriend and I were on a couch together. I suddenly felt so sleepy and I closed my eyes to wake up with him gone. It was the worst feeling of abandonment. I felt like he waited for me to sleep so he could slip away. I looked for him, but I knew he was hiding from me. Then his friend (I didn't recognize this person in the dream) walked in carrying beer and stuff. (By the way my ex has a history of drug abuse). I immediately knew his friend knew where he was so I followed and he went to a closet and when he opened the closet door my x comes stumbling out, looking so high and out of it, he can barely stand. Coming out behind him is a woman. I know she is being intimate with him. I am so angry and I am talking to her telling her to tell me what she thinks she is doing with him. In the next scene, my x is laying on a bed happy with two women at his side, performing a sexual act with him. None of them care I am there. I am so hurt and furious and devastated. The dream ends. I am haunted by the feelings this dream has left me with.

I wonder if God is showing me my x's future, that this is the path he will take, hedonism. I tell my x the next morning we need to be officially just friends. We can move back into a relationship only if and when he becomes a Christian.

The manifestation of the dream:
That day he is meeting a friend of his for dinner. When he comes back from dinner, he tells me that him and his friend were at the restaurant and two women at the bar were flirting with him from across the way. He went over to them with his friend and his friend gets their numbers and invites them out to a local lounge the coming Friday. My x tells me the girl said she was so happy he came over to her and she told him he had beautiful eyes, and basically he told me she was someone he could really like. I was like ok. Wow, you moved on real quick. This is the manifestation of the dream, right?
His friend and the two women? Obviously the other stuff didn't go down that night, but does it all still fit?

I feel like maybe the Lord was trying to encourage me and give me the wisdom and strength so I would leave and not go back to my x. To be sure that this isn't the man for me. I feel like he blessed me with the dream because I was being obedient and pure in my heart. I want to obey Him. I was taking the actions to purify this area of my life. Does that sound like it fits with the Lord?

Ok, so remember the associate pastor? . One day at church, I am sitting somewhere near where he is standing (he always stands in the back) and I can't help but feel this pull towards him and I start to think he is my husband. At this service, the head pastor was preaching and was going to tell a story, a personal story of someone and he was asking aloud, "should I tell this story, I don't know if I should" He asks this twice and some woman in the crowd is shouting yes. So he begins to tell it and doesn't even get the second word out when his mic malfunctions and you can't hear a thing. We all laughed and said I guess God doesn't want the story told amongst ourselves. Well shortly after this, I keep looking over at the associate pastor when the guy behind me gets up and his iphone drops...he didn't even notice so I grab it to follow him and give it back. The man seems to be heading straight for the assoc. pastor. In my mind I am saying NOO, I don't want to have to meet him now. I couldn't believe it.
I've never officially met him at this point or looked into his eyes, but yes, that is where the man who dropped his phone goes. So I am standing behind the man I trying to tap him but he doesn't turn around so I just stand to his side to kinda hide myself and hand him the phone without a word, he says thanks and I just smile. The assoc. pasto

to him with a few women and they discouraged me. One told me to tell him because

Last edited by eternalsunshine on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 am; edited 4 times in total

eternalsunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dreams from the Lord? Please help.

Post by Grey Butterfly on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 am

Hi Eternal Sunshine,

Right now, I believe that you need to be focussing on God... pressing into him and loving him with all your heart. You have just made the most amazing decision for him, you have been buried with him and raised to new life. Jesus wants to hold you for a bit... he has this brand new baby girl that is still wet behind the ears and fresh and he wants to gaze at you and love on you... all you need right at the moment is to rest in that. "Be still and know that I am God" Don't deprive him of that... I remember that from when I was a new Mum... those precious few months when I was the only one my baby had eyes for... I would go back there in a heartbeat, even with the sleepless nights :o) God deserves that.... and you deserve to have that start to your eternal life too! Soak it up, make sure that his face, his eyes are etched into your spirit and none other will ever do quite as well.

Then.... ask him to write you a beautiful love story. A love story where your ex and all that he is are a distant memory and you have spent so much time in the company of your Lord that the scent of heavens halls waft about you - that is a scent that draws a man of God with a pure heart and repels all others.

May God bless you, my new sister!

Much love, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Praise the Lord, eternalsunshine!

Welcome to the site! I moved your post to the "Dreams to Be Interpreted" section - not sure why you weren't able to post there earlier as there haven't been any problems that I'm aware of...

As for your situation and your post, I applaud you for taking the steps that you have taken by moving out of your apt and reestablishing your relationship with your ex to make it a righteous one. I do believe the first dream manifested as you described. As for the situation with the other gentleman, I think it was courageous and bold (in a good way) of you to let the gentleman know that he should be mindful of the way that he approaches you rather than let a misunderstanding develop.

