Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the de

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the de

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 am

Butterfly,

I am not afraid to agree with you that demons have power. However, I believe there is a line between acknowledging that they have power and magnifying the power that they have. We also have power and we are also a spirit. That does not make us capable of giving dreams to one another.

Many of the situations you are describing are reality not demon created dreams. They are real situations and not created dreams. There is a misunderstanding between the topic of creative power of demons in dreams versus the reality of the power and the manifestations of demons. The real situations you are describing are not demon produced dreams.

Butterfly, I have personally experienced the power of demons. I have no doubt they are real and that they have power. For instance, when I first became a believer I was attacked at night in my sleep. Paralzyed. I felt the presence and the PHYSICAL affects of a demon paralyzing and blinding me. I was unable to open my eyes, to communicate, or move. However, it was not a dream, it was the physical manifestation of the power of a demon on my human body.

I had a family member often attacked at night, in her in sleep, by a demon. She had sexual dreams ACCOMPANY the attack. The demon left and never came back after she came to me for prayer and authority was taken over the demon. The differnce is this: The dream accompanied the attack much as your mind is able to fantasize while having sex with another person without them being responsible for your fantasy while at the same time engaging in sex with another being. Do you see what I am saying? A person can have a real encounter with a succubus or incubus or whatever label you want to throw on the dirty devil but that doesn't make them responsible for the dream. A person can fantasize while having sex while awake. A person can dream while being attacked in their sleep.

Demon consciousness is a problem. I believe if we put our focus completely on God our problems with demons are few. I have learned over the years there is a difference in acknowledging demonic power and magnifying their power. My problems with demons ended when I put my focus on God instead of spending all my time fighting the devil, talking about the power, magnifying the power of the devil and all the devil talk that I used to do. One day I woke up and realized... ya know all my church does is talk about fighting the devil. The devil this and the devil that. Eventually God showed me to turn my focus on HIM and the power that He has and I won't have so many problems with the devil. I can dwell in the secret place of the Most High, like Vikki said, and NOTHING can by any means harm me there.

Part of the miscommunication that we are having is this:

The reality of demons and their power versus their impact on our dreams.

Are demons real? Yes.

Can they whisper thoughts to us? Yes.

Is it possible our dreams are affected by those whispers? Yes.

Can a demon inhabit or possess a person? Yes.

Can the person's dreams then become affected by the oppression, possession, or presence of the demon? Yes.

Can demons take the form of men and affect people? Of course they can if angels can. Therefore they can affect a person's reality.

Each scenario above can be backed up with the bible. Sons of God can have sex with women and create children. That has biblical support.

Demons creating dreams cannot be.

Did the demon create the dream? No.

Satan and demons can be present in the spirit, WHICH is responsible for affecting a person's dreams. The difference is the reality. The way a demon affects a person's dream is the manifestation of their presence and future actions, etc, being broadcast through a person's dreams but that does not make the demon capable of CREATING the dream. (I am using capital letters to place emphasis on what I am trying to emphasize because I cannot use my voice to give an affectation to emphasize it. I am not yelling.)

Butterfly,

Whatever Job spoke in the book of Job which contained error God corrected specifically in the book of Job. The scripture that I quoted about God terrifying us with His warnings were not spoken by Job. I will never believe that God would leave error in the bible. The bible is our basis for all doctrine, teaching, correction, everything that we need for life and Godliness. Therefore, we can depend on the truths in it not to be vague and/or ambiguous. My example (in it's entirety below) about the reason God terrifies us with dreams did not come from Job therefore it was not based on satanic attack. It came from the one wise person present whom was straightening out Job and his companions.

Job 33
1 "But now, Job, listen to my words;
pay attention to everything I say.

2 I am about to open my mouth;
my words are on the tip of my tongue.

3 My words come from an upright heart;
my lips sincerely speak what I know.

4 The Spirit of God has made me;
the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

5 Answer me then, if you can;
prepare yourself and confront me.

6 I am just like you before God;
I too have been taken from clay.

7 No fear of me should alarm you,
nor should my hand be heavy upon you.

8 "But you have said in my hearing—
I heard the very words-

9 'I am pure and without sin;
I am clean and free from guilt.

