A voice told me about future husband, please help confirm

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A voice told me about future husband, please help confirm

Post by ladyanon on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:02 pm

I have never told this story to a soul. And if you knew me, you'd be surprised because I often seek advice and I share things with loved ones. This, however, is so precious and close to me that I felt telling someone may destroy it. I am only sharing it here because of the anonymity the internet provides and because I have read similar stories on this site and feel like I can share this without being judged. For that, I am very grateful. I apologize for the length.

My story begins in September 2009, I was watching TV and saw this man, a man who I had never seen before nor heard his name. He's not what I'd call a celebrity (it was a local channel) but he is kind of well known. The nanosecond that I saw his face a voice in my mind said, "That's my future husband." I thought that was really strange because nothing like that had ever happened to me before. Like I said, I didn't know who he was back then so I googled him and found out more. For clarity, I'll call him Jim. For the first two or three months I didn't know what to do with the information. For one thing, I had kind of fallen away from God, my life was in a bad place and I didn't know if God would give me this because I hadn't really been speaking to Him much. Secondly, I thought I was a little crazy. Hearing a voice? How could I ever explain that to anyone? So I began to pray about it and to pray for Jim. I basically told God that I didn't know what to do with this information, that if it wasn't from Him could He please take away the feelings, help ease my grief and move on.

A couple of months after hearing the voice I had the first dream. Jim and I were at our wedding reception. I was wearing a beautiful white gown and he in a grey suit. We were mingling with our guests, talking, laughing. It was nice. Then the dream morphed to the next morning. And just for the record, there has never been one hint of anything sexual in my dreams. So the next morning we are packing and getting ready for our honeymoon and both of our mothers are at our house. Jim was sitting on the couch talking with my mom and I walked into the room and was flooded with this beautiful, wonderful emotion that I couldn't identify in the dream. Shortly after, I woke up and was able to conjure the emotion when I remembered the dream. The emotion was joy. Until that moment, I had never in my life experienced joy. It was amazingly simple and profound all at once. It was also extremely addictive. Throughout the following day I would remember the dream and the feeling would come back. It faded as the day wore on and by the end of the day I couldn't feel it anymore and haven't been able to since.

The second dream came a long time after. I didn't write it down so I don't remember much of it, but it was another "feeling" dream. I was with Jim and felt a very deep, pure love for him. Another emotion I have never experienced. I felt so connected to him and it felt so spiritual, like it was the way God intended for a couple to feel about one another when they were in a Godly, sound relationship.

The third dream was a two part-er. The first part of the dream I was at Jim's parent's house. He was introducing me to them but he was very reluctant to do so. In the dream he was very distant and I was scared that he may have "found me out". From the first time I heard the voice I haven't felt good enough for Jim. Anyway, turned out his family loved me and then he eased up and everything was back to normal. Then the dream switched and something bad had happened to Jim and he was having to have surgery. I was at the hospital with his family waiting for him to come out. He did but he was in a coma and I remember feeling so distraught. His doctor kept telling me to talk to him, he believed that Jim could hear though he couldn't respond and so I did. I read to him, told him about the day, etc. It was another moment of feeling a very deep connection. In the end he woke up and was fine and I was filled with relief.

The fourth, I dreamt that Jim and I were at the same event. I don't know what it was, it was at night in a park-like setting. At the end of the event he was taken away by ambulance. He wasn't hurt, but he was wearing an oxygen mask. Here's where it gets weird, someone hooked up a fire extinguisher to the other end of the hose. I saw this as the ambulance was leaving and ran after it and pulled the extinguisher off. The ambulance doors opened and he was lying on a stretcher, passed out. I took the mask off of his face and he awoke feeling very groggy. I don't know why I wouldn't administer CPR and get near those beautiful lips! But anyway, I told the ambulance driver I was a nurse and they all believed me and we went to a hospital. (I am not a nurse.) He was put into a room and I, now in scrubs, was pretending to take care of him. I knew it was wrong and I felt so bad, but I just wanted to be near him. I put off starting an IV for as long as I could but when the time came to do it, I bailed. Here's another weird part, the nurses all gossiped about me and told Jim what I'd done and he was very hurt that I'd lied to him and I felt horrible. While I was taking care of him, I felt that same love feeling I'd been having in my dreams.

