A Mixed Up Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Mixed Up Dream

Post by rosebush on Sun May 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi --

This dream has me in a former house, my parents' duplex where I and my children were born. I'm in the blue bedroom, just as it was, on the bed and my youngest child (meaning favored) jumps up on the bed and he is naked. After I give him a hug, I quickly look for a diaper for him and command him to stay on the bed until I find one.

I have 2 types of diapers I choose from. One is a full-shaped diaper that I would use for night time. I find a box of these underneath my grand piano in the dining room. Then there is a smaller shape for daytime and I get one of these to put on him.

Then I am cleaning out this bedroom, getting prepared to move. My Aunt Nancy who is a wonderful servant type woman is there helping (also meaning grace; favor). I am sorting through things. I swiffer the walls near the ceiling and some paint chips come loose but discover a ledge above the closet in the process. I climb up and find some old things up there I have never noticed before. I definitely recognize a good sized collection of glass covers for old time lanterns--no lanterns, just a good variety of glass covers for them. Then I notice there is a large opening going up into the attic. I look into this large attic area that I never knew existed before. I see the large roof joists and realize this is a boarded off section of the attic that I never knew existed. I have the revelation that this building/home started out with the intention of being a church. I look across the large room and see a bed and also a man figure sitting in a living room type chair reading a newspaper. He is facing towards me but his newspaper covers his face and so I never see him. This gives me the creeps, thinking he might be a ghost. So I quietly climb back down into the bedroom, hoping he does not notice. When I am down on the floor I look up and am amazed I can still see the opening to this attic I never knew existed.

Then I find myself in a new addition part to this home, which doesn't exist in real life, near the front. I'm crouched down on the floor and reading an elaborate Christmas card. It is from my good friend Ann (meaning God is gracious). I then realize the card comes with a smallish wooden rocking chair that I notice is cheaply made and intended to display the Christmas card. I decide to make use of the chair/card display, even though it is cheap. I set about putting it together, but it is quite imperfect. I am accepting of this and it does not deter me, in spite of problems.

Then I am kneeling on the floor putting together a curtain/drapery for the room. The room looks like a drawing room, a place to receive guests. It needs to be applied (glued) to a wooden board. A friend of mine is in the room named Matthew (gift of God). Matthew and his father are also working on a similar drapery project, sitting on the couch/chair to my left. Some of the glue I have applied gets onto their off-white drapery. Matthew's father is perturbed and lets me know. I speak to him about blaming and that we shouldn't blame one another, that my own father wasn't a blamer. Then I see my father enter the room and sit down. He shakes his head "no" regarding the blaming. He doesn't think blaming is a good thing.

NOTE: In many of my past dreams of this former home, which is a duplex, actually it was a single family home from the early 1900s that my father later turned into a duplex, the theme of "division" has helped me to interpret the meaning of the dreams I have had of this house.

Apologies - the dream is so long and involved.

Thanks for help.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mixed Up Dream

Post by rosebush on Tue May 24, 2011 8:11 pm

I note themes of favor, grace, gifts in this dream, possible theme of division also, but struggling to put it together.

Anyone?

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top