Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the de

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the de

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 am

Here are two examples...

When my kids were little and first started school I would see them off and go back to sleep in a chair in the living room. When I was sleeping I would dream over and over again that I was waking up, getting up, getting ready for the day, going about my buisness etc. The dream would repeat itself over and over and over again and at somepoint I would dream that I forgot to lock the front door. I would get up to go lock the door and as I approached it the handle would turn as if someone were going to come in. Then I'd be startled out of my sleep, fearful and annoyed that I hadn't been awake all that time doing the things I'd thought I'd done. It would be much later than I had originally wanted to sleep in and I felt as if I had been trapped by some nightmares.

On another occasion (last year) I dreamed I was at my work in a department store and the ground was falling from beneath me. I felt this "dark presence" in the dream and I'd try to grab on to a clothing rack so I would not be sucked down into this swirling vortex beneath me. I just really sensed something dark and evil in that dream.

I am going to go back and reread through the posts later... Getting ready to go out for the day right now.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:38 am

Lola, I agree, The devil is in one place at a time and Job is a good example of what authority the devil has. He had to go to God to ask permission to attack Job and God used that to take Job from KNOWING he was a righteous man to becoming a humble man who recognized God in life. God was in control of the whole thing!

Paul rarely speaks of the devil in most of his writings; he mainly is dealing with the flesh and the spirit. We give too much credit with struggles to the devil when most of the time the devil is really our own self-righteousnes and our desire to live FOR God rather than God living in and through us. Jesus knew that when he told his disciple Peter to "get behind me satan."

Having said that, I have a friend who told me that she was adopted from Newfoundland (eastern Canada). She never knew she was born there until recently. As a child she would wake up bruised and have terror and fear. She doesn't know if it was really dreams or not, but she'd wake up in a horrible state....this went on for years and only about 10 years ago was so desperate she went to a place she'd heard of that has a deliverance ministry. She was prayed for, flew across the room but came home delivered of this and has never had another attack again and has no fear being home alone at night either. She also heard someone later mention 3 places that had these kind of attacks in Canada and one was this place in Newfoundland. I guess you would call this a generational curse?

Let me give an example of what we DON'T see. I have a friend who lives and teaches overseas and has been there over 20 years now. When she comes back to the US and goes in a huge department store, she often runs out and feels sick and that she's going to throw up. She said that we get accustom to how we live and we don't know what is really evil. She sees materialism (as evil) that we walk by so easily. But people go where she is, walk in front of temples and they sense evil yet she feels nothing most of the time, it is just part of the scenery in a sense.

You see, we think we know what is evil and what isn't. But who created the tree of GOOD AND EVIL? Have you ever noticed that both are from the same tree! God did. God actually created evil but we don't recognize it because we too often live in that tree instead of the tree of life (Jesus). Good and evil are in the same tree. I know this is a hard one for the Lord to get through to most of us but when he does you see life from a very different perspective. This is why Jesus said to the man who called him "good master", "Why do you call me good?" Jesus knew he was looking at his actions and Jesus lived a sinless life. The man was judging Jesus on what he saw, not on WHO he was. Good and evil are just the fruits of life without Jesus producing it. One side looks good, one side looks evil, but they are both produced by man, not Jesus. Only seeing life through the eyes and ears of Jesus are we able to see what is really before us but too many live life through their own self or works-righteousness and not through Jesus. We don't even know it until God opens our eyes.

