How long do I pray for something not to happen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How long do I pray for something not to happen?

Post by Grey Butterfly on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi guys,

I have been getting words.

I wrote them quickly because I have found that words disappear really quickly, and even now, I am not entirely certain that I have the right words, because they are like vapour... but I am pretty sure :o)

So, anyway, my question is this:

I was given a name... [I thought it was a street name]
and the name of a town...
and the words "worst killing place"
and I also had an impression of fire.

At the time of getting these words, I was (dreaming) standing in an alcove - a small space between three walls, like the back door of a house that you walk out and there are walls on either side of you for a metre or so until you get out into the back yard.

the walls were dirtyish white maybe rendered brick and it was concrete floor, it was definitely the backyard of a house.

So, I looked up google maps, but there is no street by this name in the particular town.

In Australia, a lot of our towns are named after places in the UK, so I googled the same words in the uk. I found a school that has a room named with this name.
I began to pray for the school.

Then I thought of looking it up in the phone book to see if perhaps the name was a person's name instead of a street... and there is a person by this name living in the town.

So, I am also praying for this person... (not knowing if they are involved or not, nor whether they are victim or perpetrator... or anything really.)

Now... I have checked the news each day and THANKFULLY there is nothing - so what would you guys do with this?? How long would you pray - would there come a time when you assumed that whatever was going to happen has not and stop??

Hmmmm, I am just now thinking that I should ask God... he is able to give me this much, he can answer this question too. I will share this anyway, and then keep you posted. :o)

Thanks, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do I pray for something not to happen?

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 am

Grey Butterfly,

I pray it through. By that I mean I pray until I get a release in my spirit in a matter. Sometimes I pray for weeks for a certain situation or person. Usually when I feel in my spirit that there is no longer a reason to pray over the situation.....like a feeling in the pit of my stomach type thing. I don't know how to describe that. I just somehow know when the Lord releases it for me. Sometimes I feel ready to laugh when there is a breakthrough. Like an emotional release but most of the time....I just know when to quit praying. I also only pray in the spirit concerning a situation or need. I first lay the request before the Father but then I pray only in the spirit. I hope this has been of help to you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks Connie,

Thanks Connie, that helps. :o)

I have run out of words, and feel I have prayed for them solidly, I will continue to pray in the spirit as I feel burdened for them... and then I will let it go and trust that heaven moved and altered the outcome and therefore I will not hear about it in the news. :o)

I appreciate your help xxx

Love Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 am

Grey Butterfly,

Glad to be of help. Remember that the release will be felt in your spirit man. At least that is how it works for me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top