10 Yet God has found fault with me;
he considers me his enemy.

11 He fastens my feet in shackles;
he keeps close watch on all my paths.'

12 "But I tell you, in this you are not right,
for God is greater than man.

13 Why do you complain to him
that he answers none of man's words [a] ?

14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though man may not perceive it.

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men
as they slumber in their beds,

16 he may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,

17 to turn man from wrongdoing
and keep him from pride,

18 to preserve his soul from the pit,
his life from perishing by the sword.

31 "Pay attention, Job, and listen to me;
be silent, and I will speak.

32 If you have anything to say, answer me;
speak up, for I want you to be cleared.

33 But if not, then listen to me;
be silent, and I will teach you wisdom."

Was your research about witches biblical?

This dream forum is about dreaming and entering the Spiritual realm dependent 100% on a biblical foundation. If it isn't biblical, either spelled out scripturally, or by seeing an example biblically, then opinions and beliefs are not safe and not practiced here ever.

The reason that I am so passionate about NOT giving the devil credit for dreams is that by doing so in error we miss what God is saying to us. Tweed would have missed out on a great blessing if we continued to approach the dream crediting the devil as its author. If we give the devil credit for what God is trying to say we are allowing important messages to be stolen from us because we are coming at the dream with a mindset that is preventing God from revealing the truth to us by our unbelief.

I am not saying that demons cannot attack you in the night because they can. Some dreams that are credited to the demonic are pointing out an area in our lives that we need deliverance. Intead of rebuking the dream the opposite is true. It was sent by God and needs to be heeded.

In the night, the Lord allows us to see situations in perfect clarity. Seeing demonic activity, in the night season, in a dream, can often be an exposition of areas which demon influences are working undetected. Therefore, these dreams can seem as though they are coming from the demonic when in fact, the Lord is allowing us to fully see this demonic activity that needs to be dealt with and removed. The dream very well could be coming from the Lord exposing a demon which needs to be cast out of our lives, one which has gone undetected or that we are unaware that we need deliverance of.

Thirdly, these dreams that seem they are from a demonic source can actually foretell an incidence which is shortly to occur. Again, this is not from a demon because the bible tells us that ONLY the Lord can foretell a thing before it happens. Therefore, these dreams are also not to just be written off as sent by a demon but instead it is sent by the Lord in WARNING of a temptation or demonic attack to come - which if we don't take seriously we are very likely to fall pray to if we do not act immediately with prayer and certainly fasting.

Having a prophetic gift means that sometimes we experience things that will happen in the future BEFORE they happen - sometimes if we are going to have a battle with a demon we see it, or even EXPERIENCE it, in a dream before it happens. That does not mean it is a demon showing it to us... it is prophetic.

I hope you receive this message in the spirit of love that I am conveying it in.

Love and hugs,
Mia

Last edited by Mia on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 8 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 am

Dove-Solutions wrote:We love you Mia, No worries!

Connie huggins

Aww. Thanks, Connie! :bighug:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 am

I receive that in Jesus name! :bighug: :bighug:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:15 am

LOL...

The hug or the message?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:43 am

Both! :roflx: :roflx: :roflx: :roflx: :roflx: :roflx: :roflx:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:44 am

LOL

Well, I receive your hug too!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Flower Power I understand what you are saying Mia. I admit I do have a lot to learn and a lot to research. Flower Power

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:40 pm

We all do, butterfly. I'm glad you are here prompting all this stimulating conversation.

:bighug:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:15 am

I want to thoroughly thank Butterfly for stepping out with all of her thought provoking comments. The stimulation of thought and study made for some great material for the website because we don't automatically know the different things that people believe which need to be addressed in teachings so..............

Thank you Butterfly! I appreciate it more than you know!

