Spiritual Guidance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spiritual Guidance

Post by dadams1062 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:12 am

I have been a struggling Christian for most of my life. My parents are Christians and so are my brothers and sister. When I was younger I felt close to God. I remember praying to Jesus asking him if I could be as close to him as was humanly possible for I loved him so much.

As I grew into my teens, I turned away from God. I even remember one day saying that I would never follow him again and that I wanted nothing more to do with him. My life at many points spiraled out of control. I was in several relationships that ended badly. For the last four years I have been in a relationship with a man on and off but was not a Christian. He is a good person, and while I was with him I gradually started talking to God again. A spiritual battle has been raging in myself for many years. I felt constantly convicted because I wasn't living a life for God. I recently broke up with my boyfriend of four years and am now a young adult. I pray to God all the time now, and would say I am a Christian however I am still not in the place I would like to be in terms of living a life for God.

The reason I explain my background is because to know my situation will help in the interpretation of my dreams. I remember when I was younger (only 12 years old) I fell asleep really upset because my friend had accused me of stealing from her. That night I had a dream that to this day I will never forget.

I never wrote it down so I will only explain the bits I remember. I was standing in a large cave that was burning with fire. There were people there and beasts. The floor crumbled away and each beast was on different platforms. I remember I followed some beasts to the platforms but I was unsure where to go.

Next I was in a place called Drewstown House. (Its is a christian center where I have many happy memories from my childhood) There were small people/children everywhere and there was this heavenly music. I think I saw Jesus there among the people, and I was so happy. I was so happy that I cried in my dream and when I woke up I felt like God had spoken to me. But being 12 years old I didn't have a clue what it meant!!

Another dream I had recently enough was a dream in which I was in my house. I look out the window and I saw water rising. But I feel safe and all my family is safe.

I would appreciate guidance on these dreams. I know that God speaks to me through my dreams but I can never understand them!!

dadams1062

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiritual Guidance

Post by butrflie50 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm

I dont know for sure, and the Lord will hear you if you continue to cry out to Him for forgivenesss for turning away from Him so deliberately. And he does love you so very much that He even gave you a message(s) as such a young age.
But when I read your dream I see a person that from a young age, has been on a path back and forth. The trip to a "beastly" place represents Hell, and the different levels, as well as Heaven where the music was playing. The Lord has made a way for you to escape the road that leads to Hell by repenting and turning to Him. You will hear His loving voice (music) for the rest of your years if you do this.

butrflie50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 am

dadams1062,

I do not have an interpretation but wanted to share this with you. Just because you are young does not mean that you can not understand your dreams. Joseph was very young when he began dreaming. Yet a boy. The Lord says we have not because we ask not. Ask the Lord to reveal the meanings of your dreams. Write down your dreams in a journal and log them. I have dreams sometimes that I do not understand and then when I pray for understand the Lord will show me what it means. Sometimes I still don't understand at the time but he will show me at the appointed time what it means. Sometimes I get understanding when the dream is manifesting. Be of good courage. He will show you. Stay in the word and prayerful. All things will be revealed in due season.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top