the occult

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the occult

Post by daisychain on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:37 am

I used to be involved in the occult, i experimented with things from tarot cards to Ouija boards. I have recently came back to the lord, i burnt everything that i owned to do with the occult and repented for what id been involved in. i just want to know will being involved in the occult in the past still have a negative effect on my life, i sometimes dream that my house is haunted and that im still using the Ouija board the dreams are really frighting, if there is something still there from my past how do i get rid of it, ive prayed about it but im not sure its done any good, or maybe its me just being paranoid?

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the occult

Post by Tinique on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:51 am

Hi, this is just my advice and that is to trust that God has forgiven you.
Also, I'd like to add that my mother too was involved in Tarot cards, crystals, Pendulum fortune telling etc.
After a while, there was definitely spirits in our home.
She went to the deliverance Pastor at our church just to be prayed for in general, without telling him anything. He prayed off witchcraft. Also our house was fine.
Maybe you should just meet with a Pastor and explain your situation, let him pray for you.
Remember though, that Satan will really try and make you believe that God has not forgiven you..

God Bless :)

Tinique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:16 am

hi Tinique, I think i know god has forgiven me, its just most of the time i feel I'm not worthy, its like god is saying why should i answer your prayers there are people worse off than you so toughen up! would god say those things? i also think sometimes that the devil is trying to ruin things for me and is trying to make me backslide. Im so confused i dont know what to think its like the devil is pulling me one way and god is pulling me another tornado

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:23 am

The verse that came to mind when I read this thread is 1 John 1:9 -
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

You have confessed your sin and God has forgiven you. He knows your heart. And Satan doesn't like it. God didn't say those things, the enemy did. Rebuke him in the name of Jesus. Remember who you are and whose you are - your slate was wiped clean and you were given a new start when you got saved and when you repented of your sin.

Read Psalm 103 as that also came up in my heart for you and remember verse 12 - 12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Make no mistake, the devil is trying to ruin things for you, he wants you back. But remember John 10:10 - 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Stayed in God's Word, knowing that everything in it applies to you - not of us are worthy, our God is a gracious and merciful God. You are as worthy as anyone else to have received God's gift of salvation. Satan will try to make you believe otherwise which is why it's important to stay prayed up, reading the Bible regularly, keeping your praise/worship music on, having others intercede for you, etc. - you have to stay strong spiritually because the devil is looking for your weak spot so that he can play on it which is what he's doing now. Use the Word to rebuke him and remember that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Stand in the authority that has been given to you (Luke 10:19). As you resist him, he will leave you alone (James 4:7). Things will become better as you continue to do these things. flower Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 am

Thankyou lola, do you think the nightmares are from Satan too, or is it god warning me?

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Hello daisychain,
I have learned from experience that not all nightmares are nightmares.
I have also learned from experience, because I am a child of God, I can prevent the ones that are nightmares from happening. I simply say every night before I go to sleep, "I pray the blood of Jesus and the protection of God to the North, South, East and West of my house and I bind in the name of Jesus all evil spirits (and whatever esle I do not want in my thoughts, sleep, or dreams) from my thoughts, sleep, and dreams. I give them no authority or permission to enter into my thoughts, sleep, or dreams".
As I have said, "Not all nightmares are nightmares". You cannot bind anything God puts in your dreams. God uses what we are familar with and you are familar with the occult. I would dare to say that at times HE may use things from or of the occult to show you something but when this happens and the night before you prayed the above, when you wake up look at the dream as symbolic and take it from there in interpreting it.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 pm

One Door wrote:Hello daisychain,
I have also learned from experience, because I am a child of God, I can prevent the ones that are nightmares from happening. I simply say every night before I go to sleep, "I pray the blood of Jesus and the protection of God to the North, South, East and West of my house and I bind in the name of Jesus all evil spirits (and whatever esle I do not want in my thoughts, sleep, or dreams) from my thoughts, sleep, and dreams. I give them no authority or permission to enter into my thoughts, sleep, or dreams".
As I have said, "Not all nightmares are nightmares". You cannot bind anything God puts in your dreams. God uses what we are familar with and you are familar with the occult. I would dare to say that at times HE may use things from or of the occult to show you something but when this happens and the night before you prayed the above, when you wake up look at the dream as symbolic and take it from there in interpreting it.
Amen! Well said!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 pm

lola21st wrote:The verse that came to mind when I read this thread is 1 John 1:9 -
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

You have confessed your sin and God has forgiven you. He knows your heart. And Satan doesn't like it. God didn't say those things, the enemy did. Rebuke him in the name of Jesus. Remember who you are and whose you are - your slate was wiped clean and you were given a new start when you got saved and when you repented of your sin.

Read Psalm 103 as that also came up in my heart for you and remember verse 12 - 12 as far as the east is from the west,

Make no mistake, the devil is trying to ruin things for you, he wants you back. But remember John 10:10 - 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Stayed in God's Word, knowing that everything in it applies to you - not of us are worthy, our God is a gracious and merciful God. You are as worthy as anyone else to have received God's gift of salvation. Satan will try to make you believe otherwise which is why it's important to stay prayed up, reading the Bible regularly, keeping your praise/worship music on, having others intercede for you, etc. - you have to stay strong spiritually because the devil is looking for your weak spot so that he can play on it which is what he's doing now. Use the Word to rebuke him and remember that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Stand in the authority that has been given to you (Luke 10:19). As you resist him, he will leave you alone (James 4:7). Things will become better as you continue to do these things. flower Bless You
AMEN!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi daisychain! I was wondering if you are strongly connected to a local church in your area? If so, do they teach in the power of the Holy Spirit and annointing of oil etc?? If so, I wonder if you could ask your pastor or someone from pastoral care to come out and help anoint your house for you...just to give you peace of mind. Flower Power

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 am

One Door wrote:Hello daisychain,

I totally agree with this statement. Well said One Door.

Love in Jeus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:25 am

lola21st wrote:The verse that came to mind when I read this thread is 1 John 1:9 -

I totally in agreement with Lola as well! Amen and well stated!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:33 am

One other thought! Remember that you are a child of God. With that comes all the benefits of being an heir. You have all the keys to the kingdom!

You are a child of God
Redemmed from the hand of the enemy
An overcomer by the blood of the lamb and the word of your testimony.
Justified
Santified
Forgiven

There are many more but these are good ones to start on. Start speaking this outloud everyday to remind you of who you are in him. In the word it say that none are worthy, no not one. When we give our life to him we become worthy and justified and santified and forgiven and loved and protected and given every attribute of God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We need to stand on that word and claim it in our lives. Remember that the enemy has no power over those who believe. We just tell him to shut up and leave in Jesus name and he must comply.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:55 am

thanks everyone for the good advice, im not involved in a church at the moment, im abit nervous about going alone but ive being praying about it thumbs

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top