Abusive situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Abusive situation

Post by Macleod on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm in a woman's living room with my linen basket under my arm. I think I'm tidying up or checking things are tidy but I know I'm in charge of cleaning her curtains. I go over to a window, look at the curtain which is light cream in colour and allows the light in, it's closed and looks like it's been recently washed. I notice they're only hanging from one 2 prong curtain pin on the far left and one on the far right, the 3 in the middle are missing. It's ok, I'll put these in when I come back.
As I leave the living room I go into the hallway, next to the master bedroom is another bedroom but it's different to the rest of her house. I wonder who lives in here. There's a mattress/blow-up bed on the floor with torn sheets. It's an awful, cold, bare room. I step back and look into the master bedroom, it's slightly darker in here. The mattress in now on the floor at the foot of the master bed. The woman who lives here is laying on this mattress and leans over to pull a thin, scratchy looking blanket up over to cover her.
Her husband comes in through the back door in the kitchen. I know I'm not supposed to have seen what I've seen so act polite and greet him. I sense that he's a devious man. I leave through the front door and trying to act normal, I remind him to lock it behind me (?), however as I step out, I lock it from the outside myself? At the same time, I see him, now shirtless, masculine torso, hairy, walk into the bedroom and starts yelling at his wife laying there on the bed on the floor. I feel sick, scared, but my suspicions are confirmed. I walk away under this huge area outside the front door which is undercover? As though it's under a bridge? I want to help but know I need to walk away right now before he comes to the door to check, as I do, I'm wondering what to do about this? Who do I go to?
I wake up....look at my watch, it's only 4:30am so start praying for this woman.

I've been reflecting on this today, but wouldn't mind some thoughts on this?

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Abusive situation

Post by Macleod on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:19 pm

A bit personal but....Is this dream about me? The woman on the mattress is she me? That man (stranger IRL), is that who/what's been holding her/me captive?

At the beginning of the year my minister sent an email to help me (this was after telling me that I'm still holding onto something and it's affecting my walk with God), it was a little story, at the end of the story it read "how much longer are you going to let satan hold you prisoner"

In March this year, in a dream I heard "do you want to get well, then pick up your mat and walk" I also dreamt of being in an open top vehicle, my brother was driving, he drove it over a cliff. I was sitting in the back and wondered why he did that, but then said "I know you will never do anything to hurt me" and as I said that, the vehicle lifted up like a feather and floated down to the ground. After this I drew so much closer to God, but recently, my mind has become foggy.

Is this recent dream God telling me I've still not let go. Is locking the door me still shutting out past hurts/emotions/sins. Am I still allowing these to hold me captive? As I leave the house, I'm undercover (protected??) I look who to go to and wake up and immediately pray to our father for that woman on the mattress?

Light on this would be so very much appreciated.

With love.

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 pm

A definite call to interceed. I am wondering though. What is going on in your own life? Have you been having people or a person abuse you in some way. Remember abuse comes in many forms. Is there a situation that you have had in your life that you are still hindered by. By that I mean do you get upset when you think about it? If so you are hindered or bound. This could very well be for you. God has asked me many times to interceed for myself. Please pray on what I have said and toss what does not fit. This is just my thoughts and not an interpreation. I pray it has been of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:01 am

Yes there is a hindrance and I DO NOT know HOW to let it go. I keep praying for emotional healing and think back to my dream "do you want to get well, then pick up your mat and walk" but He can't heal me because I don't have the faith that He will because deep down I believe I deserve this pain. Maybe that's my real hindrance right there, believing that lie.

I want Jesus to walk into that house and pick that woman up from her bed on the floor and just hold her and tell her that He loves her and that He forgives her.

Thank you Connie.
God Bless You!

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:19 am

~Macleod,

Jesus does love her and holds her to himself always. Never leaving her or forsaking her. It is us who leave him. We let our circumstance interfere with our walk with him by believing our situation instead of the promise. Also the key note here for you is have you forgiven yourself of the the things you have asked the Lord to forgive you from? If we do not forgive others and ourselves then the Father will not forgive us. Take the problem before the Lord and imagine that you are sitting at his feet. Then say to him Lord I give all of this to you, the situation, the resolve, the feelings, the shame, the pain and lay it at your feet. I am not going to pick this up any more because I know that I know that you will take care of it for me. Trust him to do that and you will be amazed at what you find. There have been many times I have laid it at his feet and he has taken it from me. It is so liberating. Just some additonal food for thought. Hope it helps.

love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 am

Yes it does help, thank you!!! Your words echo those of my Rev. yesterday!

Thank you for your beautiful heart Connie. God Bless You!

Rochelle
xx

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stef on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Wow! Can I ask if the curtains were on a bay window, about 5 windows total and if the "bridge" outside resembled a hotel entrance driveway, where you can park an unload before entering the house? And did the husband's complexion was like a Latino ? I just recognized so many things in your dream that are happening with a friend of mine that's in an abusive( verbally only) relationship!

Stef

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm in a woman's living room with my linen basket under my arm. I think I'm tidying up or checking things are tidy but I know I'm in charge of cleaning her curtains. I go over to a window, look at the curtain which is light cream in colour and allows the light in, it's closed and looks like it's been recently washed. I notice they're only hanging from one 2 prong curtain pin on the far left and one on the far right, the 3 in the middle are missing. It's ok, I'll put these in when I come back.

Today is the first day I've read this and I'm washing my three cream-colored curtains today--hmmm

There's a mattress/blow-up bed on the floor
I had a mattress like this in my master bedroom until just today--my husband had it out because he's going camping.

I even have a door off my kitchen like you describe and outside is a portico that covers the entrance.

The woman who lives here is laying on this mattress and leans over to pull a thin, scratchy looking blanket up over to cover her.
Just today I was sleeping on a mattress pad on the mattress in that room because I was washing the sheets. The only blanket nearby didn't keep me warm enough and I only slept about 15 minutes.

Do you see why I'm kinda what ? I'm going to have to ponder this and see if your dream could be for me.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macleod on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 am

Hi Stef,
The window was narrow (maybe 100cm) and only saw one in the livingroom.
The undercover area resembled that of an undercover car park BUT saw no cars. There were two entrances to it (or one entrance and one exit?) One was to the left of the house and one to the right. Adjacent to the house was an L shaped brick wall - the area from the door of the house to the walls was undercover.
I have no idea about the man other than he's devious but also maybe has that bad guy feel to him that woman find themselves attracted to.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Verbal abuse can have long term harming effects, I pray she know the presence of God.

Hi Deborah,
My word, so many similarities!!! Would love to hear if you feel this dream is for you.

At first I wondered if the dream related to me because of how my minister, pastoral assistant and Jesus had been asking me to let go of what I had been holding onto and was being held captive by. WELL, last night we were absolutely blessed with the presence of God ministering to many broken hearts during our time of worship AND my burden was lifted! I'm still in a state of shock really, it's gone and replaced by the feeling of total freedom. I pray I never pick it up again!! I literally feel lighter and just lift the name of Jesus up and praise our heavenly God for His Love and His Grace. Amen

Blessings
X

Macleod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top