Recurring dreams with ex

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recurring dreams with ex

Post by Stef on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:11 pm

i have a friend that dated this guy 15years ago, and she keeps having happy, family time dreams with him, even though she's married to another guy for years. She said the dreams are very vivid, and she feels incredibly happy, even holding a little girl in her arms(IRL she has no kids), having dinner with her family members, having a beach vacation, etc..
Any ideas as to why?

Stef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recurring dreams with ex

Post by Cloud on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:02 am

Your friend should NOT be thinking about this guy anymore.

These dreams are just that...dreams...and nothing more.

They're certainly NOT from God.

Your friend needs to let go of any feelings of this 'dream dude' and be content with what she has.

God would not cause sin.

I can say all of ^^^ the above with experience under my belt.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Just thoughts…

If your friend can say with 100% confidence that she doesn't have any unresolved feelings for this man then its quite possible that these dreams are symbolic of something else. As an example, the "marriage" that she experiences with him could be symbolic of a partnership that may involve him or some sort of agreement. (Not saying this is the interpretation in this case, just giving a general example.)

Also, this man could also be symbolic of someone else. When we dream about people in our dreams, they are often symbolic of other people. One litmus test that this may be the case is that their behavior in the dream is not consistent with their personality/behavior/attitude in real life. In this case, her friend may be symbolic for someone else (maybe even her IRL husband) – he may share similar personality traits/physical features/ beliefs/ways of doing things/etc. with the person that he represents. The following is a link that discusses this in more detail:

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t8474-common-themes-people

I have a friend who also has dreams about an ex-boyfriend and her dreams sound similar to your friend’s. In her case, the dreams are a call to intercede for him and his family to help him come back to the Lord. Dreams like this can seem inappropriate on the surface but when we look more deeply, paying special attention to the feelings in the dream (she felt happiness not guilt nor condemnation) and also making sure that the dream isn’t a soulish dream from the flesh, there often is a symbolic message from the Lord.

Why does He give us dreams like this? :idk: but I do know that the Bible tells us that His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways – I personally put dreams like this in that category, others may have another explanation.

Hope this helps! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:29 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top