Joy

Last edited by Nyagali on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 am

I know what your friend feels when going into department stores in the US. I didn't feel that in Germany though, only the US.
We lived in Germany for almost 7 years with occasional visits back to the states.
When we would visit the states and when we came back officially, I could smell every single store before I would walk in. I knew if they had carpet or if they didn't. I could smell everything out in the middle of those huge parking lots. I don't smell it any more. But the sense/feeling I get from the US is materialism. It makes me sick too. It's shallow and idiotic. When I visit my family, my mom and sisters always want to take me shopping at the mall... I hate shopping, trying on clothes. I don't want to keep up with trends. I think trends are ugly anyway. They all have TONS of clothes, and jewelry!! I'm trying to get RID of clothes and I only have a few pieces of jewelry and I rarely wear them, except for my mom's wedding band when she married *my* dad (I lost my wedding band in my sister's room and they never found it. No, my sister didn't steal it).
I'm trying to get rid of stuff, it's SO hard!! A lot of it is my husbands...
Anyway, that's my rant on stuff

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 am

For sake of discussion, I ran across this scripture today and I wanted to put it out there to see if this could be considered as "proof" that there is such thing as demonic influenced dreams.

1 “If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 You shall walk after the LORD your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. 5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:1-6)

Of course it doesn't say THE DEVIL, but it does suggest that there was a spirit that "influenced" these "prophets" to convince the people to turn away from God. God allowed it as a test to see if they would follow what the prophets said or what HE already told them to do.

What do you think?

For the record...I want to say that i BELIEVE in the fact that we have given WAY TOO MUCH credit to the enemy and I'm one who preaches that he has no authority. I also understand that we can open doors to certain things that bring about influence into our lives and can spill over into our dreams...just like Lurdy's stated when she said that we have to pay attention to what we ingest through out the the day.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks for posting that Cholette!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Cholette wrote: for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you...

Good passage. Notice that even if it is a dream from a false prophet, it is still the Lord who is sending this. And I do not mean allowing this! The bottom line is that God is in control. So I say yes, all dreams are from God--for a purpose. For ALL things are of him, to him and through him! Rom 11:36. ALL means ALL. We are deceived if we think we can judge what is of God and what is of the devil. It just puts our mind on the enemy and not on Jesus. I have found so much peace in life knowing this.
joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:43 pm

Not judging what is of God or what IS NOT of God Joy...as I stated...this scripture was posted for discussion. Once again, I stated that I PREACH about giving too much credit to the devil and I'm one who doesn't. I ran across this scripture and decided to put it here for discussion purposes.

I have PLENTY of scriptures that prove that God is in control of our thought processes while sleeping (i.e. Psalm 91), but like I said, I love a good discussion.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Really agreeing with you and meant to add to it....I have noticed your posts and really appreciate what the Lord has brought you through and to. Just meant to be part of the discussion too but I can get carried away "preaching" sometimes. :-)
Joy

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by victoriouspalmbranch on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:05 pm

As for going into a store and feeling that uneasiness, maybe it is the "discerning of spirits" gift that is in operation. I once dated a guy where I felt that uneasiness about him. He turned out to be a pretty big jerk and I've know doubt that he was influenced by some demonic spirit.

victoriouspalmbranch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 pm

hmmm interesting... whenever i'm close to a breakthru i get horrific nightmares.. what do u thnk that is? i assumed it was b/c the enemy is mad.. He is angry..I assumed it was the Devil trying to scare me.

Last edited by SisterinChrist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:54 pm

SiC -

It's not surprising that you have nightmares right before a breakthrough but I still wouldn't attribute the dream to the enemy. The Lord will show you what you're up against spiritually either in the moment or upcoming warfare.

In the case when you heard the voices you mentioned that you were asleep but was it a dream in which you heard voices? Was there no visual part?

Amen, God is good!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 pm

hey lola. .sorry i deleted it.. but yea was a dream.. i wasns't awake..no visual... the Lord said my name and i woke up... was saying real evil thngs.. like im gonna wish i was never born, lol... Devil is a Liar an i dont fear it one bit.. So i deleted what i wrote sorry....but yes that's what happend....

i also deleted this visual dream.. was on my bed ..this thing, like a person in disguise..cudn't see face... did not touch me..but put his hands above my face an tried to i guess supernatually move me out of my bed...i was tryng to mve but cudn't.. i tried to stop but couldn't.. i saw black lightning on the wall... i felt in my dreams my legs were coming off the bed. but then i think i woke up...

