Strange dream of battle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange dream of battle

Post by unknownwriter on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi all,

So obviously I had a crazy dream last night. I'm NOT sure if this was bad pizza or a prophetic experience, but maybe someone can help clarify.

So in the dream my ex girlfriend comes over and tells me she wants to get back together with me. We broke up in January and it was a difficult break up, but I am at the turning point now where I am getting over it and feeling really good about life. We are both non-denominational Christians to clarify.

Anyways, she comes over and says she wants to get back together and I agree to this. We decide to watch a movie on the couch, but are interrupted when a BIG MAN comes in my house -- who kind of looks like this actor from the movie Bloodsport (google Donald Gib). Now this guy is a real WALL of flesh and he wants to kill us (or at least ME for sure). So I remember jumping out of my living room window onto my porch and sprinting down the lawn full stride. My ex girlfriend is no longer in the dream and I can't say what happened to her, but I remember next there being a group of children playing in the street. I recruit these children to help me defeat the big man and I remember I had a SWORD in my possession for some reason. The sword was plain -- silver blade with a black hilt. The children had spears and knives like this were some sort of urbanized version of LORD OF THE FLIES.

So with these children, who are all around 8-11 years old, I hide in a garage to wait for the man so we could ambush him. When he comes inside the garage I command the children to attack. The children stab the man all over the chest, but because he's so HUGE, he takes each blow without seriously injury -- he's a monster and we just can't beat him!

At length I tell the children to go for the throat. They swarm the man like locusts and take him down and cut his throat with bush snippers. The irony here is I remember feeling INTENSE sorrow for this man as he was killed. I couldn't watch the children deliver the final blow and I remember turning away. I felt SO BAD inside, because we were taking this man's life -- even though HE was trying to kill ME!

Also note I never did any fighting in this dream. I just commanded the children and THEY FOUGHT FOR ME. They attacked. They killed. I just commanded like a general or captain.

I can still feel the INTENSE anxiety I felt when this man came for me. As well as the sorrow of seeing him killed. Also note the euphoria of reconciliation with my ex. Now I didn't watch any movies or listen to any secular music over the weekend, so my imagination was pretty clear when I went to sleep, which is another reason why I'm wondering about this dream.

Can anyone debunk it? Or is there more to the story? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

unknownwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange dream of battle

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:43 pm

Sometimes dreaming of reconciling with an ex, is symbolic for going back to something you used to do, Such as an old habit or hobby you used to be into.

The battle sounds like spiritual warfare. It may manifest itself in a way where you feel vulnerable because the situation (perhaps caused by a person) is just too much for you to handle alone, Which is why you go straight to the Word (your sword of the Spirit). The children could possibly represent others who might not be as mature as you in the Lord, but when gathered together can do great damage against the enemy!! AMEN!! The feelings you had at the end of your dream will help you identify the dream when it manifests. How ever way it ends, you may be feeling guilty it went so far...but that person was asking for it lol! If you cause someone to die in a dream, sometimes it just means you have caused some sort of change in their lives. In this situation it might not be something the (Giant) person is happy about (whoever he represents)

These are just my thoughts based on my own experience. Please pray on the meaning of the dream. The Lord will guide you to the correct and complete interpretation. i definately wouldnt toss this out to be a pizza dream. it has loads of meaning.
God bless!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownwriter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:10 am

daphanie02 wrote:Sometimes dreaming of reconciling with an ex, is symbolic for going back to something you used to do, Such as an old habit or hobby you used to be into.

The battle sounds like spiritual warfare. It may manifest itself in a way where you feel vulnerable because the situation (perhaps caused by a person) is just too much for you to handle alone, Which is why you go straight to the Word (your sword of the Spirit). The children could possibly represent others who might not be as mature as you in the Lord, but when gathered together can do great damage against the enemy!! AMEN!! The feelings you had at the end of your dream will help you identify the dream when it manifests. How ever way it ends, you may be feeling guilty it went so far...but that person was asking for it lol! If you cause someone to die in a dream, sometimes it just means you have caused some sort of change in their lives. In this situation it might not be something the (Giant) person is happy about (whoever he represents)

These are just my thoughts based on my own experience. Please pray on the meaning of the dream. The Lord will guide you to the correct and complete interpretation. i definately wouldnt toss this out to be a pizza dream. it has loads of meaning.
God bless!

Thanks! So a lot of this makes sense. It's almost spot on. Some things are fuzzy, like WHO or WHAT the actual big man represents. When/if a manifestation comes I will post an update.

unknownwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 pm

unknownwritter,

Am excited!

I agree on what Darphine say BUT will just add on it and probably explain and share additional what I have heard from the Lord. First of all your break up with your friend was a spiritual battle. The Lord is telling me that she contributed most wrong but all of you have issues. The big man in a dream I hear the Lord telling me he is "arrogance and pride, and selfishness" He is the spiritual force behind you being a part. The children in your dreams is "Humillity". Its the humility that will fight this battle, this enemy is brought down through humility and in the dream you go in the street to gather children(humility) and you see you do not take part in the battles but you leave the children to do it. Some battles we do not have to fight. The sword is the word,only the words of humility shall be applied in this relationship. For one to be humble somethings must die,I believe this is speaks of both of you. Did you know that humility is the greatest weapon my brother?

