dreamt with mice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dreamt with mice

Post by mguerrero on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 am

Hello,

I am trying to get help on interpreting a dream I had last night. My family and I were in our family room at night watching tv. All of a sudden I see at least 5 mice get in through our patio door. The first one was red and the rest were grey. I remember they were getting in through the sliding door and I kept thinking there is no way they fit through there. Anyway I told my husband "look! get them out before they get all over the house!" He hesitated cuz he was watching tv so I ran to go stop them and 2 of them went back out but the other 3 or 4 made it in including the red one. When I started running to stop them my husband got up to get the mice also but it was too late. I was sooo grossed out and upset thinking of all the things they were going to touch and contaminate and how much clean up we would have to do after they were exterminated. Last thing I remember is a young lady looking in one of our kitchen drawers and saying "yup they are already in and getting everything dirty"

Last night we had to sit with our eldest son and talk about some unwise decisions he has been making. I was feeling like I let our family down cuz I havent been covering them enough in prayer as I should because I know God has placed that heavily on my heart. I went to sleep feeling like that. So I wonder if this dream has anything to do with it?

Thank you for your help!
Monica

mguerrero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dreamt with mice

Post by lola21st on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi Monica!

Yes, it's quite possible that your dream is a result of the things that were on your mind when you went to sleep (Ecc 5:3). I think the dream reflects how you are currently feeling and your concerns about the potential damage that could occur if the issues with your son aren't dealt with.

Mice are devourers - they seek food and shelter, are destructive in their pursuit of them, and devour them until they’re completely consumed. So symbolically that's what they're representing in your dream, a destructive force that has taken root in your home, particularly in the plans for your family. I believe that the red mouse is the strongman of this group. The kitchen is a place of preparation, where things are planned/prepared so their being in your kitchen suggests that they're trying to destroy things being prepared for your family.

In the beginning of the dream, you get the revelation that something isn't right, that you have intruders (you see the mice through the patio door - windows/glass often represent revelation). One thing that stood out to me is that your husband was distracted by the tv so he wasn't quick to react to the mice, you had to take action despite him. While you stated that you feel like you've let your family down, do you also feel like your husband may be neglecting his role because of distractions which may in part have resulted in the situation being what it is now?

Please pray about what's been said to ensure that it aligns with what the Lord has shown you already and disregard anything that doesn't fit.
flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:43 am

I have to agree with Lola here. When I read the dream I was thinking of the same thing. Troublesome things that have come in to destroy the family. The red one did stand out....to be a danger to your family....or the stronghold like lola mentioned. Hope this helps for discerrnment. I am just giving you my thoughts as I read the dream.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mguerrero on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Thank you soooo much for both interpretations. Yes! they are both confirmations of what God has been speaking to me. I have a clearer idea of what I need to do. I praise God for His mercy on getting my attention towards the present situation and future of our family. Our family and the plans God has for us is always at the forefront of my mind. :)Thank you again to you both and God bless!

P.S. @Lola, the answer is yes to the question about my husband.Although he has taken his role alot more seriously in the last year I do believe part of the issue with our family is because of distractions in his life. I will definitely be praying for this as well. Thank you :)

mguerrero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top