The fifth (and final to date) dream I had was a few weeks ago. I dreamt that we were with a group of mutual friends and that Jim asked me to go on this indoor climbing wall. We were climbing up together but suddenly we were outside with no protective gear. We got to the top and I told him I was scared, so he pulled me near and held me and kissed me once. Then we climbed down the side together. It was really nice, he kissed me and I felt like he was protecting me.

So I've had five dreams in about 14 months. They don't come often, but I cherish them when they do. A little side information, Jim was injured a week after I heard the voice, not seriously but it could've been really bad. So I understand the medical dreams, I'm worried for his safety. Also, I have prayed about this, begged God to take the feelings away, been angry about it, wept, everything. I'm very confused. If this was a gift from God then I am preparing my heart and life for Jim. But some days I think it was a trick of Satan. Or else Satan is trying to lead me to believe it was a trick when it was really from God. I know Satan deals in confusion and deceit. I know he is out to kill, steal, and destroy. (John 10:10) So daily, I pray for Jim's safety and I pray that God is guiding his life and preparing his heart for me if it is His will. This has been going on for so long that it's a normal part of my life. I want Jim in a way I've never wanted another man. I want him because he is such a Godly man, I think he would be a great husband and father, I think he would ensure that God was in our lives and truly be a husband I could submit to. Since I heard the voice I have rededicated my life to God. I really do have a personal relationship with Jesus and for the first time in my life I can say I love the Lord without feeling fake. So even if Jim never surfaces in my life (I have never met him), I am forever grateful to God for drawing me back to Him. Since I have never told anyone about this, I only have my journal to write my feelings in and I have joked that God used Jim as holy bribery. Seriously, just a joke! I feel much better now that I've typed all this out. Again, I am so grateful for a forum such as this. I would love to hear any feedback anyone may have. I suppose I am specifically looking for confirmation. I know what I feel in my spirit, but I am troubled by thinking that I may be being deceived. God bless you all!

Last edited by ladyanon on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

ladyanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A voice told me about future husband, please help confirm

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I have a lot of random thoughts and voices that go through my mind. I've learned to put kind of a filter on it and I test everything that goes through my brain that seems like a voice. I've learned to recognize God's voice through experience and at times I continue to ask the Lord if its really Him because I dont want to act on it or speak it as if it was from Him unless it actually was. So I encourage you to keep seeking Him about what you heard.

The dreams you've been having may or may not be prophetic. People are often symbolic so its difficult to say for sure if your dream was about this specific person. I had many many dreams about my future husband before I ever even met him or knew who he was. Often, the dream was about an ex boyfriend or someone else I knew. So when the dream manifested and I recognized the dream was happening, I realized that people are symbolic and that the ex boyfriend I had dreamed about had attributes that my husband had. So since you already have in your mind that "Jim" is your future husband, it could be that he is a symbol for your future husband. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I just want you to be careful and make sure you are hearing from the Lord on this. I wrote a seven part series of the testimony of how God gave me all those prophetic dreams about my future husband. Click on Home, and then scroll down to Life in the Spirit by Laura Boaz, then click on Husband Testimony.
Hope this helps and I pray that all your dreams come true in Christ Jesus :)

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyanon on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Laura,
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read my post and respond. I read your response a few hours ago and have prayed over it and thought a great deal about it. I had read your story before, in fact it was what encouraged me to pen my own. Since January God has been teaching me a lot of things but mainly to rely on Him and find my identity in Him. Sometimes I get so anxious over these dreams and the possibilities of the future that I get lost in the now and forget about what I'm supposed to be doing this minute to prepare for my future, whatever it may be. I put this out there wondering, hoping that I could get confirmation through someone else. However, God doesn't always work that way. Just because I want it, doesn't mean I'm going to get it. I have to keep reminding myself that God does love me and always has in mind what's best for me long term. He isn't keeping things from me that I want or not giving me things out of spite as humans often do. I feel a tiny bit foolish for looking for confirmation but I know this was written for a reason. Perhaps this will be useful in some way to someone else. God always has a plan. Thank you again. God bless.

ladyanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Delightful soul on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 am

So have you felt like you know in your spirit that what you heard is God or not? I guess time will tell really, won't it.

Have you read any of my posts?

Maybe we R all desperately seeking our mate and the devil is playing games, or maybe we are children of faith and God has spoken. Its ultimately up to God and us as to how our free wills act in line with His will or not I believe.

