Please help intepret this dream for me. I can't help but think it's important.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help intepret this dream for me. I can't help but think it's important.

Post by Chenell on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:58 pm

A little background before I tell you about this dream. The priest I see in this dream is one I know personally. He is a nice enough guy but stopped me from converting to Catholicism in his community by making me go through some talks and then I missed the start of the classes and wouldn't let me join in the middle. He "tricked" me into joining his Neocatechumenal community (which is controversial in the Catholic church) that I have not been back to since starting the RCIA (conversion) classes in another parish. I have not seen eye to eye on it with my husband who had forbade me to go and now says it is OK if I go to say goodbye. The Priest is a nice enough guy but I don't always see eye to eye with his views since he is from Europe. I have since joined the Catholic Church in another parish and they let me start classes half way through and the priest has views that are much more acceptable to me. I am at a crossroads in my life. My relationship with my husband is stressed and may end in the next month if things do not change for the better. I have had issues with sexual temptation in the past before joining the Catholic church and before I was a believer. I looked into the significance of St. Thomas More and he was killed (martyred) on my birth day in 1535 and also coined the term 'Utopia.' I had this dream over the weekend and I wrote it down several days later and it was still vivid as the morning I woke up from it. This dream was in color and I usually dream in black and white. I really think God is trying to tell me something here and I can't get the dream out of my mind. I know chocolate can be sexual temptation or sensuality. Please help! I have turned to friends and even my husband but my husband isn't exactly unbiased and made it seem like I should not return to the community that Fr. Felix is from.

The dream:

I was in church with a priest I know but haven't seen in a long time presiding over the service. For some reason I think it was St. Thomas More Church which is not his church but is a real church in town that I've never been to or seen. The church had windows or a whole wall that opened to the outside and it was open. There was a beautiful view of nature/open space. The sun was setting. I think there may have been a deer or other wildlife outside. The seating was stadium-like and the people there attending the service were mostly children. It started out light but got darker as the service continued. It wasn't a normal service but seemed more like a circus or concert. There were inflatable characters dangling from the ceiling and it seemed at times the priest was attached to wires to fly around the room. He started out in the usual robes but then ended up in jeans and the typical black shirt with white collar. I was taking photos with my cell phone to prove to my husband what was going on... because I didn't believe it myself and I knew he wouldn't (I have lied a lot in the past and he has a hard time believing me as it is). When my phone ran out of space I got the regular camera and took a photo that way. The priest saw me and scolded me and kicked me out of the service.

I came back to a later service with my husband and we were seated on the steps to the alter and had to move out of the way at one point but then returned. The priest was giving out the communion wafers but instead of them being the regular plain wheat kind they were chocolate chip cookies. He turned to me and rolled out some cookie dough and used a cookie cutter that was the word 'bread.' He then balled up the uncooked dough that was the word bread and gave it to me. He said "Blood of Christ" and I said "Amen" and took a bite out of it but then said "No, wait a second, that's wrong." (The wafers are usually the body and the wine is the blood.) It was like he was trying to catch me in the act of lying or being wrong about something. I felt ashamed at that point.

I don't remember much else and woke up shortly after that.

There are a ton of symbols in this dream but I am having a hard time putting it all together. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

God bless!

Chenell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help intepret this dream for me. I can't help but think it's important.

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:16 am

I believe this is about someone in leadership who does things differently leaving you feeling like it's not right. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the symbols because that can lead you away from the true meaning behind the dream. In the end you were in a place that didn't feel right to you...and made you feel as if you were being tricked. I feel like this dream was a result of things that have already happened. Continue praying about the situation and the Lord will give you full understanding (even to the symbols)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help intepret this dream for me. I can't help but think it's important.

Post by Chenell on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:29 am

Thank you Daph. I have since had several other dreams. One was quite literally me packing up and leaving my husband. It has been an emotionally and verbally and sometimes physically abusive situation. I have tried to stick around and fix things for probably longer than I should.

The other dream I had just the other night I swear had Jesus in it. It was a man who was nothing special to look at who gave me the greatest feeling of love, comfort and that everything is going to be OK. He told me his name was Justice.

I will continue in prayer. Thank you.

Chenell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:36 am

LOOOOOOVEEE that last dream!!!!! NOTHING BETTER THAN THAT!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top