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Renewed on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi Everyone, I mimic buttefly's concern:
here is one i had concerning the enemy

The dream was in Black and White and I knew that I was dreaming., I was upstairs in a house(unknown) and I was running from something(spirit), I ran into the bathroom and I looked out the bathroom window and saw it walking towards the house in a alley, I put my head down because I did not want it to see me.
After awhile, I peep my head up and there it was, at the bathroom window looking at me. We were face to face, I knew I was dreaming and Iasked it" Why are you in my dream? It stared at me, then I knew that satan sent him, so I asked ,"you got a message for me"? it responded 'yes", I asked , "what is it" it responded " go to hell b*^*h'.

I immediately woke up and it stayed with me. Then I said to myself wow, what was that all about, I just completd my last year in ministry school and I wonder what God was calling me to ,would it do some type of damge to the kingdom of darkness.

So my question is, you're telling me this is in my subconscious mind... Even one of my teachers believe it was a threat from satan. The question was Why?

Renewed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 am

Renewed,

I understand fully the dream. I have had many of the same type of dream and some much worse. As an intercessor sometimes the battle in the mind is the fiercest struggle we have. I used to believe that Satan could come and attack us in our dreams but the Lord has shown me over the years that the attack is a thought in our mind that he tries to deposit into our thoughts. Then when we sleep that thought will come to us and we dream about it in our subconscious. Making any sense here thinking ? The enemy would have us to think it is all about him.....he wants us to be afraid at night of him coming to us and trying to scare us or make us believe he has all this power. Now do not misunderstand, I know my enemy pretty well and he is crafty and sneaky and underhanded and he will take the most innocent situation and try to make it ugly and sorted and twisted to make us feel guilty, shame and afraid. I go to bed at night and plead the sweet blood of Jesus over my home, self, family, hubby, thoughts and dreams. I even plead the blood over my bed and my room. I know how he operates. In the Bible it states "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7. The enemy uses fear to get our attention.. oh not the kind that you think...the subtle fear...what if this would happen or that would happen and it raises doubt and then a thought.....oh you may dismiss the thought immediately, but the thought is still there. That is another reason the Lord gave us the word.....so that we may use that word against the devil in our thoughts. When we absorb the word and pour it into our spirit we are equipped in the tearing down of strongholds (which is the enemy in all forms). I could go on for a long time on this very subject. I pray this is of help to you.

Love in Christ,

Connie :cmere:

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:46 am

Oh crud I posted it twice.....so sorry. rofl

Love Connie :cmere:

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:52 am

I totally agree that some dreams that seem demonic are what Connie mentioned. We have a thought or something in our spirit and our mind paints a picture of it.

Another answer would be this: In the case of your dream, I would interpret that dream as prophetic. I have had dreams like that that prophesied a situation in my future and my fear during the coming situation. Something that I was afraid to face so instead of facing it I ran. The demon in it is a prophetic portrayal of a real situation or attack of a demon.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:00 am

Thanks Mia for helping me with that.

God bless,

Connie huggins

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am

You are very welcome Connie. Thank you for knowing what you were talking about. hee hee

The Lord also inspired me with another answer for this. Angels manifested in dreams in the bible. It's entirely possible for demons to do the same thing.

The difference is they appear in your dream but they do not create your dream. Do you see what I am saying? It is again a situation of your mind painting a picture of something that is actually happening in the spiritual realm which you cannot necessarily see with your physical senses.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 am

I totally understand and agree! huggins

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:46 am

Renewed wrote:Hi Everyone, I mimic buttefly's concern:

The dream was in Black and White and I knew that I was dreaming., I was upstairs in a house(unknown) and I was running from something(spirit), I ran into the bathroom and I looked out the bathroom window and saw it walking towards the house in a alley, I put my head down because I did not want it to see me.

