listening to God

Go down

listening to God

Post by renaemrgn on Wed May 11, 2011 5:42 pm

I am trying to grow in my personal relationship with God. But I have a hard time believing that the dreams that I have, the messages I receive are from him. I guess I feel this way because when I tell someone about something I dreamt they tell me oh it's just a dream or act like I am crazy. Maybe I am crazy? crying I want God to use me to do his work, but my not believing fully in my dreams I feel like is holding me back from really taking the next step in my spiritual growth. I know I have to accept that people will think that I am crazy but I guess I am afraid of that. I'm scared but I want to grow more and become a better person in Gods eyes. Any advice anyone?

renaemrgn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: listening to God

Post by traveller on Wed May 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi renaemrgn,

Dreams are one way of how God speaks to us, but there are many other ways, such as through the Bible, through prayer, through preachers/teachers/pastors, music, etc. He knows exactly where you are in your walk with Him. Tell Him you want to grow in your personal relationship, He loves to hear that!! And be open to grow in other ways than just in understanding your dreams, even though that's a nice one too:) I have many dreams I still don't understand but at other times God opens them up for me just like that, I don't know why, but I've become more relaxed in the timing of when I get the revelation.
Hope this helps some. God bless you!!
traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Wed May 11, 2011 6:36 pm

For many years I thought I was crazy because of the dreams I have. People I have been close to always know that I have the craziest dreams. Over the past 3 years I have really learned to lean on God a lot more when it comes to my dreams. I keep a journal of my dreams and of whats going on in my life, I keep my bible handy always and I've learned to "wait" on the Lord for the meanings of the dreams. It truly is amazing once you open yourself up and say "here I am Lord.....use me, teach me, mold me". Our relationship with God is sooooo personal and unique. Just focus on making that connection with Him, don't worry about what people are saying or thinking. I think thats keeping you from believing in your dreams. Pray, spend time with God and study His word more. It's like tuning in to the right frequency. Sometimes we allow the "noise" to get in the way of hearing from God. Thats just advice from personal experience.
hope it helps, blessings
Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinique on Sat May 28, 2011 11:24 am

God definitely speaks to us through dreams. There are scriptures backing this up and also I think we just have an inner understanding that this dream "means something".
Often when I am in a desperate situation (like I currently am -praying for salvation of a loved one) God will give me a few dreams, very different but all obviously the same theme. I have VERY "odd" vivid dreams and i really feel blessed by God in this. My biggest problem is "acting" on the dream because how do you "act" concerning a prayer for someones salvation. Today I felt I should give him a bible though even though his face looked like I had shot him lol but like the Bible says we should walk by faith and spirit, not sight.
My best advice is to ask God to give you a feeling concerning the dream, like with me I kept on recalling this dream before I looked at its meaning. I mean this dream was pestering me!!! I just need to learn to walk by faith and stop the devil's doubts!!!
Tinique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down