Delightful soul
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:09 am

I agree with Delightful Soul, that only time will really tell. I don't think you can really confirm this kind of thing until when and if it happens. I think the "wait and see" is a learning process and in my experience, has been times of spiritual growth for sure! I just wanted to share that when I met my husband, I heard a voice say "here comes your husband", but I thought nothing of it at the time. I was not as close to the Lord and had no idea at the time that that was a prophetic word from Him. But looking back now, it just amazes me and immensely blesses me that God wanted and cared to share that with me! praiseGod

So, had I been closer to God at the time, I probably would've been like you, yearning and seeking for confirmation, but as I said, I think we just have to wait some things out and let God show us what He wants in HIS timing. It may or may not be Jim in your furture, but in His timing, it will all one day make sense. It did for me!

Bless You

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 am

ladyanon,

I have not taken the test. For your discernemnt.

I am in agreement with what Delightful and daphanine shared.

It was also brought to my attention that the enemy does not give us dreams, BUT, I do believe our own flesh can influence what we dream, and our flesh can be influenced by the enemy.

Purification, sanctification is a process. Some areas of flesh are not obvious, so I am not trying to say you are not pure, I am saying that none of us are.

More often than not today I am brought back to the teaching on idols.

An idol is anything placed before God in importance.
It is something that is worshipped, that has no power.

If the enemy can influence your thoughts, your flesh, your emotions, then he has the reigns in your life.

If there is a longing that is addictive to a person or fantasy, that is idol worship.

Gods Word is perfect, may our minds be renewed by the washing of His Word.

This may not be what you were hoping to hear. I have gotten over not being popular, because my approval comes from The Lord, not man.

If you have returned to the Lord, that gives Him glory and shames the enemy's plans.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; KJV

1 Corinthians 10:14
Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

My challenge to you is this:

Because there is confusion, give this person (or symbolic person) entirely to The Lord and His will for his life. Let go completely. God will take care of him. Believe this.
Give yourself to Gods guidance without the interferance of this persons images in your mind. Hold every thought captive. Let God know you are doing this for Him, and that you want to serve Him.
God understands everything about us. If God wants to bring a Godly person into your life, He will do it, physically, as you walk in Him and His will for us.

I would not bring these things up if I did not have some experience in this area, and have learned the hard way. I have been forgiven for many things.
My love is for the Saints, for the broken hearted and the lonely.
I pray His Grace abounds toward those who call on His name, and that His compassion and mercy is shown to who He wills.

Piano

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed1 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:29 am

Amen!!

That reminds me of 1 Cor. 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

blessed1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Yes i agree! when God speaks, you will have peace. i pray the Lord provides clarity for you soon and gives you confirmation whether it be "yea" about that particular man, or "nay" and I pray that your spirit is uplifted and edified!

BTW I'm so glad you posted this, and I'm glad that my testimony encouraged you to do so. God WILL use this thread for His purpose I feel it in my heart. He is so GOOD!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaiah 61 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:03 am

Thank you for sharing! I would just like to share my experience with hearing a voice (that is apart from a normal, or perhaps even rational thought). I've heard a voice (or a thought -separate from my own thoughts- in my head), twice. The first one was when I had a few friends over to an apartment that I was watching. I had invited them over because we lived in dorms and whenever any of us had access to a real kitchen, we would usually invite a few friends over for a homecooked meal. My friend had invited a guy (we'll call him Joe), over to do the cooking. She really wanted to fix us up, but I had just gotten out of a not-so-great relationship, so I wasn't really interested in starting a new one. I was fixing drinks for everyone when I looked up at Joe...I heard very clearly "I'm going to marry this man." I immediately repeated the thought (as a question) in my head...then began to think that was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard/thought!! And where did THAT come from, anyway?! I wasn't close to the Lord at the time (only when I was in trouble did I talk to Him), but I remember asking, "God, was that from You?"

I did eventually begin dating Joe, and fell head-over-heels in love with him. We dated for 6 months and then he broke up with me and began seeing someone else. I was devastated...and then I remembered what I had "heard." Shortly after our break-up, there were a couple of men that began showing interest in me (I had been interested in both of these men, at one time)...but that "thought" kept coming to mind. I just felt like going out with either of these other men would ruin what was SUPPOSED to happen. I couldn't explain it then, but I truly believe the Holy Spirit was guiding my steps. Joe and I did get back together and have been married for over 12 years.