As a slight digression, I have a friend who is similar in that he loves on people a lot. The problem that he encounters a lot is that broken women are attracted to him like flies on fly paper. Understand that heís not flirting, being too "friendly" or being suggestive - for example, he holds the door open for women. If he's at a house and getting something to drink, he'll ask the people around him if they'd like him to get something for them as well. If he sees someone in the "odd man out" mode (e.g., in a social setting someone who isn't fitting into conversations and not really interacting with others usually because they're new to the group), he'll bring them into the conversation. Now emotionally healthy women don't see those gestures as anything more than a man practicing his manners. What I observed over the years is that women who aren't accustomed to being treated with kindness and respect often misunderstand his motives and believe that heís interested in them romantically. Shortly after their interaction (sometimes even at the same event), theyíll make a play for him - anything from inviting him to their home for dinner, calling him out of the blue when he never gave them his phone number, following him around at his church (sometimes getting involved in the same ministries just to be close to him), etc....and that's if they go to church. Others have more or less made a play for him, sometimes by the end of the evening and in some cases, women have outright propositioned him. (ok, so the discussion about women and the steps they will take to "get" a man (smh) will resume in Fellowship Hall later).

So bringing the story back to you, I think that while it is embarrassing, it was a righteous thing for you to do in setting boundaries with the gentleman. It decreases the chances that you may misinterpret his intentions and at the same time, makes him more conscious of his behavior around you and, hopefully, serves as a check in his spirit regarding how he approaches and interacts with women in general. Not suggesting that heís doing anything wrong Ė as with my friend above, half the battle is just being conscious about the fact that actions can be interpreted as meaning something that they werenít intended to mean.

And it also helps him honor his current relationship. I agree with the women who have discouraged you - heís accounted for, donít do anything in your power to attract him, influence him, etc. Iíve seen and heard so many instances where people act based on unconfirmed dreams, prophetic revelations, etc. and cause themselves heartache and embarrassment because in the end, they really werenít hearing from God as they (strongly) believed that they were. If God wants the two of you to be together, PLEASE let Him do the work, donít try to help him. Be like Gideon and seek confirmation after confirmation after confirmation. Seek the counsel of wise, mature Christian women who have observed/experienced similar things and can offer Godly counsel. But most of all, walk in lockstep with the Lord. He loves you and has someone for you - Iím not saying that it is or isnít this gentleman but since heís currently in a relationship, donít do anything that would dishonor it or dishonor God.

Another reason not to walk ahead of the Lord - I have a friend (that Iíll call Pam) who was engaged when she met the man (who Iíll call Sam) she eventually married. They were co-workers and would go walking during their lunch breaks. They were both Christians and while Sam had feelings for Pam, he said NOTHING about it to her. He just allowed the friendship to develop and prayed that if the engagement was of the Lord that He would take the desire for Pam out of Samís heart. Over time, Pam broke off her engagement - NOT because of Sam, at that point she still didnít consider him anything but an office friend Ė but because she felt that the Lord was telling her that her fiancť really wasnít the man that He had for her.

A few months after the breakup, she suddenly saw Sam in a different light. As she tells the story, Sam didnít fit her boyfriend ďprofileĒ - all the physical/personality characteristics that we choose (aka superficial things that we conjure up ) but the Lord started showing her things about Sam that she felt made him a good Godly man and a man that she felt completely comfortable with. He had over time become a special friend, and then one day as they were walking, she suddenly found herself attracted to him Ė like the sun hit him at the right angles and he looked completely different than he had in the past. She was now wondering if heíd be interested in her Ė since theyíd been friends for so long, she wasnít sure he would see her as anything else but a friendÖlol! Well, theyíve been married now for around 12 years and have two kidsÖ.

IMO, this situation could have had a horrible result but it was successful because neither Pam nor Sam walked ahead of the Lord. Sam couldíve been bad mouthing Pamís fiancť before and especially after he discovered that there were issues. Or he couldíve been trying to date her even though she was engaged. Even though God had shown him that Pam was going to be his wife, Sam didnít lay claim to her before Godís appointed time, he let God handle the situation in His timing. There is no greater joy than seeing God work a situation out without our help, when we donít even see whatís happening until itís done.

My advice to you is Matthew 6:33. Seek God first, and all these things will be added to you. Continue to grow in the Lord Ė grow in your knowledge of who He is, grow in the gifts that youíve been given, and grow in your service to Him. He loves you and knows your heart and has someone in store for you. Become who God has created you to be so that you can be ready to meet the man that God has for you when itís the right time.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eternalsunshine on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Diane,

Thank you for much for your encouragement. I do need to be focusing on the Lord and I do want that more than anything. I want to be satisfied enough with Him that I could careless if I ever got married!! I just want to know if the Lord is communicating with me in these instances. I feel that He is, possibly to bless me for my obedience and to strengthen my relationship to Him. I want Him to always speak to me in dreams and confirmations and signs.

eternalsunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eternalsunshine on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi Lola,

Your post really helped me so much. I loved what you said about being like Gideon!! That story is so encouraging. Thank you too for the Habakkuk verse as well. Perfect!!! I will wait on the Lord and just focus on my relationship with Him, seek Him. The exciting part of dreaming these dreams is not so much what He is showing me, but just that He is speaking to me at all!!!! I feel honored. I do not want to do anything to dishonor the Lord and my hope is that He will teach me and show me how to live in a way that pleases Him. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord."

eternalsunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eternalsunshine on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Any other insights are welcome! Please post.

eternalsunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top