Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sirianta

The tongue is a dangerous weapon

This past weekend me and all the ladies that went to the woman's conference once again realised how important it is to keep yourself from talking bad stuff over our own lifes as well as others. In total there was about 8 people who ministered to us. From pastors to prophets. All of them had different themes they preached on but all of them said in their sermons how important it is to speak life over ourselves and others!!

We realised that this was really coming from God, 'cause without it being discussed beforehand all of them said some time or another something about the power of the tongue.

I've seen this in my own life lately as well. Even though I'm going through difficult times I keep speaking positive words over my life and almost immediately I'll see a change coming!!! I don't worry about negative stuff happening in my life, because I know we serve an awesome God!!!! Nothing is impossible for Him - NOTHING happy dance Your whole life there will be struggles but the way you handle them and your attitude and words you speak will determine the outcome. When we praise God in the storm, we declare the Greatness of God and His power! God loves it when we put our trust in Him. He is an awesome God and wants to teach us to fully TRUST HIM.

I pray that God would put a guard before my tongue and that I would speak life no matter what the situation is. I will try my best not to utter any negative words about my situations and other people. We will succeed 'cause we've got God on our side!! happy dance

Thank you Lord!

Here is some scriptures for bible study I found on the net:

I. The Spirit of God is greatly grieved when the words of our mouths do not edify or minister grace to those around us.
Ephesians 4:29-30

A. Bitter and sweet waters cannot come from the same well.
James 3:10-12

B. A bad tree cannot bring forth good fruit; neither can a good tree bring forth bad fruit.
Matthew 7:16-18

C. We must separate the precious from the vile ("worthless").
Jeremiah 15:19

II. There is great power in the tongue, and it can minister either life or death.

Proverbs 18:21

A. The tongue can be a destructive and deadly weapon.

Proverbs 11:9; 15:4
Psalms 57:4

1. It is "like a sharp razor."
Psalms 52:2
2. Scripture describes the tongue as a sword.
Psalms 55:21; 57:4; 59:7; 64:3
Proverbs 12:18; 25:18; 30:14
3. "And the tongue is a fire ..."
Psalms 57:4; 120:3-4
Proverbs 16:27; 26:20-21
Isaiah 5:24
James 3:5-6
4. It is like the deadly poison of a serpent.
Psalms 58:3-4; 140:3
Romans 3:13 (Psalms 5:9)
James 3:8
5. Words can eat away like gangrene ("canker," KJV = ganggraing, Gk.)
2 Timothy 2:16-17

B. But our words can minister life as well.

Proverbs 15:4; 18:21; 10:11, 21

1. There is healing in a soft word.
Proverbs 4:22; 12:18; 16:24; 17:22
2. A kind word can minister grace to the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29
3. A word spoken in season may impart joy and gladness.
Proverbs 12:25; 15:23

III. We are, therefore, exhorted to guard the words of our mouths.

Psalms 24:13; 39:1; 141:3
Proverbs 13:3; 21:23
1 Peter 3:10

A. "When the people complained, it displeased the Lord; and the Lord heard it; and His anger was kindled ..."
Numbers 11:1

B. "All these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth" are a part of "the old man with his deeds," and must be dealt with accordingly.
Colossians 3:8-10

C. By our words we shall be justified, and by our words we shall be condemned.
Matthew 12:36-37

D. Not what goes into the mouth, but what comes out of the mouth defiles a man.
Matthew 15:11, 18 (Mark 7:20)

E. Since we are to "speak as the oracles of God" (1 Peter 4:11), God would rather that we give thanks and edify one another, than cause dissention and strife among the brethren.
Proverbs 6:16-19
Ephesians 4:29; 5:4

F. We are to be an example in speech (see 1 Timothy 4:12), even as Jesus Christ "did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when He was reviled, reviled not again ..."
1 Peter 2:21-23

IV. "If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man..."

Job 1:1, 8, 22 cp. 2:9-10
Zephaniah 3:13
James 1:26; 3:2
Revelation 14:5

God bless you all!!

Thanks for sharing Sirianta

Its definitely a reminder to me. I too believe we need to be cautious of the words we speak, in the last few months I've really corrected and watched what has come out of my mouth. The word does say "life and death is in the power of the tongue"

lol! Tell me about it!! That was sharp!! You've got the same name as me, mine is just in another language. Your's Mary Ann and mine Mariaan! Sirianta is not my real name wink