The bridegroom was missing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The bridegroom was missing

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:45 am

Background: I am currently looking for a new church home...also, before I met my husband, I had a friend named "D" that reminds me a lot of my husband now..only he was not a believer but we were very best friends and at one time i thought I had feelings for him, but the Lord had better plans for me. Thank you Jesus!

I just woke up from this dream, so if there are too many details, I'm sorry. It still feels so real to me.

I was dreaming My husband and I had found a church to attend. He went into the service with our children and I had our 18 month old in my arms because he could not sit still for the service. I had to step outside and when I did, I discovered another church connected to the one we were at. It's service started in a few minutes AND it had a place where someone would watch our baby. Several times I tried attending service but I kept getting distracted..all the while I was serving and helping others. I was so upset because I needed church desperately. I had to leave once again and outside i saw my husband...now this part gets tricky...My husband had met "D" in service and had him and his mother trailing behind him. My husband was so happy to see me and we embraced. When I looked over his sholder at "D" I knew the devil was up to something...I knew I would overcome whatever it was...but I just knew something was up.

So I asked him what the pastor said at the service...he got distracted and wouldn't tell me. (UGH) We were suddenly in a bathroom..I looked in the mirror and saw how beautiful I looked and how happy I was and how the Lord had blessed me so. i wanted to give more to him though...I needed to get back to the church service...however my husband was out and I knew he would want to go home.

Suddenly things started changing...I had to step out for a second and when I came back to look for my husband he was gone! i looked everywhere for him and I was naked and desperate to find him! I tried to hide my nakedness but I eventually stopped caring in my desperation to find him. Someone threw a piece of clothing at me and I knew they were there to guide me (angel) they told me I wasn't supposed to be here..I was supposed to be gone or be somewhere else..just not here at this time. I knew if I tried to fix things where I was, it would mess everything up. I knew my husband would come back and he would have to find me ready for him in some way shape or form. My first goal was to get clothes on...I only had that one thing the guide had thrown me. I searched for more..Suddenly I came upon "D"'s room. My utmost desire was to be ready for my husband. I knew that he knew "D" so I explained to him that I was looking for my husband. I found some clothes and put them on but I knew I couldn't stay with "D" long because the enemy was going to try and mess things up. As I was there..I talked about my husband non-stop. I told him how he was coming back for me but I needed help to be ready for him. "D" told me he understood..I saw him look into my eyes like he loved me. I looked away...he poured me some wine. Even after I had had a few glasses of wine my only desperation was to be ready for my husband. I stressed this to "D" the entire time we were waiting. I got ready. I cut my hair short (Huh?) and put a veil over my face. I had on nice clothing hoping he would like this style. I saved the best bottle of wine for him and put it on a silver platter. Suddenly "D" gave me that look again and tried to kiss me. I broke away from his gaze and hung my head to reject him..at that exact moment a loud "BANG" sounded and we both knew that was the signal that my husband was back. "D" lifted me up on a silver platter so I was standing on his head on top of this platter. Then I was all dressed up with this wedding veil on with the best bottle of wine in my little silver platter. We went to where we knew he said he would be when he came back...to a dining table on the top floor. When we arrived there I was aghast! It wasn't my husband there waiting for me but my old pastor. (Who IRL cheated on his wife) He had tried wooing me earlier but I rejected him because he had a wife and two children. He had been tempting me with all sorts of pricly and costly things. I only loved my husband and was trying to get back to him. I saw his wife and two little girls at the table and tried to smooth things over by offering the man some wine. His two girls giggled like I was some stupid servant. I knew they thought I was trash. The wife told the girls the wine was really for myself. She told her husband to pour it for me. The man started hurling judgement and insults at me. Things he said were lies. Then "D" who had been hoping for a relationship with me stood up in disgust at the older mans words. He said 'You hath KNOWN him?!?!?!" Then he pointed his finger at me (at this point he was no longer "D" but some kind of Captain and his teeth were strange in his anger...I thought he looked a bit demonic at first) Then he said "You are out of control!" meaning that I was out of control because I had slept with so many men before my Lord came back. the old man in the back ground was still hurling insults at me...the Captain/"D" was yelling at me and hurt. I just sat there and listened and wondered where my Jesus was (at this point I understood that Jesus was the husband I had been waiting for) I knew that all the things they were telling me were things in my past that Jesus had died to forgive. I knew that I needed His grace. The dream ended with me still waiting for him and trying not to allow these condemnations to get a hold of me.

