Brasin Alter Filled With Oil

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brasin Alter Filled With Oil

Post by heartofGod on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm

That is it - I dream that I was in the temple and the brasin alter was filled with oil.

heartofGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brasin Alter Filled With Oil

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:12 pm

~Heart of God,

The brazen altar, bronze altar, or altar of sacrifice was situated right inside the courtyard upon entering the gate to the tabernacle. The Hebrew root for altar means “to slay” or “slaughter.” The Latin word alta means “high.” An altar is a “high place for sacrifice/slaughter.” The altar stood raised on a mound of earth, higher than its surrounding furniture. This is a projection of Christ, our sacrifice, lifted up on the cross, His altar, which stood on a hill called Golgotha.

The altar was made of wood from the acacia tree and overlaid with bronze (usually symbolic of judgment on sin in the Bible), measuring 7.5 feet on all four sides and 4.5 feet deep. Four horns projected from the top four corners and a bronze grating was inside to hold the animal.

The altar was the place for burning animal sacrifices. It showed the Israelites that the first step for sinful man to approach a holy God was to be cleansed by the blood of an innocent creature. For a sin offering, a person had to bring an animal — a male one without blemish or defect from the flock or herd — to the priest at the tabernacle gate.

Oil is a widely understood symbol of the Holy Spirit and thus does not require a detailed explanation, but one scripture will suffice to link the Holy Spirit and oil directly:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed. . . . (Luke 4:18)

"The Spirit of the Lord" and the oil of anointing are directly linked. The oil of anointing stands as a physical representation of Jesus being given the Spirit to perform these functions for God in His service to man.

Acts 10:38 reveals another aspect of this symbolism: ". . . how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." Again, reference is made to anointing—an act normally done with oil—with the Holy Spirit, and Peter adds "with power," a characteristic not included in Luke 4:18.

I pray this helps for discernment. I got this off the net because I felt it did a good job describing the symbolic meaning of each.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartofGod on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 am

Thanks Connie

heartofGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartofGod on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:45 am

It wasn't an alter (sorry) it was bronze basin that was in the tabernacle (in my dream) and this bronze basin was filled with oil. Not sure what place this has in the temple.

Thanks Connie for your reply!

:hooray:

heartofGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:53 am

~Heart of God,

The Laver was a large bronze basin containing water. It was placed in the Outer Court between the Tabernacle and the Altar. The Bible only tells us that it was made of bronze and standing on a pedestal or foot.

Before entering the Tabernacle or offering sacrifices, the priests must wash their hands and feet at the Laver; otherwise they would die. The washing of hands and feet at the Laver represents sanctification. Those who want to enter the Tabernacle to serve the Lord must first cleanse their way from evil doings (Hebrews 12:14). "How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word." (Psalm 119:9)

Hope this helps,

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartofGod on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:07 am

Yes it does - the question I now have is why was it filled with oil instead of water?

heartofGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

Could it be Holy Spirit baptism? Or a cleansing from the Holy Spirit? So exciting!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartofGod on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 am

hmm - i'm holyghost filled so I'm not sure. Cleansing from the Holy Spirit...that is something to ponder.

Thank you! woo hoo

heartofGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:43 pm

I felt this verse on my heart and thought I should share...its where Jesus washes the diciples feet...

John 13 (Amplified Bible)

1[NOW] BEFORE the Passover Feast began, Jesus knew (was fully aware) that the time had come for Him to leave this world and return to the Father. And as He had loved those who were His own in the world, He loved them to the last and [a]to the highest degree.

2So [it was] during supper, Satan having already put the thought of betraying Jesus in the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son,

3[That] Jesus, knowing (fully aware) that the Father had put everything into His hands, and that He had come from God and was [now] returning to God,

4Got up from supper, took off His garments, and taking a [servant's] towel, He fastened it around His waist.

5Then He poured water into the washbasin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the [servant's] towel with which He was girded.

6When He came to Simon Peter, [Peter] said to Him, Lord, are my feet to be washed by You? [Is it for You to wash my feet?]

7Jesus said to him, You do not understand now what I am doing, but you will understand later on.

8Peter said to Him, You shall never wash my feet! Jesus answered him, Unless I wash you, you have no part with ([b]in) Me [you have no share in companionship with Me].

9Simon Peter said to Him, Lord, [wash] not only my feet, but my hands and my head too!

10Jesus said to him, Anyone who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is clean all over. And you [My disciples] are clean, but not all of you.

11For He knew who was going to betray Him; that was the reason He said, Not all of you are clean.

12So when He had finished washing their feet and had put on His garments and had sat down again, He said to them, Do you understand what I have done to you?

13You call Me the Teacher (Master) and the Lord, and you are right in doing so, for that is what I am.

14If I then, your Lord and Teacher (Master), have washed your feet, you ought [it is your duty, you are under obligation, you owe it] to wash one another's feet.

15For I have given you this as an example, so that you should do [in your turn] what I have done to you.

16I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, A servant is not greater than his master, and no one who is sent is superior to the one who sent him.

17If you know these things, blessed and happy and [c]to be envied are you if you practice them [if you act accordingly and really do them].

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartofGod on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 am

Thank you Daph - I will ponder and pray on this!

scratching chin

heartofGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top