Big Shady Tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Shady Tree

Post by cypher9 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm

I dreamed of a tree, biggest I've ever seen and can ever imagined. This is a very leafy tree, don't remember seeing any fruit, but it was set on top of a huge cliff. I was on the bottom of the cliff looking up this huge tree. The tree and cliff had Lord-of-the-Rings type proportions in terms of size. Huge cliff, super huge tree. At the top, the tree provided a lot of shade, because of its sheer size. The sky itself was a little gloomy. Its roots are huge and well "sunked-in" into the ground, definitely not movable. It looked like it had been there forever. I also saw people dressed up in lord of the rings type clothing, climbing up the cliff to try to get to the tree. Some were already up there, walking around, under this huge tree, discovering the roots, etc, like little children checking out a new playground. All this time I was only watching, observing, not participating. I had a fear of people falling from the cliff while climbing but none did and everyone was safe. Then the dream ended.

In Him,
Steve

cypher9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Big Shady Tree

Post by dreamster on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:35 pm

thetree sounds like jesus,[i am the tree of life] people could find safety there,able to accommodate alot of people,stable,the fruitwere the children playing on it,see wat you think, thinking thumbs D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi, I was thinking about the bible and how it talks about Faith the size of a mustard seed and how big the tree grows and how it provides shelter for the brids and shade. Faith that grows to be a tree is very grounded and hard to shake and it was planted on a cliff (mountain) which is always a symbol of were God dwells and were Jesus went many times. Faith planted in God, and people trying to get to God, it seems to me that you are the one providing the faith as you are watching and hoping people make it safely to salvation.
I hope this helps, Love in Jesus, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:03 am

Sounds to me like Dreamster and Lori Lane have it figured out.

Good job,

Love in Christ,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cypher9 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 am

Lori and dreamster, I think you both nailed it. Reading your replies gives me goosegumps, here's why:

At first I thought the tree meant a nation, or the Church or some large institution or some other prominent figure, according to what I've looked up online (sorry still a rookie here). Of course I found out that even the same symbols are different for everyone, that we have to look at the context of our dreams, which defines the symbols, not the other way around.

The children as the fruits of the tree made a lot of sense and Lori's explanation on the tree, shade, cliff (mountain), people and faith just fell into the right places of a jigsaw puzzle. Over the last couple of years, I have grown to be really into Christian Apologetics, mainly classical and evidential. This came about when my secular friends made comments about no absolutes in the universe and how God can allow evil on earth...hence no God (you get my picture). I started engaging in arguments like that and I realized that despite of my limited knowledge at that time, I was doing ok, sometimes I felt led by the Spirit to say things, things that I would have never thought of saying. Sometimes my answers don't come until I open my mouth (which may sound like a dilemma to you but it really happens, just gotta trust Him). Anyhow, then I decided to look for answers myself within and without the Bible. There was so much I didn't know but I do know and sorta "prepped" myself whenever I encounter and atheist of agnostic. I have a passion burning like fire in me for apologetics...one of the few true passions of my life.

Lori said it seems like I'm the one proving faith to people to lead ppl to salvation, that is true in real life...but here's my question:
in my dream I was only watching and observing and did not participate...how did you extrapolate that to know enough that I am trying to bring ppl to Christ? seeing your reply is like an epiphany to me. My small group is currently doing the "1 month to Live" series...which makes me pray even more for ppl that I should be praying for and trying to connect with them...

in Christ,
Steve

cypher9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Steve, Wonderful, wonderful. What a powerful dream and I am so happy of your witness to the inter. Also happy of your witness in life to other... Makes me shout for joy!!

In answer to your question on how I got that about your faith was the one brining ppl to Christ. When I see the word "watch" I know that it has serveral conentations. One of which is prayer (intersession), and with our prayer we involve faith... We have to pray believing... The other thing that stuck out for me was that you were afraid others might not make it up the cliff or some would fall off of the cliff. That to me sounds like a sheapered, someone who is watching out for the sheep. These gave me insight in to your heart and I saw that you cared deeply for the lost and those seeking. Most important of all and to all of the glory goes is the Holy spirit revealed it to me. I hope this helps. I am so encouraged by you and your life in Christ... Much love in Jesus, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cypher9 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Wow Lori...Our God rocks!!! Many thanks to you and your gift of interpretation. I pray one day God enables me to do the same! Cheers and pray on!

Till the Whole World Hears,
Steve

cypher9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Proverbs 11:30 says "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
and he who wins souls is wise." I feel like this is God's scrpiture to you.

I felt like the people that were already on top of the cliff with the tree (Jesus) are people who are with him right now in Heaven. I also felt that the people climbing to reach him are people on earth who are striving in their faith in Jesus in hopes to one day see him face to face. We often get concerned for our brethren, because we are flesh and often fall, but praise God our hope is in Him and He will help us win the prize!

:clap:

Welcome, God bless you, and thanks for posting!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cypher9 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 am

Daph,

thanks for your response...this is so inline with what's going on for me...i try to enagage in conversations with non believers and help them think and see things in a different way, God's way, by using apologetics. Needless to say, as christians we ought to be prepared to give an account for our faith. Please pray for me as I pursue this passion that God had bestowed upon me...Praise Him only!

Steve

cypher9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top