I saw the Virgin Mary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I saw the Virgin Mary

Post by renaemrgn on Fri May 20, 2011 3:14 pm

I had a dream last night that I went to CVS pharmacy. I went up to check out looking for someone named Magda. A black pregnant woman appeared and smiled at me but she was not who I was looking for. Then another woman appeared. She was young and extremely beautiful. She had a halo around her head and she was surrounded by the white light. She smiled at me. Another woman appeared. She was about in her 30;s, with dark curly hair, and beautiful as well. She also had a halo around her head and smiled at me. She turned to the other young woman and smiled and they said something to each other that I couldn't hear. Next thing I knew I was in a forest standing over something that resembles a pool. But it was built out of stones going in a circle. I put my hand in and pulled out one of the woman, the one with the dark curly hair and she looked at me as though she was upset with me and said "stop hurting me, my son has already died for you."

When I woke up my first thoughts were baptism and virgin mary.

anyone have any interpretations?

renaemrgn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I saw the Virgin Mary

Post by daphanie02 on Fri May 20, 2011 6:25 pm

You were searching for Magda...this reminds me of Mary Magdalene. It sounds as though you found her as well as our Lord's mother. It sounds as though she had a very important message for you. Are you living with guilt for something the Lord has already forgiven?

Galatians 2:21
[Therefore, I do not treat God's gracious gift as something of minor importance and defeat its very purpose]; I do not set aside and invalidate and frustrate and nullify the grace (unmerited favor) of God. For if justification (righteousness, acquittal from guilt) comes through [observing the ritual of] the Law, then Christ (the Messiah) died groundlessly and to no purpose and in vain. [His death was then wholly superfluous.]

I'm sure you've heard this before, but I felt the need to share. Your dream actually was very helpful to me and inspired me to do a little bible study....
It's by grace we are saved, not through works...our righteousness is as filthy rags before the Lord. Nothing we do out of our own works will ever make us holy. When we start trying to be 'good enough' for the Lord, we start walking in a law-ish path. (I'm so guilty of this) However, we aren't under the law, but grace. This is a freely given gift. Even if we mess up, it's already been paid for. The grief we feel inside after sinning is a good thing because it leads to repentance. I'm still learning to not beat myself up for something the Lord has already died for before I was ever born! Its difficult to fathom! But it's truth! Anyway sorry for rambling, but I felt the need to share this it was on my heart. What a wonderful dream by the way! i imagine Mary said this to remind us her son didn't die for nothing. And when we adapt the law mindset (trying to make ourselves better), it doesn't leave much room for the cross.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherOnia on Fri May 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey renaemrgn! Just for the sake of clarification, are you Catholic? I don't want to assume or jump to conclusions.

I loved the edification in your post, daphanie.

HeatherOnia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri May 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks Heather! I'm so grateful for this dream LOL the Lord has really used it to help me...it seems like i'm constantly having to learn this lesson! I Thank the Lord for His constant patience and tender love!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherOnia on Fri May 20, 2011 6:38 pm

daphanie02 wrote:Thanks Heather! I'm so grateful for this dream LOL the Lord has really used it to help me...it seems like i'm constantly having to learn this lesson! I Thank the Lord for His constant patience and tender love!

So true. We all need to be reminded until it sticks. The world's way that we came out of teaches that you have to earn everything and nothing is truely free without a catch, but God's way is not man's way. He gives freely through Christ and we don't have to earn it. I pray that everyone in the body of Christ takes hold of grace. False humility and false religion bothers me, even though I'm still aiming to fully embrace the concept of grace, myself.

HeatherOnia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renaemrgn on Fri May 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Heather, I am not catholic but rather adventist. Although I prefer to consider my self just spiritual because there are somethings I dont agree with in my religion as well as some other religions.

Daph- thanks so much for you insight into this. It helped a lot actually. I realize that I need to stop asking god for forgiveness because he has already given it. On top of that Jesus died for my sins. On thing that has stuck with me though is the pulling out the woman out of the water. I woke up with the thought of baptism. I have this pull to be baptised. I was baptised before but after a couple months I fell back into my old ways. Now I have this feeling deep within that I need to be baptised again and that this time it will be different because I now have a deeper understanding of what it means to give my life over to god. That when I am being submerged I am letting go of this life that I am leading and all the things that I couldn't let go before I would be letting go now. That the coming out of the water represents being saved by grace and belief in Jesus Christ. Afterall Jesus died so I could have this opportunity to be baptized and dedicate my life to him and his father. Another thing is that I have this intense burning feeling God wants to use me to do his works but I doubt whether or not I have it in me to do it sometimes because of all the bad things that I have done in my life up to this point. I know I need to realize that he can use me the last person anyone would think he would use to spread his word. that he can use me as much as he did David who committed murder, mary magdalene who was a prostitue etc.

renaemrgn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherOnia on Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 pm

renaemrgn wrote:Heather, I am not catholic but rather adventist. Although I prefer to consider my self just spiritual because there are somethings I dont agree with in my religion as well as some other religions.

Daph- thanks so much for you insight into this. It helped a lot actually. I realize that I need to stop asking god for forgiveness because he has already given it. On top of that Jesus died for my sins. On thing that has stuck with me though is the pulling out the woman out of the water. I woke up with the thought of baptism. I have this pull to be baptised. I was baptised before but after a couple months I fell back into my old ways. Now I have this feeling deep within that I need to be baptised again and that this time it will be different because I now have a deeper understanding of what it means to give my life over to god. That when I am being submerged I am letting go of this life that I am leading and all the things that I couldn't let go before I would be letting go now. That the coming out of the water represents being saved by grace and belief in Jesus Christ. Afterall Jesus died so I could have this opportunity to be baptized and dedicate my life to him and his father. Another thing is that I have this intense burning feeling God wants to use me to do his works but I doubt whether or not I have it in me to do it sometimes because of all the bad things that I have done in my life up to this point. I know I need to realize that he can use me the last person anyone would think he would use to spread his word. that he can use me as much as he did David who committed murder, mary magdalene who was a prostitue etc.

Amen to this post, particularly the bolded. I also realized that we thank God for the forgiveness that is already done (at the cross when Jesus paid for our sins once and for all) instead of continuously asking for it. Its already ours to walk in!

In regard to that last part, your past is forgiven, so when God looks at you He sees the imputed righteousness of Jesus that you have. In other words, because your sins are atoned for, He has forgotten the bad things of your past. Its time to forgive yourself. That burning desire to live for God and be used by Him is from Him. He has equipped you by the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells in you. So by all means, you are qualified for whatever He has called you to do. Remember that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).

Hebrews 8:12 (Amplified Bible)
12 For I will be merciful and gracious toward their sins and I will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more.

Shalom/peace and blessings!
~Heather

HeatherOnia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat May 21, 2011 4:53 pm

i think its interesting too that Paul the author of almost the entire new testament, was a pursecuter of christians. He killed them and congratulated those who killed them. God saved him and then called him to preach the good news. He was obedient even though he considered himself the worst of all sinners.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top