Heard a voice in a dream...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heard a voice in a dream...

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 13, 2011 6:40 pm

I'm always a bit embarrassed when I fall asleep during my Quiet Time, but it was so short and I awoke after having this dream:

I'm at the factory where I work and I'm in the middle of running one of the machines, when the machine suddenly slowed way down - maybe even stopped. Looking at the computer screen, I see that the usual images are all messed up, like the software wasn't working. In the dream, I worry that somehow this is my fault, or that someone will think that it is my fault. I suddenly hear a loud voice, though it's a whisper at the same time, and the voice says, "Saul. Get out of Tartarus." Right away a thought comes to my mind: "No, it's Tarsus. Saul was from Tarsus." I hear the voice again, "Saul. Get out of Tartarus." Then I woke up.

1. Now, before I fell asleep, I had thought about my stepfather (Paul), and if there'd be an opportunity to share the gospel with him. I had imagined a conversation about the parable of the Lost Sheep, and I spent some of my quiet time after that reading that parable, along with the Lost Coin and Lost Son.

2. Also, in a little over a month, my work is shutting down for a week to upgrade the computer system that is central to the entire factory's processes.

3. It's also been on my heart to find a different job. The place does not treat its employees very well, among other things.

I share these 3 things because I don't know who or what the dream relates to. If the dream does not relate to those, by all means say so! :)

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heard a voice in a dream...

Post by usemeLord on Sat May 14, 2011 12:15 pm

In case you didn't look up Tartarus in classic mythology, below Uranus (sky), Gaia (earth), and Pontus (sea) is Tartarus, or Tartaros (Greek Τάρταρος, deep place). It is a deep, gloomy place, a pit, or an abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides beneath the underworld.
I looked up Paul because I heard from Joyce Meyer that Pauline means preacher so I thought Paul would be along those lines but it says small or humble. I would definately pray for the meaning of this dream as it seems significant. Tartarus is a baaaadd place.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I did look it up...and you're right, it IS bad! The more I think about it, the more I feel it relates to where I work. A fellow believer used to work there with me, and we would half-joking/half-serious refer to the place as Egypt, saying that we worked for Pharoah making bricks.

Yeah, it's not the best place, but it pays the bills.

Still, I never thought that it was THAT bad!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top