Can visions be interpreted just like dreams?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can visions be interpreted just like dreams?

Post by gebyldig on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 am

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, so please forgive any ignorance. I've been "lurking" here for much of yesterday reading and it's amazing how much I've learned by reading others posts as well as the sites wealth of information. That said I've had many dreams and visions and I post them on my own blog. That said I had one vision this morning I'd like to share and see if any might have an idea what it could mean? I'd appreciate the feedback. Thank you ahead of time:

This morning I sat in silence reading His word as He came by. I read from Isaiah and sat in silence asking Him what is in store for me. Suddenly I see Him and He smiles at me, hugs me, and then I felt as if I was floating and spinning. My vision changed to showing me on my bed flying around in a tornado but I am not injured or hurt but safe. The tornado goes across from one continent to another, across a great ocean, and sets me down. The first thing I notice is that the soil is not light but dark, like a dark red. Upon me standing a young child approaches me with wide eyes and smiling. I reach out to touch his forehead and then we embrace. However he does not see me as much as He notices my faith. -That is hard to explain but itís as if Iím filled with the Spirit and the little boy knows this, it didnít matter my skin colour, my gender, my height, my language, none of that mattered. I asked the Lord how am I to accomplish this? He shows me the river bank again, that I just recently visited and the tree of which I sat to rest under. Under the tree were gifts for me. Small wrapped boxes in white with red ribbons. The one on the very top I opened and it shown a bright light out of the box straight up to the sky, it was daylight out and this light shown still. I peered inside and it was some object that looked golden, I am not sure what it was. I opened another gift underneath this one and it was the Book of Psalms. He then showed me the river again and invited me back to rest whenever I needed.

gebyldig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can visions be interpreted just like dreams?

Post by renaemrgn on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 am

let your own light shine by spreading his holy word through praise and worship. people who are trully seeking god will notice your faith more than they would/will notice all the material and physical aspects of yourself. hope this helps a little. god bless.

renaemrgn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KDRE on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 am

I believe somewhere recieving gifts are representation of the Holy Spirit.

Im no intepreter though. God refers to us as little children, and to me it seems as though you will be given to minister to many of God's people (not just one race or one particular group), and they will recieve him because of you allowing him to minister through you and God being able to show himself through you.

Also from reading on the site, a river of water can mean many things depending on if its clean, dirty, if its flowing, etc..

In your case, it likely matches up with "The Spirit", the spirit of God : )

So you always being connected to him in the spirit is very important to the ministry of course. Now I could be totally wrong about it all, but the part about the child really stuck out to me in a big way.

KDRE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:58 pm

gebyldig wrote: This morning I sat in silence reading His word as He came by. I read from Isaiah and sat in silence asking Him what is in store for me. Suddenly I see Him and He smiles at me, hugs me, and then I felt as if I was floating and spinning. My vision changed to showing me on my bed flying around in a tornado but I am not injured or hurt but safe. The tornado goes across from one continent to another, across a great ocean, and sets me down. The first thing I notice is that the soil is not light but dark, like a dark red. Upon me standing a young child approaches me with wide eyes and smiling. I reach out to touch his forehead and then we embrace. However he does not see me as much as He notices my faith. -That is hard to explain but itís as if Iím filled with the Spirit and the little boy knows this, it didnít matter my skin colour, my gender, my height, my language, none of that mattered. I asked the Lord how am I to accomplish this? He shows me the river bank again, that I just recently visited and the tree of which I sat to rest under. Under the tree were gifts for me. Small wrapped boxes in white with red ribbons. The one on the very top I opened and it shown a bright light out of the box straight up to the sky, it was daylight out and this light shown still. I peered inside and it was some object that looked golden, I am not sure what it was. I opened another gift underneath this one and it was the Book of Psalms. He then showed me the river again and invited me back to rest whenever I needed.

Hi gbyldig,
Welcome to the site. I'm intrigued by the vision you had..it has some symbols in it that speak to me. However, I am NOT an interpreter, so see what fits for you and drop if it doesn't:

The tree and the river remind me of Psalm 1:
3And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

And Psalm 23:
1THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

The red soil; there are various countries around the world that have red soil, the ones i know of are australia and some countries in africa, but there must be others as well:)
The young boy in your vision stood out to me as well, but I don't know exactly why, apart from that it reminds me of some of my own dreams with a young (unknown) boy in them. Am curious to know what other insight you receive on that.

The light reminds me of how we have to shine our light (coming from Him) as a testimony..so people will know Him through us.

Also at the end of your vision that He invites you back to the river to get more rest: resting in Him for me is often the place where I receive from Him. Could He be saying to you to keep going to that place with Him to receive more gifts/more of the Spirit, more revelation?

Keep us posted on what other insight you receive/might like to share..
God bless you.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top