After awhile, I peep my head up and there it was, at the bathroom window looking at me. We were face to face, I knew I was dreaming and Iasked it" Why are you in my dream? It stared at me, then I knew that satan sent him, so I asked ,"you got a message for me"? it responded 'yes", I asked , "what is it" it responded " go to hell b*^*h'.

I immediately woke up and it stayed with me. Then I said to myself wow, what was that all about, I just completd my last year in ministry school and I wonder what God was calling me to ,would it do some type of damge to the kingdom of darkness.

So my question is, you're telling me this is in my subconscious mind... Even one of my teachers believe it was a threat from satan. The question was Why?

No. I am not telling you this is your subconsious mind's creation. This is a prophetic dream.

I would interpret this as a threat against your health. HOWEVER, seeing a prophetic threat to your health in advance of the manifestation in your life (or a fear of a threat your health ) does not automatically give credit to satan for sending the dream. Satan or his demons would not warn you of something in advance. One of the greatest military strategies is surprise attack. To announce your plans in advance is almost asking for, or helping in, your own defeat.

This dream is a call for prayer for deliverance of fear regarding your health or protection and deliverance from a potential situation regarding your health. The Lord gives us dreams or allows us to see glimpses into the future for our benefit, to prepare us for what is ahead, and so that we can pray for help in advance.

A simple change in perspective makes all the difference.

Did you have any issues with your health after this dream?

Thank you for this. The perspective provoked another important point in our upcoming page on Demonic? dreams.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Oh that's good Mia...you said "One of the greatest military strategies is surprise attack. To announce your plans in advance is almost asking for, or helping in, your own defeat." How true is THAT!!

I had a dream a couple of months ago about me being in the car with a "faceless" man. He was driving the car and I was in the passenger seat. He leaned over to kiss me on my cheek and started biting my face off. I think I woke up immediately and my heart was pounding so hard. I almost NEVER have dreams about demons, but I never saw that this dream came from the devil...I saw it as God showing me something else. I have so many things floating in my brain about this from being "defaced" by someone I know that is close to me or an attack on me, which has been my life story.

I didn't mean to go into my dream, but I just wanted to say that the quote above makes so much sense and solidifies my belief that the devil cannot give us dreams.

Not too long ago, I was afraid to ask God for dreams because I thought the enemy would use that and try to fool me by answering the request and give me false information in a dream. I'm so glad he doesn't have that power.

Thanks for this intriguing discussion...I'm eating up every bit of it.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renewed on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Mia wrote:
Renewed wrote:Hi Everyone, I mimic buttefly's concern:

No. I am not telling you this is your subconsious mind's creation. This is a prophetic dream.

I would interpret this as a threat against your health. HOWEVER, seeing a prophetic threat to your health in advance of the manifestation in your life (or a fear of a threat your health ) does not automatically give credit to satan for sending the dream. Satan or his demons would not warn you of something in advance. One of the greatest military strategies is surprise attack. To announce your plans in advance is almost asking for, or helping in, your own defeat.

This dream is a call for prayer for deliverance of fear regarding your health or protection and deliverance from a potential situation regarding your health. The Lord gives us dreams or allows us to see glimpses into the future for our benefit, to prepare us for what is ahead, and so that we can pray for help in advance.

A simple change in perspective makes all the difference.

Did you have any issues with your health after this dream?

Thank you for this. The perspective provoked another important point in our upcoming page on Demonic? dreams.

Hi Mia,
with the exception of ellevated blood pressure, and a nemises tear in my knee, nothing else about my health.............
This dream was six years ago.

can you explain how you determine it to my health......... that's interesting

Renewed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Six years ago or shortly thereafter did you face a situation that caused you anxiety? Did your blood pressure cause you anxiety?

This dream is about anxiety and running from a thing that is causing you fear. The house represents your body.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Renewed on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Yep, I sure can

Remember it was my last year in Ministry School, I had a fear of talkinh before people in public. Also I suffered from mind blankness when I pray for others openly. Actulaly dring that time, I was scared to go forth.