The second experience concerns my daughter. In October 2005, I was walking through my living room, on my way upstairs to do schoolwork (I was a college student at the time). The voice/thought said, "I can't wait to meet my daughter!" That stopped me dead in my tracks. My husband and I already had two sons and had not planned on having anymore children. By this time, I had drawn very close to God and went directly to Him in prayer. I asked for confirmation. As I, from time to time, returned to that "thought," I found myself becoming more open to the thought of having another child...my husband, on the other hand, wasn't entirely onboard. I told him what had happened and just allowed God to take it from there (btw...my husband was a new Christian and stuff like that kinda freaked him out). I felt like my confirmation came in December 2005. Our family was sitting at a table drinking hot chocolate when (quite out of the blue) I said, "If we ever have a daughter, I think I know what her name will be." My husband seemed quite interested and asked what it was. I told him and he agreed that if we have a daughter, that is what we'll name her. He was fine with having another child! God even allowed us to conceive her during the most turbulent time of our marriage. Ava Grace was born in the summer of 2007. I'll spare you the details (this message is long enough), but I believe the pregnancy and birth of that little girl saved my marriage...and my husband's life.

I can't tell you what the voice, or your dreams, mean specifically. What I CAN tell you is to lift it all up to God in prayer, ask for confirmation (which may not come instantly...or in the way you expect...but if it's from Him, and you ask, it WILL come)...and then keep your focus on the Lord. As you continue to draw near to Him...He will guide your steps. And whether you are meant to be with Jim literally, or not, as long as you keep your focus on the One who holds your future in His hands, you WILL walk out the path that God has created, in advance, for you! May you become more and more sensitive to the Lord's leading, through His Holy Spirit, as you focus on Him. In Jesus Name.

I hope sharing my experience is helpful. God bless you! And thank you, again, for sharing!

Isaiah 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by profbussy on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:00 pm

A day before my 20th birthday, I heard a voice "that is your husband" we were not close at that time but he eventually became my husband. We're still married to God's glory.

Be sure you have prayed through and you are sure the Lord is speaking to you. Separate yourself to the LORD, seek to hear Him again. If He spoke once, He will always speak again and confirm it with His light and peace.

Marriage is a lifetime issue...so there's really no need to rush your conclusios. Take your time to be sure you heard from God.

God bless you.
'Busola laugh

profbussy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyanon on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Geez, I've been away for a while. I love all your posts and testimonies! Thank you, each of you, so much for taking the time to read this and respond. I have been praying in earnest about this for some time, praying that if it's not God's will that He will take this desire from my heart, but it just grows. I hope one day I will be able to say that I heard the voice and x years later I met him and we're still married 40 years later! But if it doesn't happen, I'll still give glory to God and if it does happen, I'll give glory to God. I have decided to be okay with whatever God decides He wants for my life and I feel very at peace with that decision. Again, thank you all for sharing!

ladyanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InchristIstand on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:56 am

Hello laylnona ,
I have to tell you after reading you post, how much confirmation it was to me! God has also given me dreams of my future husband for about two years now! I am really on the same page with you, and I would go into my story but that is not the reason why God sent me to comment on your post. After, reading your post last night, I went to sleep having all the more faith in God. As I slept the Holy Spirit gave me insight on the enemy’s tactics, concerning His spoken promises. He showed me how the Father will give us a promise (insight on what HE has for our future), but right after the Father plant His promises in us, the enemy is right there trying to steal it and if He steals it , he also steals our faith in God (causing us to doubt…walking in unbelief). So than we become the stumbling blocks, preventing the Father from doing what he has established!
Laylnona, I stand here and tell you the Father says it is not time to be succumb by your natural senses of how God’s promise will come to pass, because that is where the enemy put us in bondage, by our natural senses and we become like Doubting Thomas (John 20:19-31) (If we can‘t smell ,feel ,taste, touch ,or see it…WE DON‘T BELIEVE IT).Am here to tell you, this promise starts spiritually before it manifest naturally. That‘s why God give us dreams about it, because our natural body sleeps while our spirit man is awake and getting insight at the feet of God (In other, words you see it spiritually first, why do you think God showed you he was going to fall ill in a dream first and then it manifested…THAT WAS YOUR COMFIRMATION, He is showing you, you hear from Him. (And I am not saying God caused Him to be ill, but that He is allowing you to see this thing coming to pass)). So TRUST, TRUST GOD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT TO YOUR NATURAL UNDERSTANDING (Proverbs 3:5). Don’t deny a word of what God has shown you.
Also, it is not for everyone to understand or to give you insight about this, for God established this marriage just for you, not for everyone! Plus, this is a unique move of God and so many people do not know how He works in this way…That’s why God has chosen certain people to experience Him in this way, because He knows in the end we will tell the story giving Him ALL Glory!!! So, after trusting and building your faith surely in God , then you must understand “Faith without works is truly died” and understand that God did not present him(Jim) to you for you just to watch everything fall in place! Now!, God want’s you to ask Him(God) for instructions (ask Him what dose He want you to do). If he says sit and wait then you wait, if he says move then you move…and please don’t get me wrong there is a time when God will tell you to WAIT (because God will present you to him also and causing Him to find a wife in you…that‘s why you have to follow God to the T !), “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.” Proverbs 18:22)
…Yet there is also a time when He will tell you to move (and you are to follow His every word, like rain follows after a dark cloud…in spite of the fear the enemy will try to through your way, in this moment you will have to know who you are in Christ and move how God tells you to as a true Virtuous woman…not to fast, not to slow, but how he tells you to).

