Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the de

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the devil?

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:18 am

Hey everyone! If ya'll are interested in sharing, will you please tell if/how you had a dream you believed 100% that was from satan? I cant find any verses that support this at all and i was just wanting some feedback on the subject. Thanks,

love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone had a dream they believe that is 100% from the de

Post by butterfly on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:45 am

I had a dream that I know for a fact was fully of the devil. The bible does not mention everything in there and that is what people should understand. Not because the bible does not mention a particular thing that does not mean it is not true. Just like how the bible does not mention subconscious dreaming but it is indeed true.

I had a dream that I was getting into a car and I closed the car door. The car window was down a bit and I dreamt a man came out of nowhere towards me, put his hand into the car and as he was about to do something to me I woke up. The man's face was very evil I remember feeling terrified in that dream. During this particular time I was experiencing a whole lot of demonic attacks.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:01 am

yeah i did,it had to do with a 70s music band that was directly connected to the devil,i was really scared in it :freezing:

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 am

butterfly wrote:I had a dream that I know for a fact was fully of the devil. The bible does not mention everything in there and that is what people should understand. Not because the bible does not mention a particular thing that does not mean it is not true. Just like how the bible does not mention subconscious dreaming but it is indeed true.

I had a dream that I was getting into a car and I closed the car door. The car window was down a bit and I dreamt a man came out of nowhere towards me, put his hand into the car and as he was about to do something to me I woke up. The man's face was very evil I remember feeling terrified in that dream. During this particular time I was experiencing a whole lot of demonic attacks.

The bible does mention subconscious dreaming, Butterfly. It says some dreams come from the multitude of cares of our days. So based on what is going on in our lives.

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:25 am

I do not believe the devil has power to give us dreams anymore than I have power to give you dreams. We have some power and so does he but there is NO biblical evidence that we or he has the power to produce dreams in a person. He is no more creative than we are. We are a spiritual being and he is a spiritual being. There is no evidence of an angel or a demon giving dreams. If you or I can't give each other a dream then neither can he.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi Mia. Can you tell me the scripture that mentions subconscious dreaming? Also do you believe the bible contains everything? I have to say that I do disagree with you that the devil cannot give a person a dream. I have had many instances where I had dreams because of demonic spirits. Some of which are very graphic. I also know of other people who have had Satanic dreams.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:25 pm

Fair enough. :smile:

Ecclesiastes

5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words. (KJV)

5:3 Dreams come to people when they worry a lot.
When foolish people talk, they use too many words. (NIRV)

Also do you believe the bible contains everything?

I believe the bible sets our standards for everything and God is a big enough God not to leave out important pieces of information like whether the devil is capable of producing dreams. We can believe anything we like but if it's not biblical it is not safe.

I believe the difference in what we are talking about is a person who is oppressed by a demon may produce dreams through their subconscious that reflect their oppression (or in some cases possession) but their creation in a person's subconscious does not make them the creation of demons. Dreams that seem demonic are often not demonic at all but a misinterpretation. I will give an example of misinterpretation later, after I have cleared it with the owner of the dream.

Love,
Mia

Last edited by Mia on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:50 pm

I agree with Mia...

We would DEFINATELY be in trouble if the devil was capable of giving us dreams. I used to believe that he could until our last discussion regarding numbers and subconscious dreams. I'm learning to line EVERYTHING up to the word of God because it says that the Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. It leads us and is the guideline to our lives. If there were any holes in the word...meaning if it didn't cover everything that we would encounter in this life, then once again I would venture to say that we would DEFINATELY be in trouble.

Another good discussion...I'm lovin it!!! :okay:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks, Cholette. :smile: I agree with you.... :sarcastic:

Seriously though, Butterfly, this scripture gives me confidence that all I need to know is in the bible:

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

My interpretation of that scripture is that the bible leaves nothing undone. We are equipped to do everything through the bible.

Last edited by Mia on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 pm

I had a dream one early morning that a demon had peices of a womans face stuck to it. The demon had tried disguising itself as a woman who genuinly cared about me. She grabbed my face with both palms on my cheeks and said this to me: "If you trusted less, you would be closer to Jesus." I knew she was a demon though trying to tell me lies. When I woke up, i thought it was a dream from a demon or satan. what the demon was saying was a twisted thing. i could have brushed it off as a demonic dream, but it didnt make sense to me, it really didnt register in my spirit when i prayed about it. Later that day one of my good friends called me up and said some really twisted things to me. she was trying to help me, but the things she said were really twisted. the way she went about teaching/preaching to me was just backwards and twisted.

