A strange dream full of symbols

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A strange dream full of symbols

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun May 01, 2011 6:00 am

I am going to try to describe a dream I had. It will be difficult but I have already prayed for God to open up my mind to understand this but I put it here in hopes that someone will be led by the Holy Spirit to help me.

When I woke up I remember praying and saying 'in the name of Jesus' to something. I don't have words to describe what I dreamed. But I can use adjectives like it was something with an intelligence. It moved. It looked like giant walls. It reproduced itself. It was a living thing. Like I said it was doing something evil because I was praying in the name of Jesus. In the dream there were a lot of them. LIke I said what it looked like to me were walls walking around. I was removing something from a wall and it didn't like it. It was not clear what I was removing. But it sort of looked like I was peeling something off the wall, perhaps to see something. Then these things looked like doors, walking doors, huge, big,

intelligent doors. They controlled and prevented. I was trying to pull down something. I was standing against something. They were all around. This dream was like looking at something and needing reading glasses to see it. My mind could not comprehend what I was seeing. I could not describe them but as I prayed those things came to me, like doors, large doors that walked, and then walls, large walls that walked but they had an intelligence. It was like these doors were trying to prevent me from seeing things. Does anyone have any insight? I know I haven't given you much to go on but this is what I was seeing. I should say that before I went to sleep, I was in prayer about being about to see and the Lord showing me things in my own life, things I couldn't see or understand.

What I think perhaps these doors are what are there to prevent me from seeing something or blocking truth. Even if I couldn't see them or describe them to you still I sensed like their character, like I said before they were intelligent, things, knowing, thinking etc. Do you know what this could mean?

awesomegod16

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A strange dream full of symbols

Post by daphanie02 on Sun May 01, 2011 12:47 pm

I heard the word "strongholds" and I looked up this verse:

2 Corinthians 10:3 3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 pm

As I read this dream I thought the same thing and the same scripture came to mind as Daphanie02!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomegod16 on Sun May 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Now that is interesting because I was thinking of that scripture too, but only today I guess when I was at church. I think I was seeing some strongholds and they were big and huge. How do you get rid of them? Is prayer enough? I am sure God can do anything.

awesomegod16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun May 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Just my thoughts...Im not an interpreter, just a fellow member and sister in the Lord. I personally think prayer is enough for sure. I would pray for God to help you to see what things are having a stronghold on your mind or thought-life. (which could possibly be the reading glasses you talked about in your dream-God helping you to 'see') Sometimes mindsets or wrong thinking can hold us back from becoming all God wants us to be, or doing all He wants us to do. (You mentioned the walls were 'Controlling', 'blocking' or 'preventing', could that possibly be mindsets that are being used to prevent or block your destiny, your fullest potential in Him?) Once God reveals these things to you..I would also pray for God to help you to 'cast those things down' by changing your thinking in those areas to line up with the Word of God.

This is the same scripture from the King James Version bible:
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ....

I will be prayerful for you as well...God bless you! With Him you can do all things....praying Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top