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good[/i]. Romans 12:19-21

In the dream you are welcoming your friend back, then this enemy surfaces,Is amazing the war just start where it ended! It means it has to take humility on your side to fight this enemy,may be there are stuffs you will have to just let go,may be just forgiving and moving a head. The INTENSE sorrow you are feeling is actually HUMILITY at work in you. As this man goes down there is a transformation within you, Godly sorrow takes over and thats humilty and praise God the big man is wiped out.

peter

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownwriter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Peter Odhiambo wrote:unknownwritter,

Am excited!

I agree on what Darphine say BUT will just add on it and probably explain and share additional what I have heard from the Lord. First of all your break up with your friend was a spiritual battle. The Lord is telling me that she contributed most wrong but all of you have issues. The big man in a dream I hear the Lord telling me he is "arrogance and pride, and selfishness" He is the spiritual force behind you being a part. The children in your dreams is "Humillity". Its the humility that will fight this battle, this enemy is brought down through humility and in the dream you go in the street to gather children(humility) and you see you do not take part in the battles but you leave the children to do it. Some battles we do not have to fight. The sword is the word,only the words of humility shall be applied in this relationship. For one to be humble somethings must die,I believe this is speaks of both of you. Did you know that humility is the greatest weapon my brother?

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good[/i]. Romans 12:19-21

In the dream you are welcoming your friend back, then this enemy surfaces,Is amazing the war just start where it ended! It means it has to take humility on your side to fight this enemy,may be there are stuffs you will have to just let go,may be just forgiving and moving a head. The INTENSE sorrow you are feeling is actually HUMILITY at work in you. As this man goes down there is a transformation within you, Godly sorrow takes over and thats humilty and praise God the big man is wiped out.

peter

Thanks, Peter!

This is actually very accurate concerning our situation. It WAS pride and arrogance, and selfishness on my part that did damage to our relationship. However, we ended up breaking up because she got confused about her life and like you said in the first paragraph. It's been a hard battle for me humbling myself before God and re-learning how to love her as well as others the way Jesus intends.

My question to you, Peter, is on the last section of your interpretation. I'm not fully understanding what you are telling me. Are you saying you feel we will reconcile and then we will have to use humility to defeat the issues that beat us before in the past? Please clarify just a little so I can understand your interpretation properly.

unknownwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:10 pm

People actions in the dream illustrate the condition of their hearts, in this case in the dream she was coming back(repentant). Reconciliation depends on you Unknownwriter, Humility starts at willingness to reconcile, then as you say both of you may have to wear humility to beat issues and future challenges. If you feel your heart stirred for the reconciliation then pursue. I was seeing restoration even though not sure if its just a bout emotional healing or the fact that you are coming together again. Am excited about this good thing though.

Pray on what I say.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownwriter on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Peter Odhiambo wrote:People actions in the dream illustrate the condition of their hearts, in this case in the dream she was coming back(repentant). Reconciliation depends on you Unknownwriter, Humility starts at willingness to reconcile, then as you say both of you may have to wear humility to beat issues and future challenges. If you feel your heart stirred for the reconciliation then pursue. I was seeing restoration even though not sure if its just a bout emotional healing or the fact that you are coming together again. Am excited about this good thing though.

Pray on what I say.

Thanks, brother!

Definitely. I will be praying on it.

And to answer your question: Yes, I do have a HUGE stirring in my heart for reconciliation. I've already approached her about it and repented of my own short-comings about a month ago, but am just giving her time and space, and, of course, praying God get her out of her confusion and into whatever destiny he has for her (whether with me or not). But that aside, in general I know I don't want to be an arrogant/prideful person and am tired of having that in my life. It's caused me nothing but grief. I want to feel what Jesus feels for other people, and be able to articulate that to them. Thanks for all your help!

unknownwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:12 pm

unknownwritter,

you are making me shed tears dear brother, I am seeing your heart right now. Its of a teachable spirit. I am seeing its full of humour and repentance. God is making you his kind. You are just in the process, just like all of us, do not see your weakness, see yourself interms of how God sees you. I knew from the beginning you should reconcile with this lady and leave the rest to God, was applying little wisdom and was looking the best way to share. I know it shall happen despite how emotionally lost she is at this time. But do what jesus could have done! It takes his heart to start again. Jesus only showed you the stuffs in you and her to deal with. He has never condemned any one.

Again you have an amazing heart of God that is underprocess not as you think.

peter

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Peter Odhiambo wrote: Did you know that humility is the greatest weapon my brother?

AMEN!!! AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownwriter on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 am

Okay so it's update time: The dream interpretation was true and my brother's impression of reconciliation -- my girlfriend and I are back together and working towards marriage! GOD IS GREAT!

unknownwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top