flying in dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

flying in dream

Post by dd on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi there,

I dunno how to react to this dream or how to pray over it. I am not sure what exactly God tries to tell me. I will tell you the dream and then I will tell you what I already have from God after I have prayed for it.

Here goes the dream:
One of the first things I remember that I was standing with a "father type of person" (was not my dad though) on something high (I think it was a building or a balcony or a viewing platform of smth.) I was given a very good camera with a zoom. As I took it, I looked through it and I zoomed in. I was in shock how far I was able to zoom. It was like a binocular. I spotted an incredibly beautiful view of Swiss mountains and lakes and woods, and I knew it was my dream to be there. I knew I need to take the step to be there. Actually I kind of "zoomed myself into it". I decided to go for it. And then I found myself wandering around and searching for the way there; I faced the "hard reality" so to speak.
Then I had this opportunity to get out of this pointless wandering and I remember one part very clearly: me flying from the street to the 5th floor (and I think it was also the highest floor) of a building and landing on the left window out of two "main" windows. At first flying was difficult and the take off was with struggles. When I took off, I remember that all I thought was focus to get on that window and I pushed myself up like swimming. It was a struggle though, but at the same time I felt enormous joy. As I looked ahead I knew I needed to land on the left of two windows before me. As I neared I felt that enormous invisible force pushed me away from it to the right. I knew that if I give in to that force, I will land on other windows then those two. I flied up and at the same time fought that force pushing me from left. Time was running out for landing on the left window if I calculate the flight speed and distance to the windows and I barely managed to land on the right window. I felt like a looser though. Even though at that moment there was some satisfaction because I knew I have done something what most people didn't even try and I felt like a "kind of winner" even though a "second place" type of winner. I got in through the window and continued to "wander" on a different level, even though I kind of knew it is a question of time to "find myself into it" and get organized. Then I woke up.

This is what was and is happening in my life/the interpretation.
I am about to take part in a competition in two weeks. There are several rounds in it. At the end there are two people left who have to compete. The second place is also a very desirable place to be and has actually the same benefits as the first place, except the fact that you are not a winner. So as I prayed I knew that it is about the competition I will participate in. My past is like in that dream. The father figure is God. The camera/ binocular is the ability to dream and what I saw as I zoomed in was a symbol of my dream. As I went for my dream in real life I faced the hard reality of life and was "wandering around". I had only disappointment and I was brought off track several times. Right now the very idea of participation is a spiritual battle after all those years of disappointment.

So the question is: what can I pray here? Does it make sense to pray that I "land on the left window", meaning becoming the winner? Is God trying to tell me that it is already "decided" who will win?

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: flying in dream

Post by Avish on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:22 pm

i have read your dream and i believe i may have something that might help you, if it doesn't agree with your heart then ignore this post.

the first part where you talked about the camera

I believe the father figure was Jesus and he was trying to show you something that you desired. But what he wanted to show you wasnt what you expected.

It wasn't the trees or the hills, that was your desire and you where given to your desire. So your desire consumed you and you where lost.

then there is the flying part i believe both parts are linked:

i believe you where learning, like all Christians every season is a new learning phase. i believe this indicates your growth in Christ. and shows you that you have reached a new level. the reason you couldn't go to the left is probably because the path wasn't open yet or that's not where Christ wants you to go. i believe God is introducing you to a new learning session.

and as for a prayer as God to guide you through this new learning process to avoid the wrong steps and follow the path God has laid out.

Avish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Avish wrote:i have read your dream and i believe i may have something that might help you, if it doesn't agree with your heart then ignore this post.

the first part where you talked about the camera

I believe the father figure was Jesus and he was trying to show you something that you desired. But what he wanted to show you wasnt what you expected.

It wasn't the trees or the hills, that was your desire and you where given to your desire. So your desire consumed you and you where lost.

then there is the flying part i believe both parts are linked:

i believe you where learning, like all Christians every season is a new learning phase. i believe this indicates your growth in Christ. and shows you that you have reached a new level. the reason you couldn't go to the left is probably because the path wasn't open yet or that's not where Christ wants you to go. i believe God is introducing you to a new learning session.

and as for a prayer as God to guide you through this new learning process to avoid the wrong steps and follow the path God has laid out.

thank you for your reply, Avish!
It sits well in my heart. It's like a spiritual approach to the same thing. Believe me, this whole participation in that professional contest is already requiring me to grow spiritually otherwise I can't do it - I need God and I need to grow to trust him more etc. Whatever is coming, I think that your advice is good - gonna pray for God to guide me through it and at the same time do the best I can. Also I have the assurance that I will reach it and will still have achieved something. :)

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Well, anyways, I must update this thing here!

So I was at my competition I was writing above. And it turned out EXACTLY as I have written what I thought God was trying to tell me. Also the emotional part was there. I spent one week competing and I am stunned that God has been talking to me through a dream so directly and within 14 days. WOOOOOOW! :)

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:56 pm

God is so awesome! So glad you were given the interpretation! happy dance

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dd on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:06 am

yep! praise God!
the update is that I am still "wandering". On a different level though - professionally and practically. And as I "wander" trying to get a breakthrough, I must say that because of this particular dream, I know that it will not be forever. Because the dream was from God; he gave me that vision and then the rest followed. Logically, if he gives me a vision that is complete, I know sooner or later that I will get my breakthrough. I know if God starts something, then he also finishes.
So I thank God for that dream in July because it keeps me from falling into frustration and bitterness. :)

dd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top