CAN SOMEBODY INTERPRET MY DREAM?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAN SOMEBODY INTERPRET MY DREAM?

Post by dreamcatcher on Fri May 06, 2011 10:47 pm

On April 22, 2011 I dreamt that I was in my living room (but it wasn't my current house) looking out the front window. It was a huge picture window. I noticed an open gap on the top of the window pane, about 2 feet high, which I thought was weird. I looked out the window because I was getting ready to head out, and I noticed a lion in the front lawn. I thought…”Why the heck is there a lion on the front lawn? How am I suppose to get out.” I opened the front door to head out and the lion roared as soon as he saw me opening the door, as though he wanted to make his presence known. I closed the door kind of frustrated and thought to myself…”I’m trapped in here”. I went to the window that faced the side yard thinking maybe I could sneak out through it and saw 2 hyenas outside. They saw me and immediately started running towards the window like they were going to attack me. The lion heard the commotion and ran towards them and attacked them and killed them. I freaked out but also thought on how the lion had protected me from the hyenas. After this the lion went back to the front lawn and laid there, like he was guarding the house. I went back to the living room and looked out the front window again and saw a wolf hiding behind some bushes in the front of the house, a short distance from where the lion was. The wolf stared at me with piercing eyes as though he was getting ready to attack his prey. He ran towards the window and jumped up to the open gap, trying to get inside the house. His front legs where holding on to the glass and his back legs were dangling outside trying to push himself in. As this was happening the lion quickly got up and ran towards the wolf and started attacking the wolf. They fought and the lion mauled and killed the wolf. I realized the lion was once again protecting me but I still freaked out and I ran to the front door to try to get out. By the time I opened the door the lion was already laying on the front porch. I thought to myself…”I’m never going to be able to get out of here, I’m trapped”. I didn't really feel fear from the lion. It was more like frustration of not being able to get out, like when a parent doesn't let his kid go out to play.

Some people have said to me that the Lion is Jesus protecting me from the other animals. But what exactly does the dream mean?

dreamcatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CAN SOMEBODY INTERPRET MY DREAM?

Post by lola21st on Sat May 07, 2011 2:56 am

Is there some aspect of your life that you've not surrendered to the Lord? I also thought that the lion represented protection (Lion of Judah) (Psallm 121:8) but He wants you to stay home which in the dream you don't want to do, you feel trapped...is there something in real life that you also feel trapped regarding? Is there something that you would like (or would like to do) but don't feel that the Lord is blessing you in that area?

The other thing that stood out to me is the gap in the window...windows often symbolize revelation knowledge, seeing into the spiritual realm. It doesn't seem like the gap is damaging the window right now but it does make it vulnerable to being broken, collapsing, etc. Is anything going on right now in your spiritual life that could cause a similar gap, e.g., spirit life not as active as you would like to be - prayer, studying the Word, etc. or worry? It may be that He wants you to remain home to repair this gap before any real damage is done. He's protecting you but this issue has to be addressed because it's making you vulnerable spiritually.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat May 07, 2011 3:02 am

Also, I saw your other post and when I realized it was this dream I deleted it so that members would all come to this post of your dream...just wanted you to know in case you were looking for it... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DGM on Tue May 10, 2011 8:39 am

The Lion is definately the Lord protecting you from all kinds of harm and dangers. They come in many forms. The frustration is what I picked up on and your desire of wanting out of the place you found yourself currently in. Could you be in a season where the Lord is trying to reveal something to you or some changes in your life that you are comfortable with? Surrendering every area of your heart and trust in His faithful love and guidance. We think we know what we want, but that places us in a higher position than God. Be in the season you are in, asking and praying for wisdom. The Lord will show you, change you and encourage you where needed. He loves and cares for you more than anyone. He has protected you in ways, you dont even know about as He lay on the front porch. Guard the door of your heart--be careful what you let in.

DGM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamcatcher on Wed May 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Thank you very much for the interpretation. You are both right on, especially Lola21st. I do need to fully surrender my life and let go of something that I know it's hurting my relationship with God. I try very hard but it just drags me back in and I end up back in the same place where I don't want to be. I've had so many dreams, visions, and have even heard voices speaking to my heart, that at times I thought I was going crazy but I've learned that it's been God all along. All this for some reason started happening to me right before my father passed on in 1996. I was a backslider but came back to Him after 3 consecutive dreams He gave me (all connected) that really got my attention. But to tell you the truth it's been really hard. When you think all is well, sudden destruction comes. Most of my dreams I could interpret myself because of what's going on at the moment in my life but this one I just wanted to confirm with someone else of the faith. Thank you both so much!

dreamcatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top