I know Mia, so I let her know about the dream. It hadn't occured to me to make the connection between the dream i'd had that night and what had happened that day. I never told Mia what happened that day until after she said something like, "sounds like someone who is telling you something backwards and even though she has on a caring face, you know whats really underneath." it was exactly what i needed because i was concerned about my friend. It was also the confirmation I needed to have peace about the situation and pray for my friend. What my friend (not Mia) had said to me earlier that day had not been inspired by God, but the demonic. The dream was not from a demon, but in fact a warning from God about demonic activity that was going on around me and trying to effect my life in a bad way.

Hi Mia! Thank you!! LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!
Tweedledee

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:47 pm

wow thats out there,twdee, :eek: D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Tweedledee wrote:I had a dream one early morning that a demon had peices of a womans face stuck to it. The demon had tried disguising itself as a woman who genuinly cared about me. She grabbed my face with both palms on my cheeks and said this to me: "If you trusted less, you would be closer to Jesus." I knew she was a demon though trying to tell me lies. When I woke up, i thought it was a dream from a demon or satan. what the demon was saying was a twisted thing. i could have brushed it off as a demonic dream, but it didnt make sense to me, it really didnt register in my spirit when i prayed about it. Later that day one of my good friends called me up and said some really twisted things to me. she was trying to help me, but the things she said were really twisted. the way she went about teaching/preaching to me was just backwards and twisted.

I know Mia, so I let her know about the dream. It hadn't occured to me to make the connection between the dream i'd had that night and what had happened that day. I never told Mia what happened that day until after she said something like, "sounds like someone who is telling you something backwards and even though she has on a caring face, you know whats really underneath." it was exactly what i needed because i was concerned about my friend. It was also the confirmation I needed to have peace about the situation and pray for my friend. What my friend (not Mia) had said to me earlier that day had not been inspired by God, but the demonic. The dream was not from a demon, but in fact a warning from God about demonic activity that was going on around me and trying to effect my life in a bad way.

Hi Mia! Thank you!! LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!
Tweedledee

Thanks.... this was the post that I was referring to.

This was an example of thinking a dream was demonic. When Tweed told me this dream first thing that came to mind was maybe this was just a real, spiritual manifestation of a demon. But the Lord said to my heart to interpret this using our standards... 100% biblical. Look at it through a different lens.. look at it as though it were not a literal dream and not created by a demon. The moment I did that.. it was completely obvious what the interpretation was and as soon as I gave Tweed the interpretation, the response was:

wow

"That is exactly what happened after I woke up! That is exactly what happened to me today after I had that dream!"

What Tweed thought was a satanic attack ended up being a comforting prophetic dream because the Lord ministered to her that what was disguised as a friend "ministering Godly counsel" was indeed and definitely NOT Godly counsel.

It's amazing how fast and simply we understand God when we approach Him from a completely biblical perspective.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:21 pm

Wow guys, thanks for all your comments! Yeah Mia, I hadnt found any scriptures to support that either. God has always provided the scripture i needed to support something He says to me, or something He's teaching me.

What a good testimony Tweedledee. lol I like your name btw. laugh

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:22 pm

daphanie02 wrote:
What a good testimony Tweedledee. lol I like your name btw. laugh

:crazy:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

duh To support what?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:25 pm

daphanie02 wrote:Wow guys, thanks for all your comments!

I agree with Cholette. I love stimulating and pleasant conversation and this is one of my favorite ways to interact. :smile:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:36 pm

LOL sorry for the vague reply LOL!!! :roflx:

In this case, I couldnt find anywhere in scripture where satan could give someone a dream. I was stuck between dreams just being "attacks" from satan or prophetic warnings from God that there would be an attack from satan on your life. Tweedledee's testimony actually confirmed everything the Lord had been showing me. And He always uses scripture to confirm what He's trying to say to me. In this case I found none. :smile: make sense?

love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Perfect.

tongue stuck

Thanks for using more words.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 pm

:snicker: :

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closed

Post by butterfly on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:32 am

:book:

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikki32408 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:04 am

I would like to add: Psalm 91
Psalm 91

1HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
2I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
3For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
4[Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
5You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
6Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
7A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
8Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
9Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,(A)
10There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
11For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
12They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.(B)
13You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.(C)
14Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.

