Dead mother's prayers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead mother's prayers

Post by Deborah on Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

My mother died in 2002; she belonged to a church that believes one must earn sainthood and encourages repetitive memorized prayers (I disagree with that theology.) She had ten children and had an exceptional mind for mathematics.

In my dream last night Mom had a primitive abacus that was made of metal plates instead of beads. She was calculating all the prayers and days of fasting she had completed in her life. She looked at me and said, "When you kids were growing up, Daddy and I had no money to go to doctors so I'd do this instead." I got the impression her prayers and days of fasting were very numerous.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead mother's prayers

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm

:bump: Anyone?

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm

just my thoughts ...

im wondering if God is saying, that her prayers and fasting did not go to waste... that u will reap the blessings of her prayers.

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Deborah! :hi: Just some thoughts when I read your post. Toss whatever doesn't fit...

Even though her theology may not have been right, I believe the Lord still honored her faith and prayers. Even though the 'religiousness' of the prayers had nothing to do with the provision...God still honored her faith in Him. I'm sure there is no doubt, that you are experiencing a much higher level of power than her...but thanks to her beginnings God was able to birth within you a spiritual heritage with much more depth, and freedom (springing forth from her foundation of faith).

Could this also be of encouragement to you, regarding your husbands health and wellness? By the way, any updates on him?

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm

SisterinChrist wrote: just my thoughts ...

im wondering if God is saying, that her prayers and fasting did not go to waste... that u will reap the blessings of her prayers.
Very cool sister...I was posting while you posted.... :glory:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Yes, I do think I'm reaping good things from my mother's prayers. I know too that my husband's battle is to be waged first on my knees...Thanks for your responses!

Ah Daisy, the soap opera of my husband's healing continues. He had surgery just before Christmas, he's been on iv antibiotics ever since. He seems to be getting better, but every day has its challenges. We were just in the ER Thursday.

When I was a little girl I remember my dad saying I'd make a good nurse someday and I'm glad for that positive prophecy. I have not had formal training, but I'm doing lots of nurse things like changing a PICC line dressing, apply wet to dry dressings every day, giving iv meds, mostly gaining a real appreciation for the challenges the wheel-chair bound face every hour.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Well I will tell you how much respect I have for you!!! What a wonderful wife you are to him to take such good care of him! Man, I pale in comparison! My husband got food poisoning this week, and I had to take him into the Dr. It requires SO much patience to take care of a grown man. Just a couple days really wears on me. At least for me, its a little easier to tend to the kids when they are sick. I dont know why its so hard for me to put the 'nurse' hat on with my hubby. Maybe its cuz he seems to overexaggerate at times. Though this week he was not...he was super sick. (Gosh, I sound super selfish now. sigh ) I really don't know how you do it day in and day out. Like the original posting said above...you truly are a saint!!!! Just shows how much of God's character you have in your life!!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 pm

wow Thank you Daisy!!! I'm humbled by your praise, but I have to say it's only by the grace God gives me....I hope your husband is all better!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top