A Friend Shows Me Her Basement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Friend Shows Me Her Basement

Post by rosebush on Tue May 17, 2011 6:52 am

Dream starts with friend Cheryl taking me down the steps into her basement. She takes me to a room off to the right of the basement. The room is dark with many beds in it. Friend reveals to me that she is secretly caring for a grandchild who is disabled with arthritis and bedridden. Her daughter Cindy (who has 10 children for real) and family have abandoned this child. No one knows. I see the child over in the corner of the room in a bed. My friend is sitting on the bed, caring for the child. Then my friend leaves the room and I go out into the hall. I see this supposedly disabled child up and out of bed, peering out through the opening of the partly closed door looking at me.

Then friend Cheryl comes bustling down the stairs again and takes me to a different room down left of the other room. It is brightly lit and it is revealed to me that she is a piano teacher, which I did not know. She wants to play a tune for me and I follow behind her.

I believe this dream shows me what is going on with a friend, who is represented by this friend in the dream. There may also be personal application.
My friendship with the Cheryl of this dream capitulated after time due to her becoming offended.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Friend Shows Me Her Basement

Post by Deborah on Tue May 17, 2011 12:14 pm

I had a friend whose name is Laurie and one thing I've noticed about her is she becomes very close very fast to new people in town and then one day she quits calling them or acting like their friend. This has happened between her and many, many people, including me. I was talking to the Lord about it, and He showed me that Laurie is a perfectionist who holds people close until they began to see her flaws and then she dumps them out of her own fear.

Your friend Cheryl reminds me of Laurie. Cheryl in this dream is saying she is taking care of a disabled grandchild who really isn't disabled. This sounds like deceit. (By the way, Laurie takes care of her granddaughter too). Then Cheryl has skills that you don't even know about. It seems like she doesn't reveal much about herself (and again, Laurie plays piano and is a teacher).

I think--and this is just my opinion--you're seeing some of the deeper issues going on with Cheryl. What you dreamed about probably aren't literal issues, but hidden issues, nonetheless. In my own life with my friend Laurie I felt a lot of rejection and abandonment until I saw the bigger picture, and that seems to be what's going on with you.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Fri May 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Deborah, nice to meet you!

I am grateful for the story you share. I've had enough friendships in my life that I know how fragile friendships can be and to treasure what I have. I almost would have predicted what happened with this dream friend as I felt our friendship was only for a time, and she could go only so far the distance with me.

The friend in this dream I believe is symbolic of a present friendship which also was a for a time, and I sort of knew that, but it is always sad when you call on a friend when you have a need and then they don't, can't or won't go the distance with you...leaves you wondering! They used the "don't want to get involved" reason for declining assistance that was really for another set of people, but at my request.

The dream, which I had 2 of representing 2 different friends, I think is to show me the subconscious (unseen) of what was going on with 2 friends I had made a request of for help in something.

I am not sure if it is for reasons of perfectionism, as you share about your friend Laurie. I am hoping the dream holds the clues as to why the person declined the request, which I believe was Godly, so I can pray into that.

I wondered if it is some sort of generational stronghold, due to the family issue shown.

The friend has shared they believe they are called on a front of unity, which may be symbolic in the piano teaching idea. But the other side of the basement seems to indicate an issue of hiding division. So I believe the dream represents ideas of unity/division, which I have been searching scripture on to get better understanding.

What I had found is that there is a Godly division represented in the gospels (Matthew 10:34-39) “Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

Unity I believe is something that only can be achieved when we all come into agreement with the Holy Spirit, putting on the mind of Christ, and division probably a product of legalism. My concern is that the dream shows an unGodly form of division, which may be fear based, that is unknown to the dream friend, and is darkness. (I am only a student to the division/unity subject) This may represent with you share Deborah about deceitfulness.

I do believe the woman is called by God to be a teacher of unity, but may be missing some points. Possibly God will help me to at least pray into the troubled area, so that her whole basement is full of light.

The other corresponding basement dream I had that represented another individual I believe had a very lighted basement throughout.

I'm open to further advice/help.