You are in God's hands... Completely... When you have a relationship with the Father, nothing by any means will harm you, That doens't mean the enemy doesn't try, but he won't succeed.... You have to know whose you are... I saw are very a good program once on a website with Hurricane Kelly, his testimony is awesome, and he actually died & went to heaven & wasn't worried about his family because he knew they were in God's hands.... Think about that,, Also when he was younger he was into (heavy) drugs & witchcraft, he could propel himself out of his body & once he was trying to curse two christian guys & nothing happened so he propel'ed himself out of his body where they were at & he saw two huge angels guarding them & he couldn't do anything...... You have to get to the place where you cast all your cares on the altar & know you are in God's hands.... Also I would watch the words of your mouth on this subject, you don't want to open any doors for the enemy... God says in his word that He gives blessed sleep for his saints... I hope this helps... God Bless...

LOL,
Vikki

Last edited by lola21st on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : website guideline - external reference)

Vikki32408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:27 am

Wow, very interesting read here.

This is my Two Cents . I think that we can be tormented in thought by evil spirits and therefore they can penetrate our subconscious thought and we can dream through that thought. This is tying in with Mia's scripture:

Ecclesiastes

5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words. (KJV)

5:3 Dreams come to people when they worry a lot.
When foolish people talk, they use too many words. (NIRV)

Do not be fooled my friends....he can deceive. He will use any way he can to trick you into thinking he can do just that, but he cannot.

Also I would like to say this concerning the word. I believe every single word of the Bible. It is the undeniable, unshakable, infallible truth. The Lord
gave us what we needed to be able to live our lives and develop our relationship with Him. The key here is that we need to develop our relationship with Him and He will reveal more truth about Himself to us through His word. There are many truths about our Beloved in the Bible, but we are not spiritually ready to receive them. That is why when we become one with the Father in Heaven we will have that divine revelation and will still be in complete wonderment and awe of our Lord and Savior. Just think when we get there, we will find this all so trivial and insignificant compared to the joy, peace and love that will be there waiting for us.

Just remember that the enemy is a liar a thief and he comes trying to destroy and kill. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6 My signature verse below.

God bless and thanks for letting me preach,

Connie praying praying praying

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:00 am

butterfly wrote:

As a Christian I was wide awake and I had a vision. In this vision I saw a man's private area going straight into a woman's private area over and over again. I also saw a vision thereafter of a demon looking at me and smiling very evily. Keep in mind my experiences I had a few years ago.

What you saw in the day while awake really isn't falling under the category of dreams. As far as having a graphic dream about private parts (which is not what you saw but I am going to address it), I can tell you that I have sexual dreams but I don't blame them on demons. I know that I am flesh and as such my flesh is quite capable of having it's voice heard as well. When I have had a sexual dream it is often something that I would never even think about while awake but that is also true of the soulish dreams that I have which mean nothing. They are bizarre also and things I'd never create while awake but I don't blame them on demons.

Also, we have talked about blasphemy before and it is something quite serious. We need to be careful who we give credit to because I know there are cases when we misinterpret the author of a dream and the author has actually been the Lord. As evidenced by the example of the above dream we people often misinterpret the author of dreams. Tweed's dream gives us a great and living example of how vastly differently a dream was understood depending on the perspective of whom authored the dream. She was miserable when she thought it was an ugly dream from the devil but instantly happy, and ministered to greatly, when she received a real interpretation that instantly lined up with something that had already happened that day after she had the dream.

Magnifying the devil means making him bigger than he is. Giving him credit for powers and abilities that there is no biblical evidence for would probably qualify as magnifying the devil and I think that we sometimes lose sight of that.

I don't believe seeing a vision of a demon is something created by a demon or something a demon deserves credit for. If the bible says we can see angels, then no doubt we can also see demons. Jesus saw a demon while awake. Therefore it is biblical.

When I was a little girl I was watching the ghost busters cartoons. I slept of in the middle of it and saw the monster from the ghostbusters chasing me in my dreams. I knew I was dreaming and I tried to come out of my sleep and I could not come out. Bear in mind that I was never afraid of monsters and ghosts from the ghostbusters. I used to love a lot of scary movies and shows. As you know shows, cartoons and movies that depict ghosts, monsters in reality are actually depicting real demonic spirits.

