waiting for Him to speak

View previous topic View next topic Go down

waiting for Him to speak

Post by tabitha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

i'm not even sure what exactly i'm needing to hear but the Lord knows ... a word or even a verse would be much appreciated!

tabitha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: waiting for Him to speak

Post by Cloud on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Hello

well, what concerns do you have?

I could probably think of something.

Cloud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm

1864 George Washington carver was born to a slave.
One day while in his lab he asked God.
"God, teach me about the universe"
God replied "That is too much, ask for less"
"God teach me about life" George asked.

George once again asked"God, teach me about the peanut plant"

I'm sure George was getting frustrated when he asked "God teach me about the peanut"
And once again
"God show me what I can do with the peanut"

And with that question George Washington Carver became the man credited with saving the south after the Civil War.

I'm not sure why this came to mind, but maybe it's because!

It's not what you need to hear from God right now, but it's what God needs to hear from you.

Just go to him with an open heart and ask about that peanut.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaMaZ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 am

Hello Tabitha a word of encouragement praise God for his wonderful mercy, Amen

(Job 5 v 8-9) “But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. (John 15 v 5-8) I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Be blessed abundantly and the Joy of the Lord fill you with his wonderful saving grace, Amen

happy dance Glory Be To God happy dance

MaMaZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tabitha on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 pm

thank you and praise be to God!

True Flight: i cried when i read that late last night! just this week i had been asking God if i was asking the wrong things ... and what i should ask for. amazing how He works! show me what to do with these talents and gifts you've given me is the one thing i haven't asked for but now i have begun to! and already today my sis in law called me to share a dream she had last night in hopes that i could help her interpret the meaning ... He is quick to give me opportunity to come and ask - show me what i can do!

MaMaZ: your verses have given me comfort concerning these same talents and gifts but from a different angle. i have been so concerned because i am fairly sure i know what God is calling me to do and it's a hard road. i will be mostly carrying my cross alone ... not even my husband can help bear the full weight. my main concern has not been for how people with turn on me if i'm wrong but that in the process i would shame my God by speaking my words in thinking they were His. i kept asking how i am to know whether it's Him or me and here i have it ... if it's from Him i will bear fruit and if it's me no fruit because i can do nothing apart from Him. now i just must do more than take baby steps in faith and instead get ready to go on a hike of faith!

i want to cry again - Our God is an Awesome God!
:glory:

tabitha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top