A voice calling nathan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A voice calling nathan

Post by Burger on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:27 pm

It happened 3 weeks ago. In my sleep, I heard a voice called "Nathan" 3x then I woke up. I wasn't sure if that voice was mine or someone else's. I don't know anyone named Nathan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A voice calling nathan

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:46 am

I took this from the internet. It decribes Nathan the prophet and who he served.

Nathan, in Hebrew meaning God has given, was a prophet of God who served King David and his son and successor King Solomon. He was a wise and steadfast servant of God, and of the Israelite monarchy, who was often consulted by the kings. He was also fearless; it was Nathan who rebuked David after the incident with Bathsheba, and it was Nathan who intervened during the attempted palace coup by Adonijah.

"A House For My Name"

It was through Nathan that The Lord decreed to David to make the preparations for the building of the original Temple (see Temples) in Jerusalem:

"But that same night the word of The Lord came to Nathan, "Go and tell My servant David, 'Thus says The Lord: Would you build Me a house to dwell in? I have not dwelt in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent for My dwelling. In all places where I have moved with all the people of Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd My people Israel, saying, "Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?"' ... When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come forth from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever." (2 Samuel 7:4-7,12-13 RSV)

These are just my thoughts. I hope they help for discernement.

Love in Jesus,

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top