This is a perfect example of a dream based on fear (or dreams that come from the worries of the day according to the scripture a few posts up) which is why we must be so careful what we allow into our hearts and minds....Dreaming of the same monster you saw on tv in the dream was the result of the movie. I have even had situations where I would see it before hand. Let's say you saw the monster in your dreams BEFORE you saw the movie. That would have been a prophetic dream of watching the movie and also not from a demon. (I have had more than one dream of something that I would watch on tv before I watched it on tv).

There is a girl who every night she dreams a black lizard climbs on top of her, rapes her and every morning she wakes up feeling bruised.

This could very well be a dream coming from her soul or spirit and be the result of someone who is oppressed or possessed by a demon. This dream would mean to me that there is a situation with a demon that needs to be addressed. It would not say to me that there is a demon creating a dream.

For example, I once had a dream of a demon facing me. I knew it was after me and trying to drag me off. I tried to fly to escape it but it flew and followed me. It then grabbed my ankle and started dragging me away. We were still in the air at that time and as it was dragging me it was dragging me past the top of a door frame. I grabbed the top of the door frame and resisted the devil dragging me away.

Most people would have instantly attributed this to the devil and at first I did! I was very unhappy when I woke up that day but this dream was a very true prophetic dream from God. Very soon after, I had an incident occur very soon afterward that was in no doubt an attack of the devil. I had a strong attack which took serious effort to RESIST him but the dream encouraged me to resist the devil instead of just letting him drag me where he wanted to take me. Once I started resisting I realized that a.) I could resist even though he was strong, and b.) resisting gave me the courage to fight for my freedom and victory. Even though the dream didn't show me the outcome it did give me the clear warning to RESIST! I did and I WON! It was a great dream when I looked at it from the right perspective.

Job 4 verses 13-31:

[13] In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,
[14] Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.
[15] Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
[16] It stood still, but I could not discern the form thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voice, saying,
[17] Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
[18] Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:
[19] How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?
[20] They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it.
[21] Doth not their excellency which is in them go away? they die, even without wisdom.

First, this thing passed before the persons eyes. He saw the spirit. Secondly, angels in the bible scared men frequently. Biblically, the first reaction to seeing an angel was fear and trembling. Third, some interpreters don't include the words from 17 forward so I would consider that when reading the rest of this scripture. Job 4:21 Some interpreters end the quotation after verse 17.

And last but not least, if you looked at this dream symbolically it would say to me that this person had a dream about future situation, or a current situation, of a demon lying to him. Giving this situation away would not help the demons cause. For instance, if I have a dream that you are going to lie to me I would hardly think that you gave me the dream because it wouldn't help your cause in lying to me. Based on that example, who would be responsible for unveiling the plan of the demon? The enemy of his cause....and who is the devil's enemy?

Job 7 verses 11-21

[11] Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
[12] Am I a sea, or a whale, that thou settest a watch over me?
[13] When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint;
[14] Then thou scarest me with dreams, and terrifiest me through visions:
[15] So that my soul chooseth strangling, and death rather than my life.
[16] I loathe it; I would not live alway: let me alone; for my days are vanity.
[17] What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?
[18] And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment?
[19] How long wilt thou not depart from me, nor let me alone till I swallow down my spittle?
[20] I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?
[21] And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be

Job is speaking to God in the above passage so I don't understand what the question is.

Also, the book of Job answers why people have scary dreams:

14 For God does speak—now one way, now another—
though man may not perceive it. (men do not always recognize that it is God in their dreams - a perfect scripture for this topic)

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men
as they slumber in their beds,

16 he may speak in their ears
and terrify them with warnings,

17 to turn man from wrongdoing
and keep him from pride,

18 to preserve his soul from the pit, [b]
his life from perishing by the sword. [c]

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:18 am

Great posts Connie and Vikki!

I love, truly love, talking about this stuff with y'all so please (especially you butterfly) don't feel this is confrontational. This is just one of my favorite ways of interacting (talking about God and the Spirit) and I hope nobody feels any type of strife because I certainly do not.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:46 am

We love you Mia, No worries!

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Closed

Post by butterfly on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:36 am

:book:

Last edited by butterfly on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down