Catching fish with my Pastor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Catching fish with my Pastor

Post by jonty on Wed May 11, 2011 3:43 am

Hi,

this is another dream...

I was with an assisstant pastor of my church and someone ( i could just see the hand pointing) was telling us to fish in a spot. Its something like a competition ( I'm not sure). So my pastor is first to fish. We have a thread and at the end is the bait. He drops it in the water and immediately he gets a small black fish. Next is my turn and I'm thinking if I'll be able to get one. I drop the thread with the bait and I immediately get a fish. It's a big black one about 15 - 20 times the size of the fish my pastor caught. As I try to pull it out of the water, the thread is just slipping through my hands and I lose it.

Thanks for the interpretation.

Regards,
Jonathan.

jonty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Catching fish with my Pastor

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Thu May 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Jonathan,

This is fishing as in getting people out of the world to jesus. I also think God is showing you the challenges involved, sometimes we lose the very people we fish out of darkness. Bait speak of wisdom and strategies associated with evangelism. Pray on what I say

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Fri May 13, 2011 12:45 am

Often at times Jonathan we will find that an ''assisstant'' is translated in the Word of God as a ''Co-Laborer''. The One Who Comes Alongside''. The Spirit of God wants to help us. He's ot hiding any of the pearls of His promises or the gens of His wisdom. God wants us to know His will so we can walk in it and experience the benefits of His power and blessings. Let's return again to the final hours Jesus had with deciples as He explained the Spirit's future role in their lives: ''But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you" {John 14:26, emphasis mine}. Twice Jesus used the term ''helper''. The Holy Spirit is the One whom our Lord will ''call alongside'' for the purpose of giving us help-specifically in two ways:
1. The Spirit will teach you ''all things".
2. The Spirit will ''bring to your remembrance'' what Jesus said.
Perhaps your witnessing teniques are being tested with knowledge, much like that of a fishing package that reads ''twenty pound test line''. In place of weakness, the Spirit brings power. In place of ignorance, He brings Knowledge. In place of human knowledge, He delivers divine wisdom and profound insights from the ''depths'' of God's sovereign plan. Ps. 32:8~ I will ''instruct'' you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. "Watch to see where God is at work and join Him"! While our individual experiences may vary as to how the Lord directs us in unique ways, but however, we must not get too far from the revealed and "reliable'' Word of God. If we do, we will begain to use our own experience's as a basis for our beliefs, and Scriptures will diminish in importance as we make more and more room for more strange experiences. Stay with scriptures. As long as you keep the plumb line true, and pay close attention to the Lord's promptings/Instructions [his most significant methods} and go a little deeper in His Word, you are guranteed to be a ''avide'' fisherman of men and therefore pass the test when called upon.~

Sister Halo~

Sister Nora.

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaMaZ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:40 am

jonty wrote:Hi,

this is another dream...

As I try to pull it out of the water, the thread is just slipping through my hands and I lose it.

Thanks for the interpretation.

Regards,
Jonathan.

A Calling to persevere this would have to be one of the most hardest paths to stay on for we lose faith in our abilities forgetting of course that what we plant our father in heaven will in his time give the increase as he pleases. In times of discouragement reach out and take the bread our lord and loving savior has given to those who sup with him and drink of his Holy water.

Jude 20 – 23

20. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.

21. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal Life.

22. be merciful to those who doubt.

23. Snatch others from the fire and save them, to others show mercy, mixed with fear – hating even the clothing stained from corrupted flesh.

Be Blessed in all your works and God bless you with the increase your heart desires blessed peace from on high be with you in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen..

Glory Be To God

MaMaZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top