Dream Interpretation Needed: dropped baby (dead) - INTERPRETATION RECEIVED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Interpretation Needed: dropped baby (dead) - INTERPRETATION RECEIVED

Post by mightymight on Tue May 10, 2011 10:04 am

ORIGINAL POST OF 5/8/2011:
(Warning: sorry for the graphic nature of this dream, but I needed an interpretation).

I dreamt I saw someone holding an infant baby in her arms. I couldn't see the baby until it began to fall out from under her arms down onto the floor (the baby was cradled in her arms under a blanket, so I couldn't view it from above. I was only able to see a baby face as it was slipping out from her arms (from underneath her arms) before it fell onto the floor and then it's head decapitated from the body and it shattered. I was in shock and so surprised and sad to have witnessed this and woke up.

Thank you.

INTERPRETATION:

DISCLAIMER: What I am about to share and their symbols are as they pertain to my situation only, as this is how God chose to speak to me in the dream.
I sought the Lord for the interpretation to my dream and this is what He showed me.

BACKGROUND: The night before I sought God in word and prayer about an area of my life I wanted Him to change. Before I went to bed I specifically asked God to speak to me through the watches of the night regarding this area of my life and that night, I had the dream described above.

DECAPITATED HEAD: represented two things.
1. Head (separated from the body): SOUL - representing the carnal nature
2. Heart (inside the body): SPIRIT: representing the spiritual realm

When the head decapitated, there was a severing of the soul from the spirit.

I proceeded to ask God the significance of separating the soul from the spirit and to confirm it with scripture and immediately he gave me Hebrews 4:12:

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

I needed to do further research on this scripture because I really didn't understand the depth of what God was saying. And in time, here is what I came to understand:

As a man’s knife cuts and divides joints and marrow, so God’s Sword too pierces and separates the most intimately linked spirit and soul.

My next question was why? What was the importance of separating the soul from the spirit?

The answer was so that the spirit would rule over the soul as God always intended.

This article clearly explains (and for me confirmed what God was saying) the significance of "dividing soul and spirit" (as represented by the decapitated head in my dream).

"The dividing of these two elements (soul and spirit) denotes additionally that through willing cooperation the child of God can follow a pure spiritual path unimpeded by the soul. The Holy Spirit in Hebrews 4 sets forth the high-priestly ministry of the Lord Jesus and also explains its relationship to us. Verse 12 declares that “the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” And verse 13 follows by informing us that “before him no creature is hidden, but all are open and laid bare to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.” These therefore tells us how much the Lord Jesus fulfills His work as High Priest with respect to our spirit and soul. The Holy Spirit compares the believer to a sacrifice on the altar. During the Old Testament period when people presented an offering, they bound their sacrifice to the altar. The priest then came and killed it with a sharp knife, parting it into two and piercing to the division of the joints and marrow, thus exposing to view all that formerly had been hidden from human sight. Afterwards it was burned with fire as an offering to God. The Holy Spirit uses this event to illustrate the work of the Lord Jesus towards believers and the experience of the believers in the Lord. Just as the sacrifice of old was cut asunder by the priests’ knife so that the joints and marrow were exposed and divided, even so the believer today has his soul and spirit split apart by the Word of God as used by our High Priest, the Lord Jesus. This is that the soul may no longer affect the spirit nor the spirit any more be under the soul’s authority; rather, each will find its rightful place, with neither confusion nor mixture.

As at the first the Word of God had operated on creation by separating light from darkness, so now it works within us as the Sword of the Spirit, piercing to the separation of the spirit and soul. Hence the noblest habitation of God—our spirits—is wholly separated from the base desires of our souls. Wherefore we come to appreciate how our spirit is the dwelling place of God the Holy Spirit and how our soul with all its energy shall indeed do the will of God as revealed to the human spirit by the Holy Spirit. No room can there be then for any independent action.

As the priest of old split the sacrifice, so our High Priest today divides our soul and spirit. As the priestly knife was of such sharpness that the sacrifice was cut into two, piercing to the separation of the closely knit joints and marrow, so the Word of God which the Lord Jesus currently uses is keener than any two-edged sword and is able to split cleanly apart the most intimately related spirit and soul there may be.

The Word of God is “living” for it has living power: “active” because it knows how to work: “sharper than any two edged sword” since it can pierce into the spirit. What God’s Word has penetrated is much deeper than the soul; it reaches into the innermost spirit. God’s Word leads His people into a realm more profound than one of mere sensation; it brings them into the realm of the eternal spirit. Those who wish to be established in God must know the meaning of this penetration into the spirit. The Holy Spirit alone can teach us what is soul life and what is spirit life. Only after we learn how to differentiate experientially these two kinds of life and come to apprehend their respective values, are we delivered from a shallow, loose, sensational walk into that which is deep, firm and spiritual. Only then do we come into rest. The soul life can never furnish us rest. But please note that this must be known in experience; simply understanding in the mind will merely make us more soulish."--Source: http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/dividing.htm

SYMBOL OF BABY: I sought the Lord as to the symbol of using a baby covered and cradles in a woman's arms and He spoke this:

The baby represents a "new beginning" and all that is pure, and HOPEful and new.

So my next question was "a new beginning to what?"

The answer came a bit later and was "a new beginning in ruling and reigning by my SPIRIT and not my soul in my walk with God".

SUMMARY
The answer to my situation lies in my ruling and reigning by the spirit which will bring a "new" way of walking in His Kingdom.

I praise God for His faithfulness to speak to me and show me through His word the interpretation to my dream.

mightymight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream Interpretation Needed: dropped baby (dead) - INTERPRETATION RECEIVED

Post by Linda Irish on Tue May 10, 2011 10:52 am

Dear Mighty Might...I was so blessed by all of this...it is very like what I have been going through at different stages of my life, God wants me to have my identity in Him alone....not what I do, where i work, who I am on this earth...only in Who I am in HIM ALONE. I dont know if this makes sense to anyone else but my heart can wrap itself around a cause so easily....and my identity can become lost in that cause....that is not what God wants...our Identity shall be in Him ALONE.....I am learning more about this as the years go on. God Bless and thankyou for sharing this good food.

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mightymight on Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

Linda:

Thank you for taking the time to read this and share. I am so glad it blessed you. I can readily identify with what you are saying. And like you, realize more and more every day just how important it is to have our identity wrapped up in Him and be ruled by His SPIRIT so His glory and power may be manifested through us (the Church) and "His will be done on earth as it is in heaven".

Blessings to you.

mightymight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:40 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top