Themes In Dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Themes In Dreams

Post by happiness80 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some guidance on themes. I've had 3 dreams over a period of about a year with the exact same theme. It stands out to me that its happened 3 times, the theme is me thinking something is dead but is not.

I was wondering whether anyone else had any experiences of this happening and whether this means a confirmation from God.

Thanks (My 3rd dream with this theme was posted in the dream section)

Blessings

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Themes In Dreams

Post by dreamster on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:18 am

yep had themes ,,jus lately in fact,, drms can knit 2getha like jigsaw pieces, im wondering if ur ''dead thing '' is how u perceivbe it but lordy has otha ideas,, afta all hes king of ressurection, ,,, D at rest ,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:39 am

Dreamster, nice to hear from ya! :hi:

Thanks for your ideas, It struck me about what you said about coming together like jigsaw pieces, Im going to look back over these dreams and hope for more revelation.
I agree with you, about my perception of something being dead but the Lord having other ideas thats what I felt and am trying to think over the areas of my life that seem dead...perhaps dead dreams!

Thanks heaps! wave

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:42 am

It could definitely mean a confirmation from God.

When I have dreams that I consider confirmation dreams (dreams that establish God's intent according to Genesis 41:32), I usually have the dreams in quick sequence, i.e., if not the same night, a short period of time passes. And it often comes to pass quickly as well. BUT that doesn't mean that same theme dreams that occur over a longer period aren't confirmation, I consider those long-term confirmation dreams... laugh ...those are dreams of reassurance. When I have those dreams, the dreams aren't necessarily the exact same thing; they're more general but the same overall theme. Often they may give either give more information with each subsequent dream (like providing a new angle on a situation), or they may be a status update, i.e., an update on the area that God is working on right now or an alert that a particular thing has to occur before things can proceed, etc. These dreams are not only a dream of reassurance but are also a call to pray and intercede, calling those things that are not as though they are (Romans 4:17).

Other times that I have repeating dream themes they sometimes are a reminder, they've become a symbol of something that I'm doing or something on the way. For example, when I have dreams with my ex-husband in them it's usually a sign that I'm going back to old ways regarding something. I sometimes dream of competitions which reflects some competition that I'm going to be facing in real life (e.g., dealing with people who have issues with me, are intimidated by me (so make a competition of our interaction - they always have to be right or they criticize everything that I say, etc.))...

Still other times it could be a message that the Lord is giving you that you haven't received yet - it's not a confirmation regarding a situation, it's a message to take heed, take an action, etc.

Hope this helps! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:23 pm

H,, yes amen ,, u kno the scrip in the gospels about jirus daughter,, she died b4 jesus got 2 her, the dad jus kinda gave up ,,, but she was dead but got ressurectd,, ,, i hava drm that refuses 2 die inside me,, mi life circumstances want 2 kill it ,, but it jus wont go, lol! ,,i havnt seen it manifest yet, but sum how feel its close, so wen u think sumthings dead an gone,, its not the end of tha story, god has tha last werd D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Amen Thank you both for your thoughts and sharing your experiences that has really helped to clarify things for me Yay!

Lola - I think your'e right about reassurance dreams I did feel like God was sending me reassurance as it has been over a period of time. Yes the dreams had changing symbols but always me thinking something is dead and suddenly thats not the case.

Often they may give either give more information with each subsequent dream (like providing a new angle on a situation), or they may be a status update, i.e., an update on the area that God is working on right now or an alert that a particular thing has to occur before things can proceed, etc. These dreams are not only a dream of reassurance but are also a call to pray and intercede, calling those things that are not as though they are (Romans 4:17).

That sits so well with me and makes perfect sense thanks!

Yes dreamster I was thinking Lazarus - everyone thought it was too late nothing more could be done. Jesus took his time getting to him but he got there in the end and raised ol Lazarus up! Praise God!
Guess it aint over till God says it is YAY!! thumbs happy dance

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

yep D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:12 am