Be Bless! I look forward to seeing your promise come to pass!!!

InchristIstand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyk on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Ladyanon just wanted to say I so very grateful I am that you shared your story. This is an answer to my prayers because i have been search through google for something similar. I am going through something very similar and I was beginning to think I was going crazy. Like you I have prayed that if this isn't God that all these feelings should be taken away but it just keeps getting stronger.

I specifically opened this user account to let you know how thankful I am that you shared this story because now i know that I am not the only one going though this.

Please keep us posted on the outcome as I would love to know how things turn out as I know it would strengthen us all the more.
God bless you

Ladyk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 am

Ladyanon,

I just want to encourage you that no matter WHO it is, the feelings of joy that you had in the dream are an encouragement, and a foretaste from God, that these things are definitely in your future. So remember them and look forward to them because they are coming.

Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyanon on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Ladyk and Mia, so glad to hear from you both! Ladyk, I pray that you will find what you're looking for!

To give an update on my situation: nothing has happened.

It's been almost two years since I first posted on this forum and just over three years since I heard the voice. My relationship with God has ebbed and flowed since because I am human and I drift. I am always conscious of God and talk to Him a lot throughout the day. I feel like my relationship with Him has grown tremendously since I heard the voice.

As far as Jim goes, I am still having the dreams every month or two. I pray for him regularly and feel very confident that he's the one God has chosen for me. God has given me little confirmations over the years and has also given me a LOT of patience! I am very content in waiting. I have never been patient person, but waiting for Jim is surprisingly easy. I have moments of stress and doubt, but they go away quickly. I am also very happy with where my life is going, I do not sit at home waiting for Jim. I am living and having fun!

Thanks to social media, I am able to kind of keep up with him. I say kind of because I am not a Facebook friend or Twitter follower of his. I have still never divulged this story to anyone but this forum. Through my talks with God I get the feeling that Jim is waiting for me too. It would be highly unlikely that he knew me, but according to his social media, he hasn't had a girlfriend since I heard the voice. He had one shortly before, but not since. I find that odd, because he is young and attractive.

I wish I could have updated you all and told you that we were happily married with one on the way! I definitely don't want to push God's timing to fit my needs and He has been faithful to me by keeping me happy and content with where I am. So here's some sage advice, wait on God! He's got the best plan!

Blessings to you all!
Ladyanon

ladyanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Any updates !!!

Post by Amazinq22 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Hey ladyanon ! I know it's been a while but your post really caught my eye becus I am currently going through the same situation ! It's like in reading my own post ! Just writing to see if any updates have came up since last year ?!

Amazinq22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyanon on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 am

I am always so pleasantly surprised every time someone comments on this post I made over three years ago!

Sadly, nothing has happened regarding Jim.  In fact, this last month has been a real struggle for me.

Even though nothing has happened yet with Jim, I can reflect and see how God has been changing me.  I still have faith that one day God will bring me and Jim together.  These last four and a half years have not been for nothing.  I would really like to hear your story and could really use the encouragement.  I haven't posted enough to PM you, but I set up an email account.  If you don't mind sharing your story, please email me at  ladyanon919@yahoo.com  I really hope to hear from you!

ladyanon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top