This entire dream I had served the Lord the best i could with all the distractions I had. I gave him my all and my everything..which is how I feel now. I have soooooooo many distractions..and yet this feeling of condemnation because we have yet to find a church home. I've been watching church on TV and when I do get to watch, it's always a Word in season. I also have two children with autism (believing the Lord will heal them) that prevents me from being inside the sanctuary while we are at church because of their outbursts. i do live with guilt every day about not attending church. What could the Lord be saying to me in this dream?
Thank you brothers and sisters!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The bridegroom was missing

Post by Deborah on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:10 pm

When I read just the title of your post, "The Bridegroom was missing," my first thought (before I read your post) was if the bridegroom is missing, you're probably at the wrong church! lol! I think your dream is a mirror of what's going on in your life--you're looking for a church, you're feeling vulnerable, you want to please the Lord, other churches are trying to lure you in but you only want to be where the Lord wants you, and the situation with your children makes it hard for you to sit in a sanctuary even if you found a church.

I think the key to this whole dream is in your last sentence:
"The dream ended with me still waiting for him and trying not to allow these condemnations to get a hold of me."
I think that's what you need to do--just wait on the Lord and don't let condemnation get a hold of you.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 pm

What a refreshing reply of confirmation! Thank you Deborah! I can't tell you how that helps me! Its all true!!!! AMEN!!! huggins

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:02 pm

This verse helped me a lot: Song of Solomon 5: 1I HAVE come into my garden, my sister, my [promised] bride; I have gathered my myrrh with my balsam and spice [from your sweet words I have gathered the richest perfumes and spices]. I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk. Eat, O friends [feast on, O revelers of the palace; you can never make my lover disloyal to me]! Drink, yes, drink abundantly of love, O precious one [for now I know you are mine, irrevocably mine! With his confident words still thrilling her heart, through the lattice she saw her shepherd turn away and disappear into the night].(A)

When I read it, it felt like the Lord was saying "No matter how much you are tested, I know you are loyal to me." crying

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:48 pm

woo hoo :praiseg-d: :bible: Amen

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Deborah wrote: woo hoo :praiseg-d: :bible: Amen
lol Amen!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 pm

I have a feeling that you already have the interpretation from your heart Laura!

I believe that this is more than finding a right church! but also PRESSING ON TO A HIGHER MAN ( jesus Christ)

The previous emotional feelings concerning "D" and him being in the dream with your husband is God showing you how other men can be limited only ONE MAN you can build on, the man whose foundation is SOLID and SURE.So "D" being here is picturial. All situations & people must DECREASE as JESUS INCREASES. Your heart is really longing for God's work and being available for him. You hold a spiritual key for your family-key to unlock the miraculous. There is now no condemnation, no accusation so do not allow the enemy to whisper your past. The part where you are Naked speak of past shortcomings, of course it is healed. I have come to realize that each one of us is naked in some way or another, nakedness that God wants to cloth,we cloth nakedness with his presence. God is so faithful.
There are just so many gifts in you that need to flow out of you, there is a agreat peace coming your way when you will find a right place to worship your KING and as you dwell in him, no situation shall take you away from this secret place of almighty. what an encouraging dream!

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Thank you Peter! Everything you said sits right in my Spirit. Thank you for your encouraging words! They have ministered to me!
God bless!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top