Invitation to get shot at and live through it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Invitation to get shot at and live through it

Post by Glad on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi everyone
Here my dream, very intense feelings of God's presence (in the dream):
I step out my front door unto a porch and find all these people sitting in my front yard with their faces turned towards me. On my right two young men stand on my porch, I have a word of knowledge for each of them and continue on by letting one of them know that even though he is mean to my son, I will choose to show love to him because I follow Christ.
I now turn to the crowd and speak about Jesus. For some reason I feel like I need to put the challenge out that if someone in this crowd wasn't sure that Christ was real they could start shooting at me and watch me live.
To my surprise 8-10 women stand up and I watch them point their guns at me. A woman with a riffle is very close to me. She asks me if the bullets will enter into my body. It dawns on me that even though I will stay alive, some pain might be involved. I tell the people that yes, bullets might enter, but I was going to stay alive. I tell them that even though I am certain about the outcome, I can not tell God HOW he will have to do it.
I wake up.

Any thoughts? Thank you
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Invitation to get shot at and live through it

Post by Lori Lane on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:09 pm

I am not sure what the enterpatation is. But somthing did hit me. You seem to have a strong faith. Faith is your shield, you have faith in the love of God even when your son is being attacked with meanness. I sense that you are saying pick on me, not my son. Also you have fatih that God will protect you for exampl in what the bible calls the firey darts of the enemy come. Although you know there is going to be some emotional pain, you will live through it. You know God is in total control of the outcome of your life. You have BIG Faith brother and it is your shiled.. Please pray as I don't this is all, more in the forum will have it.. Love in Jesus, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afterhisheart on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 pm

My first thoughts were that there are those around you that are not believers but are curious about your faith and are watching to see how you respond to real life because they want to see if your God and your faith is for real or not.

Be encouraged because you have influence in a circle of unbelievers whether you realize it or not. They are watching you and realizing there is something different about you. Stand and be righteous in all of your actions. How exciting that you have opportunity to be a witness to those around you just by your example.

Blessings...

afterhisheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 pm

yeah i asgree wiv afthht,um the rifle has high accuracy caperbillities in the rite hands,and can do alot of damage,like words/curses spoken,i would be prayin the full armour on a regular basis,do you hav an evangelistac gift/calling on your life? :clap: thumbs glad to hav u here :roflx: D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:02 am

Hi everyone
Thank you for all your input. I appreciate all that was said, some comments helped spinning me off into a different direction, but it was all very helpful.

I don't have an evangelistic call on my life (not that I know of) but I do spend much time praying with people - deliverance, inner healing which incl. words of knowledge, prophecy, discernment of spirits ... but it help me think about what I was going to do that day and I had a (prayer) meeting with a young woman that needed to see that Jesus was real. That is probably the area where my faith does come in, I fully expect the person coming for prayer to meet with Jesus.
Just by life circumstances, I don't know too many unbelievers, but in a sense, we all have areas of unbelief in us (issues of hurt where we have come to the wrong conclusion and because of that often end up having trouble embracing and trusting Jesus fully).
The other thing that stood out was that only women were trying to shoot at me - I minister mostly to women.

I was up praying for this meeting and since it was very early in the morning, fell back asleep and had this dream. I believe God was reassuring me for the ministry time that was ahead of me. I believe that she was the one with the riffle, there is history involved with this lady that was not helpful for any of us, especifically not for my son.
In a sense I was doubting that this person was really serious and maybe that would be the place where I get "pain" or discomfort - but in the end, God is in control.

And yes, my life is a testimony that God protects me from the fiery darts of the enemy! He is good and faithful. He is my defender and my shield. And yes, we go through emotional pain and he is still in total control of the outcome.
Thank you
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top