little girl at orphanage - should we take her home?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

little girl at orphanage - should we take her home?

Post by dreamer43 on Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 pm

my dream...
My daughter and I were parked in my truck outside of an orphanage. Obviously in another country, dirt roads, very primitive. There was a little girl sitting on my lap in the truck (in the drivers seat) she's about 3. She's very dark skinned and has 3 piggy tails on her head. I was giving her a little lesson and the things in the truck NOT to touch. And of course, she touched them all. The truck began to roll backwards. I was concerned that we would hit another one of the children playing outside.

next scene...
we are inside the orphanage. My daughter and I were needing to leave shortly but we decided to take a rest before we left. We laid down on mattresses on the floor. the same little girl ran up and curled into a little ball between us. we loved and hugged on her. she soon got up and ran away. I said to my daughter....."We have a decision to make...if we take her home it will be like bringing in another Duke into our lives" (Duke is our 1 yr old Standard Poodle puppy - very energetic, needs lots of attention)

the end. thank you for your insight.

dreamer43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: little girl at orphanage - should we take her home?

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 am

Hi Dreamer, welcome :o)

Is there anything like this going on for you IRL?

Also, what were you feeling in the dream?

It is good to have you here,

Blessings to you, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer43 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Diane,
Thank you for your reply. What I'm praying about is what the little girl represents... ministry? a real little girl?
We are definitely in transition as far as church/ministry. Is the decision about the ministry? Is it about to get crazy?

I've always had international adoption on my heart. My husband and I have looked into it twice over the years and have looked into fostering also. We have 3 of children right now and just didn't feel like it was the right time...now that they are older...is it the right time?? It has been a topic in recent years but we haven't felt a leading on which way to go.
We are in the middle of a move that would allow the ministry to grow and also allow us more room for children. either way...I've said my decision is "yes". I just didn't want to misinterpret what the Lord was saying.
Oh - you asked me what I was feeling in the dream....I can't remember exactly what I was feeling except that my total attention was on that little girl - I really didn't see what else was going on around me. She kept me very busy!
thank you Diane for asking.
Stephanie

dreamer43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu May 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi Stephanie,

I just re-read your dream.

You are new here, and probably haven't read the sticky notes from Mia at the top of the forum... they are a good read :o) They will tell you to be very wary of recieving interpretation from inexperienced people that you do not know. You can see from my stars that I am pretty new here. Having said that, I feel that what I have seen is from God. I just want you to know that I have only been writing my own dreams down since October 2010 and I joined here at the end of January this year. This is the first time I have felt that God has actually given me an interpretation for someone else. Please take it with that in mind - okay :o)

Okay, so I read your dream again:

I thought about the fact you were outside the orphanage... are you outside the ministry?

It is primitive... is the ministry primitive?

The little girl is 3... sometimes kids/babies can be time markers... did you begin this ministry 3 years ago (or something like that)?

I'm pretty sure that none of those things is true of your ministry... because this is what I see

The child is 3, she has 3 pigtails and you have 3 children. I think that is significant... I think that this is about children.

The rest scene to me speaks of family and intimacy (bedrooms are not where we usually do ministry) and is confirmation that it is the orphan and not the ministry.

While I was reading, I wanted to write "keep your foot on the brake!" because of the rolling back of the car.... is that something you need to hear... I don't know, but often God speaks to me in my reaction to my dreams...

I hope this helps in discerning your dream, see what the others say too okay :o)

Blessings to you and your family, I hope your move goes well!

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamer43 on Fri May 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Thank you Diane. I have read some of what Mia has written and yes...I will take all things into consideration. And take it to the Lord :)

I appreciate you taking the time to pray about my dream, meditate on it and write down all that you did. I understand what you are saying about why you believe this dream is about children. The bedroom being a place of intimacy and the childs age and number of piggy tails. (that really stuck out to me too)
I probably do need to hear..."Keep your foot on the brake!" I tend to be spontaneous and I just speak out everything I feel and see. This area has been a little different tho. I've kept it pretty close to my heart and kept pretty quiet except to my husband. I did wonder why I was driving - I definitely don't want it to be something I'm driving - it would have to be something we are both in agreement with but I have been the driving force in the past. So...yes...keep my foot on the brake and let God move in his time.
I will keep this in prayer and thank you for your thoughts and insight.
Blessings Diane,
Stephanie

dreamer43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Fri May 06, 2011 3:30 pm

:o) you are welcome - and what an exciting journey!

Bless you all xx Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top