What's this supposed to mean: flying in a chair?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's this supposed to mean: flying in a chair?

Post by traveller on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi all, I had this dream and wonder about the flying chair thing..? Never heard of that. Thanks in advance for reading.

Dream:
I was on a chair (like a dining chair) and I was moving it like it was a vehicle. It took a while to work out how to get it to fly by moving my legs but after a while I was flying, literally.. It was pretty cool actually and I worked out I could even read whilst I sat on the flying chair, at one stage I was reading something whilst sitting sideways. I went through a city, and reached a big cross roads where it was quite busy. I steered the chair (by moving my body) and stopped the chair by putting my legs on the ground, onto the kerb, as I thought I saw some police on the other side of the road and all of a sudden I wasnít sure if I was supposed to be moving along the kerb, or on the road and if I was supposed to be wearing a helmet like when youíre on a bike? After I stopped, nothing happened and the police were all of a sudden gone, so I started up my chair again. I just had to move my legs to get it going and push the chair with it's 'legs' facing forward (so I'm leaning back into the back of the seat almost in horizontal position) until it was flying again. It took heaps less effort to get it back in the air then at the start of the dream.

Next scene: Iím in a smaller street but it feels like it is in the same city as the previous scene, just in a quieter street. Itís sunny and Iím sitting in front of what looks like a clothes shop. It has many types of clothes hanging outside, a bit like at a market stall. The clothes are all very colourful and look a bit hippy. One purple tunic hangs over a colourful patchwork skirt together with another colourful (nuon-colours) shirt. I looked at them and thought how mismatched it looked. Somehow I had been attracted to it at first but not anymore. I thought it looked like thrash/trashy (thatís the word I dreamed). Then the shop owner, a lady, came out and she said she was going to close shop early today as it was Sunday. She asked if we wanted to get something, we had to be quick. Somehow there was another girl near the shop. This girl did go in and came back a short time later with nice blue coloured shoes that had an intricate open-pattern in the leather. The girl was happy with her shoes, they looked a bit loose/big on her but they still fitted. After seeing that I contemplated getting a coffee, but the coffee shop next door was shut and further down the road everything looked quiet too. I thought it wouldnít be the safest of streets after this place would close for the day. However, coffee in the clothes shop was an option, even though it was only going to be instant coffee. I went inside and all of a sudden had a paper cup in my hand and I seemed to be on my way to find stuff to make myself a coffee. The shop lights had been turned off in the shop/still some daylight but not much: it actually didnít look like a clothes shop at all on the inside, more a cafe/coffee shop. The lady/owner was in the process of leaving so I felt there was no time for coffee (and I wasnít really keen on the instant coffee anyway). I chucked my paper cups (I had two I noticed) one was half full of raw sugar and the other one was supposed to have been for the instant coffee powder. Then as the lady/owner left, the other girl had taken a seat at one of the cafe tables and was making herself a toasted ham/cheese sandwich. I felt hungry and wished Iíd gotten one too but earlier Iíd said no when asked? In the dream I wondered how she could still be there if the owner was gone, but somehow the girl could just pull the door shut behind her when sheíd leave and the door would be locked behind her still.

Last edited by traveller on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add word)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's this supposed to mean: flying in a chair?

Post by traveller on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:09 pm

I wonder if this speaks about the new season in my life I'm about to step into..
I went through a city, and reached a big cross roads where it was quite busy.
Everything in our/my life is changing at the moment, including country, home, study/job, church, etc.. I feel at a very busy crossroads right now.

The clothes shop in this dream turning into a shop where you can eat..I wonder if that's speaking about a potential new church/job I might be checking out? I've dreamt many dreams last year about trying out clothes, I wonder if this is a follow-up from that..
There seems to be a lot of uncertainty in everything in this dream..which might represent my current feelings about all this?

I'm welcoming more/additional thoughts if they come.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top