Gratefully,
TP

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Sat May 21, 2011 6:51 pm

I forgot to mention the friend shared that she declined to "help" me also due to the fact that she has a tendency to identify with other people's hurts. Not sure if this is along the lines of taking up another person's offense or ? exactly. That seems the easiest explanation for the dark end of the basement.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Tenderpepper,

Perhaps you are being shown that your friend has deeper things that you know nothing about... things that perhaps make it difficult for them to assist you in what you have asked of them. Perhaps they truly are being taken advantage of by, or extending themselves for, someone who is not really disabled, perhaps the piano [or something it represents] is the only light place for them.

Are these friends allowing you "into their basements" [or deeply into who they are and their feelings] in real life? Is that the depth of friendship you hope for or hoped for with this person?

Lastly, do you usually dream for other people's benefit? I only ask, because I often dream about others, but usually the lesson is for me. If I am hurting over them, I would be shown something to understand, or heal the hurt in me. If you re-read your dream [assuming you wrote it down] in that light, is there healing there for you over this friendship?

Hope this helps in discerning your dream, I'm not an interpreter and have only been doing this [dreaming] myself for about 9 months... please feel free to discard this if it is not helpful.

Blessings :o) Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Diane.

In answer to your questions, no I do not know either of these persons very well (referring to the 2 basement dreams I had), although the Cheryl dream person I know somewhat. I believe they are pictures God has given showing me what is going on with each of them, behind the scenes, cause I only know a little of what was transpiring in this certain situation.

I never asked God for info on what was going on, the dreams just came. I believe possibly they are to pray into, especially this one dream as it looked troublesome.

You ask - "do you usually dream for other people's benefit?" Not usually, but in this case I believe the benefit was towards showing me the circumstances of the friend's lack of reception to my request. Explaining to me in dream terms what she said is actually her reason for declining or possibly there is more to it. My initial thought is that there is more to it.

Of course I've considered there may be personal application in the dream, that is why I posted. I don't feel an intense loss over the friendship as I believe God had already given me a warning that there was trouble through dreams, and I had spoken to her about it. A lot of people I find fizzle out in friendship at the least bit of turbulence. I try to stay in and work things out.

Your question - "Is that the depth of friendship you hope for or hoped for with this person?" No, I wasn't seeking a deep friendship with either individual, just help. I always hope for great relationships with other believers, but accept the material, circumstances, chemistry isn't always there for that.

The dream may be showing things just as she told me, another reason why I posted for help. Maybe someone else can see what I cannot.

See I had these 2 basement dreams simultaneously, so I've tried to look at them both together even to seek out the intended message. I just think God is kind enough to fill me on on an issue that was important to me that I wouldn't have any other way of knowing. The one dream had a person with the same name in it, this one has a name that means something I often called this friend. Would seem odd then if both dreams, which had quite different basements, would be directed to me.

Nice to meet you Grey Butterfly and thanks for the thoughts and questions. TP

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun May 22, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Tenderpepper, :o) We must be awake at the same time :o) Nice to meet you too!

Thanks for answering those questions... I know what you mean about friendships fizzling out... friendships that go deep are rare aren't they! I think it is significant that you had the two dreams simultaneously, I have those kind of connected dreams too, like God showing a different facet of the same thing... it amazes me that he is so infinitely patient and creative.

I think that you are right - these dreams are to pray into... and for the friends concerned. How amazing that God has given you a glimpse into the heart of another, that is a real privelege... :o)

Hope someone else can help you discern your dream more...

Enjoy your day!

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Sun May 22, 2011 5:23 pm

It is 7 p.m. Sunday eve here in the midwest. You are on the OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET! So maybe about 7 a.m. there in Australia?

Yes, it is a privilege to see into someone else's heart/subconscious and isn't something I would have asked for. So I am thankful to know what I know. wow But don't take it lightly!

That you share my dream may be 2 ways of looking at the same thing is something I haven't considered. I will take that to prayerful thinking.

Gratefully,
TP

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun May 22, 2011 5:52 pm

It's about 10.30 Monday morning here :o) It still amazes me that all those places I have never been actually exist.... lol!

I wanted to tell you I love how you said you wanted her basement to be full of light... what a beautiful picture of Jesus being the foundation of a life! I want that for me too! :o)

Anyway, I was just going about my morning and it occurred to me that there were many beds in that dark part of the basement... and her daughter has 10 children... I wonder if she feels that one of these children is in particular need - a kind of disability that can't be seen physically, you know how some kids can worry you - and then when you are not looking they are fine? I wonder if this is her worrying unnecessarily over one of these kids that perhaps feels abandoned and disabled.... it strikes me that there are many beds in there, I wonder why? One child has taken her offer perhaps to be coddled????