Felt the enemy was tryng to stop by intimacy w/Christ...

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyagali on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:02 am

Lola, thank you, that confirmed a dream my husband just had andhe's not one to remember many dreams but this one was disturbing and woke him up. We weren't sure about it but what you said has given us great hope! Thank you Jesus!! We are tried with fire and experience that apoliptic event written of in Revelation and Jesus appears to us!!

Peter wrote, "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (1 Pet. 1:7).

Nyagali

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Biblical evidence for demonic dreams

Post by TCS on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Let me start by saying that I affirm this site, I use it, and I recommend it to others but I believe some of the reasons for discrediting demons as a source of dreams is in error.

Premise 1: Demons cannot cause dreams
This begs the question: How do we know demons cannot cause dreams? Let’s examine what the Bible does say demons can do.
1. Demons can cause sickness and disease, Luke 9:39
2. Demons can possess people, Mark 5:9
3. Demons can heal, cause signs and wonders, and make statues speak, Rev. 13:3, 13-15
4. Demons can send thoughts, words, and negative thinking patterns into a person’s mind, Eph. 6:16
Demons can do all of these things. Why can they not cause someone to have a dream? What’s harder to do cause disease or implant a thought?

Last edited by TCS on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

TCS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Premise 2

Post by TCS on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Premise 2: There are no verses in the Bible that say demons can cause dreams therefore demons cannot cause dreams

There are verses in the Bible that speak about satanically induced dreams (more on that later) what I want to deal with is the fallacy that not being able to find a verse in the Bible allows us to draw a conclusion.

How many verses are there in the Bible about drug use? The answer is none. There are no direct verses in the Bible that say I cannot use drugs but I cannot jump to a conclusion without evidence in support of a postion.

Last edited by TCS on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:15 am; edited 2 times in total

TCS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bible verses in support of a demonic source for dreams

Post by TCS on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 pm

There is strong Biblical evidence that the devil causes dreams from the book of Job.

In Job 7:14-15 we see that Job is frightened and terrified (NASB, 1995) by dreams and visions. Job attributes these dreams to God along with all of his calamities, Job 6:4. God, however, tells us in the first two chapters of Job that all of Jobs problems (terrors, dreams, visions, sickness, death, loss of property etc.) are a direct result of being in Satan’s “power”, Job2:6.

To sum up:
1. Job is having frightening dreams and terrifying visions
2. God has told us the perpetrator of these disasters is Satan and that Job is in Satan’s “power” chapters 1-2.

Conclusion: Satan has the ability to cause someone to have a dream or vision

TCS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:14 am

Hi TCS,

Interesting scriptual references. I do have some thoughts though, in Job: 2 it was God that presented his servant Job to Satan under certain conditions 'save his life' verse 6. I really don't see anything in this verse to indicate Satan having any authority over Jobs dream life but upholding Gods supreme authority/control even over evil/Satan.

In Job 7 yes verse 14 does suggest that he is experiencing a degree of torment in his dream life, but I don't think that the text alluded these tormenting dreams to Satan, what is interesting is verse 11: he wants to off load. I am reminded of Ecc 5:3 dreams come when there are many cares.

In contrast to this verse Job 33:14 suggests that man doesn't appear to always 'know' or perceive what God is speaking through a dream or vision though it is repeated. It also highlights that God is 'saving' us from the pit verse 18.

You may have read these scriptures but in Jeremiah 23 God rebuked 'false' prophets verse 16 who God never spoke through hence why they were given the title 'false' prophets. Also in Deuteronomy 13 God wanted to test his people by using a 'false' prophet to see if they would be obedient to him but note that the dreamer was put to death verse 5. This next one blew my mind in 1 kings 22 Ahab was seduced by who? 'False' prophets, which led to his death verse 34. King Ahab refused to hear counsel from a true prophet who can only speak truth because God is truth. The false prophets, 400, prophesied victory, so who gave this revelation? Well God did but he used evil verse 19-22 he allowed a lying spirit to speak through the prophets to persuade Ahab! If Ahab listened to Micaiah the true prophet he would not have been deceived. In verse 14 a prophet of the lord can only speak what God says period in 2 thessalonians chapter 2 verse 9-10 those that don't want the truth will be deceived, how can a good tree bring fourth bad fruit?

