REPOST Encouraging an old aquaintance that has slipped away from the Lord....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

REPOST Encouraging an old aquaintance that has slipped away from the Lord....

Post by Daisy on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:47 pm

IRL I used to play softball with this girl from our church. She was raised in the church her whole life. She has slipped away from the church, and from the Lord. She is really living VERY immorally...but I know in her core she believes and is a good hearted person. Our church is spirit filled, and her mom is a VERY key leader in our church...of which has helped me a great deal in my spiritual and natural walk with the Lord.

I had a dream that the girl just got done going to school to be a social worker, she was finally finished with school and was anxious about finding a job. She said that she didn't go to a fancy university, and it was just a small college that she got her degree from. She said that she was worried because the 400 other people that were up for the job were graduates of Big Universities. I told her in the dream, "Thats doesn't matter, because you have the favor of the Lord on your side!" She kinda looked at me like, dont you know what kind of lifestyle I have been living? But I already knew, and still was bold and confident that she still had God's favor on her side! That His love and grace were stronger than her sin. She was waiting for me to judge her, and I didn't. Obviously, she is judging herself enough.Even though I didn't come out and say anything but Gods favor being on her side. I feel in the dream my actions of knowing of her and her choices, and not acting better than her...or even rejecting her were speaking louder than words. I also felt that when God blessed her with the job that she would know even more how much Jesus still loves her.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REPOST Encouraging an old aquaintance that has slipped away from the Lord....

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:15 pm

OH AMEN!!! woo hoo This just shows that your heart is in the right place and your doing your part by encouraging and edifying her! AMEN!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REPOST Encouraging an old aquaintance that has slipped away from the Lord....

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 pm

You know a lot may argue about this because the bible says to rebuke those who are living sinful lifestyles...but she KNOWS shes doing wrong...that's the difference. And I like how you said she's already judging herself enough. I am prayerful that she will come around and get so sick of the lifestyle and run to Jesus and never look back!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

I felt in the dream that she was going to get such an AWESOME job, and I just KNEW that the goodness of God was going to lead her to repentance!!!!! I do not run into this girl that often, but I will be interceding for her! =)

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I did wonder if someone was going to try and challenge my thinking in this area by posting this. Believe me, Im against sin...but in this instance I felt I was led by the Lord to just not condemn her...and to, by my actions, remind her of His love and presence that has never left her.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:25 am

~Daisy,

Love conquers all. If we treat people as though they are less than us a sinner what good does it accomplish. We are sinners too. We are to come alongside and show them through love and support that they need to trust God in all things and trust the Lord to do the work in them, then we have accomplished our mission. We are not to tell them what aweful people they are and how they need to repent.....why, because it drives them further away from God instead of drawing them to God. Jesus never judged....he loved them and showed his mercy. That is one big reason that people were so drawn to him. Are we not to be Christ like....yes! You did exactly what the Lord would have done. Awesome dream. Interceede for your friend.....I believe this is why you had the dream.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 am

Thanks Connie and Daph!!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Your welcome! Anytime.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Daisy wrote:I did wonder if someone was going to try and challenge my thinking in this area by posting this. Believe me, Im against sin...but in this instance I felt I was led by the Lord to just not condemn her...and to, by my actions, remind her of His love and presence that has never left her.

I so agree with you!! You said in your other post the very scripture I have engraved on my heart...

And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God...(Romans 2:3-5)

Be led of the Lord in this situation...

God bless you!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks Cholette!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top