Gosh, I don't know, I don't know this woman, and I don't want to guess... it just struck me that there were many beds, many kids and yet only one kid in there.

I know that probably doesn't help much.... but I hope it helps a little :o)

I pray that as you go to bed in a few hours, (probably about when I am cleaning up after lunch) you have a wonderful, restful sleep, I pray God visits you in your dreams and shows his love to you... I pray you will be surrounded with angels and protected from evil... you and your family.... blessings to you :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Sun May 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Diane,

Thanks for mention about the many beds in the room. My guess is that the disabled child may be herself. She was horribly wounded in her child, that I know. I really had a pretty good childhood, and another reason why I don't believe the dream is necessarily for me, but certainly helpful information to me.

What she'd shared is that she identifies so much with hurting people, due to her own unhealed hurt, that she takes them on personally. And maybe this is the reason for all the beds.

The lady in my dream though (Cheryl) is a different friend than I believe the dream represents. That is confusing. So the person I believe the dream represents doesn't really have a daughter with 10 children. It's purely symbolic.

What do you think?

I did find this in my search on grandchildren they can represents a reflection of your own past. Might be the case here.

It is nice to think that what my friend told me is actually the truth.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Sun May 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi again :o)

That really does resonate.... I'm kinda glad for her sake then that the other beds are empty.

It is wise to be careful if you are wounded... because a wounded person can really harm others even if they are trying to help. I think God has shown you this so that you can let go of the hurt you felt when she said no to your reasonable request... God is good isn't he!

The fact it used Cheryl is really confusing! I wonder why her?? Is Cheryl a healthy friend? Is she used as a symbol because she is busy giving out to her grandchildren etc perhaps this other friend feels stretched like that and like she has no more to give - like Cheryl might feel [if she is in the thick of 10 grandkids] but in a healthier way and for real?

I wonder then why God showed you the light in your friends basement? you didn't know she played the piano... could it be that music is the path of light into her basement, could it be that music would open the door into the dark room? were they connected by a hall or something in your dream? Maybe that is something to pray into... maybe it is a key for you to re-enter this friendship if that is something you feel called to - and if you are in a healthy enough place to be able to go into that dark room with her and not get stuck.

I don't know if that is something you would want to do... or if it is even the message of the dream... perhaps you could pray she seeks counselling... and knowing what is in that basement means you can pray real, effective deliverance prayer for her.

You seem like an involved and caring person, I'm sorry you got hurt - sometimes it feels like it would be easier to never love... particularly when you stand at a funeral [as I did this week] and watch an elderly lady's face screw up in sadness cos' she will miss her friend. But what she said was precious: she said "I have so many happy memories of your Mum [not mine] she was SUCH a good friend, I will miss her so much!" Her heart was quite obviously breaking, but oh the joy it would take to make a heart break like that!

Bless you, it is truly nice to have met you [sort of :donut:] tenderpepper...

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Diane:

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply to you.

Dreams are more often symbolic and that is why I believe Cheryl appears in the dream, not my friend. I think God is telling me there are many parallels between these two women. My friendship with Cheryl was half healthy and I ran into the same sort of reserved trouble with the woman she represents. Both of these friends divided me out of their lives. Reminds of the verse that says what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Yes, friend Cheryl I had noted to be so focused on her 10 grandchildren that she hardly had time for anything else. I believe Cheryl is being used to represent my other friend because she too is so focused on her grandchildren that maybe she doesn't have much left for anything else.

Friend actually has a God-given calling to teach unity, but has some darkness in her own heart preventing her from fully walking in that unity. In short, I believe she is trying to battle against division but doesn't fully understand division as the scripture teaches. Thinking of--

Matthew 10:34-39

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a]

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

also -

1 Corinthians 11:18-19

18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it. 19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.

So there is a Godly division, which this dream has brought to my attention, for which we all have been given a sword and have to do our battling. And looks to me from the dream that it is error she has taken this sick child into her basement, due to the dark room. In the natural it would seem a GOOD thing to take in a rejected, abandoned, and sickly child, but spiritually speaking, I wonder if this child is representing error in her revelation of unity, due to the sick joints (thinking of the joints/joining in the body of Christ).

Still pondering this dream and asking God for revelation of unity/division for myself and my friend. scratching chin

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top