I digress, Satan can't give us dreams, but God gives believers and unbelievers dreams; judges 7:13, Daniel 2, genesis 40 and chapter 41 and many more all to give glory to God.

Just sharing my thoughts
Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCS on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:34 am

The conclusion that Satan cannot give us dreams is not supported by the fact that dreams can come from God and our minds. This is like saying that because cars can come from Japan and Detroit they cannot come from anywhere else.

Secondly,.......edited (LB)...... both teach that Satan/demons can cause dreams. Both are internationally recognized as prophets and paragons of dream interpretation.

I affirm this site, the valid positions within it, and I recommend it others but the consensus by several top dream interpreters on the topic is that dreams can be effected by demons.

Last edited by daphanie02 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : outside ministry references)

TCS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:31 am

Let each man be persuaded in his own mind. I am familiar with both prophets, out of interest would you please share the other scripture in support of this position, thanks Chi.

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:01 pm

TCS wrote:The conclusion that Satan cannot give us dreams is not supported by the fact that dreams can come from God and our minds. This is like saying that because cars can come from Japan and Detroit they cannot come from anywhere else.

Secondly................(edited, LB)..... both teach that Satan/demons can cause dreams. Both are internationally recognized as prophets and paragons of dream interpretation.

I affirm this site, the valid positions within it, and I recommend it others but the consensus by several top dream interpreters on the topic is that dreams can be effected by demons.

I've found that their teachings have not been proven 100% applicable with the gift the Lord has given me. Though their are things that I've found are correct, not everything was. This is why this ministry upholds scripture above everything else. In my mind, if you cant find scripture to back up a teaching, then I wont receive it in my heart as truth. It doesn't mean it's impossible...but I'm sure not going to teach anything that can't be backed up with scripture. We may get to Heaven and the Lord says "yeah the devil gave you some dreams..." but until then, I will use the Word He has given in the Bible along with guidence from the Holy Spirit.... because His written word never fails. So far I don't believe the devil can give you a PROPHETIC dream because I believe he can't tell the future..he just uses familiar spirits...but I still have an open mind about him being able to operate in our dreams the way he would in regular life..like temptation and adding his suggestions and lies. It's up to us to stand firm and not take the bait. But I haven't read any scripture to support this except when Peter was in the garden and the Lord told him to wake up lest he fall into temptation. But that is a vague reference. I say seek God first and He will always make things clear to us. SEEK GOD and seek His word. I value HIS Wisdom and Understanding over any teachings from anyone, no matter how highly esteemed they are or their credentials. I also want to add that words and interpretations and the wisdom freely given to us, should be freely given. I don't believe it's right to have people pay for interpretations the Lord gives to us. I also don't agree that we should pay for courses that you can get FREE from the Lord. That is why we tell people to seek God first and offer what He has taught us freely.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:13 pm

TCS wrote:Premise 2: There are no verses in the Bible that say demons can cause dreams therefore demons cannot cause dreams

There are verses in the Bible that speak about satanically induced dreams (more on that later) what I want to deal with is the fallacy that not being able to find a verse in the Bible allows us to draw a conclusion.

How many verses are there in the Bible about drug use? The answer is none. There are no direct verses in the Bible that say I cannot use drugs but I cannot jump to a conclusion without evidence in support of a postion.
That's not true..it deals with alcoholism which is an addiction and alcohol is considered a drug.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree Laura, and in regards to the merchandising of Gods gifts sets off alarm bells for me. I am reminded of the story of Simon the sorcerer in Acts 8:14-24 who was rebuked for wanting to buy the holy spirit. Matthew 10:8 freely you have received freely give.

Chi

Chi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Amen Chi!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top