do animals go to heaven?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

do animals go to heaven?

Post by daisychain on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:09 am

I'm a massive animal lover, I've always thought weather animals go to heaven or not? I've had many pets in my time, it would be a great comfort knowing they are with the lord and I'd get to see them again one day. scratching chin

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: do animals go to heaven?

Post by True Flight on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:19 am

When my mother was close to death she found herself on some steps in heaven petting her dog that had died recently.
But I don't believe there's any Biblical foundation for it.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Well in the millenium, (Isaiah 11)the wolf lives with the lamb, the leopard lies down with a goat, the calf and the young lion are together, there's a cow and a bear and a straw-eating lion,the cobra is tame....Jesus rides a white horse (Rev 19:11)when He comes back in all His glory--Jesus also knows every sparrow that falls (Luke 12:6 says "Not of them is forgotten by God") so obviously He cares for animals too and they're involved in the "happily ever after" somehow.

I know I had a very vivid dream when I was a little girl about my beloved puppy my dad accidentally ran over coming out of its grave and running toward me. I remember the GREAT joy I had and how this dream comforted me in my waking hours.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 am

I sometimes dream of my dogs that have died, in my dreams they are healthy and well again, maybe god is trying to tell me something I'm not sure, but its a nice thought knowing one day you'd get to see them again wave

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:02 pm

yea i love my lil pup.. i can only hope..

He did say we would get the desires of our heart if we delight in His ways...

thumbs

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 am

I used to argue with my grandmother about this subject all the time..she used to say animals have personalities, but not souls. Frankly I believe God can do anything! He loves us so very much that if He chooses to bless us by having our beloved pets waiting for us when we get home...then He can and will do it! That's my personal opinion...As far as biblical foundation..All I've ever found regarding it (other than the scripture above) is in Ecclesiastes 3:19 "For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even [in the end] one thing befalls them both. As the one dies, so dies the other. Yes, they all have one breath and spirit, so that a [a]man has no preeminence over a beast; for all is vanity (emptiness, falsity, and futility)!

20All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21Who knows the spirit of man, whether it goes upward, and the spirit of the beast, whether it goes downward to the earth?"

When I read this, it seems that humans have no spiritual advantage over animals and WHO KNOWS whether we go up, while they go nowhere...so I believe this is something we will just have to find out one day. One thing I have learned about the Lord and His blessings, is that He likes to surprise us :-)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top