Renewed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 pm

How wild is this confirmation! Look at these symbols for being upstairs in our dream symbols dictionary:

Upstairs - second floor: See attic.

Attic: Memories, thoughts, mind, anything pertaining to your mind.

You were upstairs when you were afraid of the thing chasing you.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Renewed on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:47 pm

I sure was upstairs, in the bathroom

Renewed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Renewed wrote:I sure was upstairs, in the bathroom

That confirms what I sensed: This was not your mind's creation or subconscious. This was a prophetic dream about an attack coming against your person, specifically your mental health, that required prayer.

Satan or his demons would not warn you of something in advance. One of the greatest military strategies is surprise attack. To announce your plans in advance is almost asking for, or helping in, your own defeat.

In this case your house did represent your body but it was your mind and your mental health the attack was against. It confirms to me that this dream was not from the demon but the dream uncovered the plots and plans of the demon and revealed a demonic stronghold which required deliverance.

What I wrote in an earlier post fits perfectly here:

In the night, the Lord allows us to see situations in perfect clarity. Seeing demonic activity, in the night season, in a dream, can often be an exposition of areas which demon influences are working undetected. Therefore, these dreams can seem as though they are coming from the demonic when in fact, the Lord is allowing us to fully see this demonic activity that needs to be dealt with and removed. The dream very well could be coming from the Lord exposing a demon which needs to be cast out of our lives, one which has gone undetected or that we are unaware that we need deliverance of.

Thirdly, these dreams that seem they are from a demonic source can actually foretell an incidence which is shortly to occur. Again, this is not from a demon because the bible tells us that ONLY the Lord can foretell a thing before it happens. Therefore, these dreams are also not to just be written off as sent by a demon but instead it is sent by the Lord in WARNING of a temptation or demonic attack to come - which if we don't take seriously we are very likely to fall pray to if we do not act immediately with prayer and certainly fasting.

Having a prophetic gift means that sometimes we experience things that will happen in the future BEFORE they happen - sometimes if we are going to have a battle with a demon we see it, or even EXPERIENCE it, in a dream before it happens. That does not mean it is a demon showing it to us... it is prophetic.

Last edited by Mia on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by hisbeauty4ashes on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:16 pm

WOW! I have missed a whole lot! I had been busy and took some time off the dreams site to find I missed a learning crash course. LOL :haha:

I just wanted to add if I may. I am going to put myself out there if that is alright and risk sharing something with this group because it
is apart of my testimony today.

When I was a child I was subject to horrific child abuse in every way, I saw things that were horrific. I would have night terrors that I could not sleep with out having the light on. Because of the abusive situation it gave the enemy an open door to my mind an thoughts and it allowed for things to happen even more so because my father was also into the occult. I had all kinds of things happen to me as a child I am a miracle today to even just be alive.Because of many things I was subject to as a child the enemy had many open doors. I wont go into all that I experienced but I can tell you this he used all kinds of things to take me out weather it be my mind, my body, or my soul.

When I got saved and went through tremendous deliverance and healing my dreams did a 180 degree turn for the Kingdom. Sure he tried to come back and attack but I knew his tactic's so well that I would just turn over and go back to sleep because he no longer had the power over my mind, will, or emotions. I knew who I was in Christ and now when I get what they call an attack dream I know it is a warning dream or a warring dream over something in the natural. God is faithful and he so desires that we see and know what he is saying in the spirit.

In Eph :6 He wants us to not be unaware of the enemies schemes.This does not mean look for every demon under the rug it simply means to get closer to the Father and he will be faithful to reveal the enemies plans to you.

The things we went through as a child or even an adult where the enemy tried to come in to kill, steal, and destroy is a place of training because to be quite honest he was training me up for the Kingdom of God to free others from his grasp.

P.S. Hey Mia do you take in interns I could learn allot from you.lol :goofy:

Blessings
Jeanie

Last edited by hisbeauty4ashes on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:23 pm; edited 5 times in total

hisbeauty4ashes

View user profile http://www.hisheartbeat4nations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top