enough is enough

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enough is enough

Post by daisychain on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:31 am

hello everyone. How do we know when to stop praying for something? if it isn't gods will for us to have it how do we know when to stop praying for it? we could be praying forever and not get what we prayed for.

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: enough is enough

Post by mjtorrence on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

yet we still have to stand in faith believing that what we prayed for is ours

mjtorrence

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ditte3 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Daisychain
Peace be with you.
When you pray,thank God that He gave you what you asked for.When we thank Him and praise Him,we confirm what we believe is real.

"Now faith id the substance of things hoped for,the evidence of things not seen."(Hebrews 11,1.)

God bless you.
flower

ditte3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 pm

You release it when you have peace in your heart regarding it. After praying, there should always be a rest in your heart concerning it. When you are praying and then trying to work it out in your own strength...or trying to figure it out in your mind...you are NOT resting.

Pray, thank him for it and let it go. Most of my answered prayers come when I've left it alone.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:05 pm

By the way...make sure that what you are praying for is in line with God's Word for you. I usually get scripture to back up what I'm praying for. The Word is POWER!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:21 am

thanks everyone for replying. Its just sometimes i get frustrated when i pray and nothing happens, sometimes i get angry with god that he doesn't answer my prayers, i know i shouldn't and i always say sorry to him after my outburst i\\'m sorry

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:57 am

hi cloud, you pmed me but i cant seem to relpy, its saying i havent sent enough posts :imconfused:

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:48 am

You can pm when you have 50 posts...I think. Once you reach 50 then you should be able to respond to Cloud.

As far as getting upset...it's okay to express your feelings to the Lord, whether they are anger or whatever. Remember, God knows our heart, even when we DON'T express it.

Could it be that you are asking for something that you aren't ready for? That too, can be a reason for unanswered prayer. It could also be that God may have something better for you. I remember praying to purchase this townhouse years ago. I went through the whole process of escrow and I was three days away from getting the keys to my first home. All of a sudden, the sellers backed out and decided they didn't want to go through with the sell. I was devastated and yelled out to God, feeling like he strung me a long to only disappoint me.

A couple of years later, I purchased the most beautiful home ever! It was way more than that home, which in reality, within 5 years I would have lost because I lost my job and didn't find another one until three years later. God knew that...even when I didn't. We have to trust God that he gives us things that are good for us...he sees what's down the line.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm

~Daisy Chain,

I completly agree with Cholette. One other note. When we pray the Lord receives the pray and does answer the prayer. The thing to think about here is did we recognize the answer? Did we pray according to his will for our lives or did we pray about our desires and our wants? This is not to imply that you did that....this is food for thought for prayer overall. I have been with the Lord for a while now and the one thing I never do is ask the Lord for something for me. Let me tell you why. I believe the Father knows what I need before I ask....therefore I thank him in advance for those things that are concern to me and thank him for all he has done in my life, even my breath I take each morning, being able to walk, talk, have my mental faculties, etc. The Lord says to come to his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. First we must be grateful for EVERY gift the Father gives us, then we praise him for it. Thanking him in advance is recognizing to him that we are applying faith to believe in things not seen but hoped for. I think today in our world, we tend to put our needs before the Fathers plan, will and desire for our lives. Our gratefulness and our praise are like a sweet fragrance before the Lord. My life changed dramatically when I became grateful. I pray this is of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 am

thanks again to everyone for your help and advice its much appreciated. one of my prayers are to have more patience when my children, i have 2 boys aged 5 and 7, I'm a single mom with hardly any support off my family, i get really stressed and anxious alot of the time and find it hard to cope on my own, i feel this is stopping me from enjoying my children, all i seem to do is shout at them. if god could just give me the patience to deal with them I'd be a lot better. ive being praying for about 12 months now.

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:06 am

~Awe my dear Daisychain.

Never pray to have patience to deal with them but the grace to deal with them. When we pray we need to learn the right thing to pray. Praying for patience may not be the right thing to pray for here. Pray blessings over each of your children and pray for understanding concerning them and the ability to show grace where grace is needed and discipline where it is needed. Pray the Lord lays on their hearts a desire to be obedient to him and you. If we pray for patience the Lord may give us situations to become patient. Do you see what I mean? You want peace, grace, understanding and a discerning heart. Or at least to me that what it sounds like.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:21 am

thank you dove. I understand where you're coming from, i feel a lot better now you've put it like that, maybe there is hope for me after all! woo hoo thank you, i will get praying praying

daisychain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:23 am

Always there is hope because we believe in our King Jesus Christ. He is our hope and we stand on his promises everyday!

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:06 am

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum