Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dove-Solutions

What is the gift associated with the role of a proclaimer

The Lord gave me this verse some years back....now it is somewhat self explanitory but I am stuck on the Harold thing.....1 Timothy 2:7. Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

1 Timothy 2:7 "And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles."

I looked up the definition of a herald on a few different sites... I have put each site in a different colour.

I think that the meaning which Paul was speaking of was the messenger/announcer/proclaimer of important news... I am thinking that this is more of an office - or mission than a gift as such..... although, I think the gift of exhortation (an utterance, discourse, or address conveying urgent advice or recommendations). might be the spiritual gift you are thinking of. Hope this helps :o) Diane

Herald (historical)
a : an official at a tournament of arms with duties including the making of announcements and the marshaling of combatants b : an officer with the status of ambassador acting as official messenger between leaders especially in war c (1) : officer of arms (2) : an officer of arms ranking above a pursuivant and below a king of arms

2: an official crier or messenger
3a : one that precedes or foreshadows b : one that conveys news or proclaims : announcer c : one who actively promotes or advocates :

her·ald (her′əld)

noun

1. Historical any of various officials who made proclamations, carried state messages to other sovereigns, took charge of tournaments, arranged ceremonies, etc.
2. in England, an official in charge of genealogies, coats of arms, etc.
3. a person who proclaims or announces significant news, etc.: often used in newspaper names
4. a person or thing that comes before to announce, or give an indication of, what follows; forerunner; harbinger

transitive verb

1. to introduce, announce, foretell, etc.
2. to publicize

her·ald (hĕrˈəld)
noun

1. A person who carries or proclaims important news; a messenger.
2. One that gives a sign or indication of something to come; a harbinger: eg. The crocus is a herald of spring.
3. An official whose specialty is heraldry.
4.a. An official formerly charged with making royal proclamations and bearing messages of state between sovereigns.
b. An official who formerly made proclamations and conveyed challenges at a tournament.

transitive verb her·ald·ed, her·ald·ing, her·alds
To proclaim; announce: cheers that heralded the team's arrival.

A herald is an officer of arms, ranking between pursuivant and king of arms.

Herald may also refer to:

* A messenger, especially one bringing important news
* A harbinger, giving signs of things to come

WOW...very thorough Diane!!

Some of these definitions sounds like the Office of the Prophet. Not just prophecy, which all of us can flow in when the spirit of God moves us, but the Office of the Prophet is sent, in some cases, to the nations to proclaim the message of the Lord to high profile leadership...like Kings, Queens, Presidents, etc.

When I read Ephesians 4:11, in the Amplified Version, and Apostle is considered a "special messenger". I think one who Heralds can be an Apostle and one who walks in the Office of the Prophet.

Good research!

You're welcome Cholette :o)

So, are you saying that a person with a prophetic gift could be given a "herald" mission - "go tell my people" this or that... and in that case, God might call that person "My Prophet to the land of "X"" as he did in the old testament with his prophets... who were called God's prophet to Israel or Judah or "X" And in that case, it is the office of the Prophet... not just the gift of prophecy?

I can see that :o)

Maybe "Herald" can be added to other gifts to make them more public when God wants to proclaim or reveal.

I was told recently that I have a ministry/mission of bringing people closer to the heart of God, and that the spiritual gift I will use as a tool to do that is a gift of healing.

I have seen glimpses, but am waiting for this to be activated in full by God in my life, but I mention it because I liked the way it broke down what my passion was = bringing people closer to God and separated it from "healings" which then became a tool God has given for access to people's lives and hearts.

I was confused because I didn't really want a "healing ministry" I have realised though, that what I want to bring is inner healing - and healing of relationship with God... and that is still healing :o) So, seeing that the gift and the mission in which to use the gift can be diverse, was encouraging - actually it made me joyful and I understood clearly what God wanted of me for perhaps the first time :o)

You might not have needed that "personal story" bit.... :o) but it came to mind when I read what you said... so, I'm hoping it helps!

God bless, Diane

Yes...the gift of prophecy and the Office of the Prophet are two different things. I just finished that segment of my School of Ministry course and it was quite revealing. Any believer can flow in the prophetic...all they need is an atomosphere charged and God can speak to them and they can give a word. The Office of the Prophet is a CALL...it's part of the five fold ministry. That's the one that can be called to the nations, to the state, to a region, to a city or even to a church. I can see this as one who would PROCLAIM, just like the prophets of the Old Testament. God sent them to give specific words to individuals and towns or even to a people.

After I posted my response earlier, I thought about how an Evangelist could be one who proclaims as well. They are especially sent to places to declare the gospel of Jesus Christ.

As far as the activation of your healing gift (another segment of the School of Ministry I just completed), you've already been commissioned and equipped, you just need to step out and DO! Moving from "glory to glory" in our gifts comes from moving out in faith and allowing the power that God has already equipped you with, to grow and mature. The gift of healing is one that takes faith...especially from the one who is laying hands and doing the praying. The Bible says that we will "lay hands on the sick and they WILL recover". There is an element of faith that the person that needs prayer should have, but really it's about the person who is praying to KNOW the authority and the power that they have to do what they are doing...that's what releases the healing power. No matter if it's inner healing or physical healing...sooooo many people are in need of both.

I just found out that I walk in the Office of the Prophet and I have a healing/deliverance ministry. These are strong giftings in my life. At the end of each segment of the school of ministry, we had practicums. There was a night service, held at the church, where the community was invited to worship with us. The first meeting was the prophetic meeting. Those of us who were told we walked in the Office of the Prophet and those who had strong prophetic gifts, stood up in the front of the church and we had to prophesy to EVERYONE in the service. Because I was one of the two that walked in the Office of the Prophet, I was blindfolded during the first portion of the service and gave words without seeing the person with my natural eyes. This exercise was to enhance my "inner spiritual eyes" and give the Word. Scary stuff, but God was glorified. The other practicum was healing. Everyone who needed healing came to another service and we laid hands on EVERYONE there. There were people with cancer, diabetes and back injuries. Every last one of them walked out with evidence of their healing. It was alllll God because all of us were nervous out of our minds. Next Sunday evening is the deliverance meeting...that's going to be interesting.

Sorry Connie...we've gone a little away from your question, but I hope what was shared here regarding the "herald" has helped you.

Wow Cholette!

Sorry Connie..... I hope that this conversation has helped you too - actually, I pray that it did!

That is an amazing experience Cholette! How wonderful to be able to practice and stretch your wings like that! A safe place to speak what you hear and flow in the spirit - I guess that school of ministry is in America isn't it... :(

I'm gonna look and see if we have one here - it would be so good to be in a place like that! Even for a little while :o)

Blessings to you both! Diane

Good morning Ladies,

No the question was more than answered and it is good. I was trying to figure out what seperates a Harold from the rest. From what I understand he has the gift of prophecy but he proclaims it to specific people or country. I also have giftings in other areas and use them quite often but did not understand what a harold was and what the giftings are associated with the harold. A Harold for example would have a prophetic gift and he/she would also have a strong knowledge of the Word and possibly other gifts as well.

You Ladies explained it quite well and thanks so much.

Love in Jesus,

Connie