how do u pray in the spirit.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

how do u pray in the spirit.

Post by Jasmine on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:37 pm

On benny hinn he was talking about the outer courts, holy place and holy of holies as if they were levels of pray and holy of holies is where we are "one spirit" with jesus. My destination is holy of holies. how do u get there?
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how do u pray in the spirit.

Post by True Flight on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:44 pm

I get there, threw hours of praise and worship, about 8 hours of praise music. At some point I move into the Spirit, then things start to flow.
I will start listening to my favorite music about 8 at night, then I find myself putting in more anointed music. The next thing I know its time to go to work and I haven't slept yet.
True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:27 pm

okay is there any way to shorten the time needed to get there
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aprsnoop on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Greetings Jasmine, the Holiness of Holy is the Presence of God! You can read up on Moses' Tabernacle found in the Book of Exdous 26:30 until the end of the book. The curtain described in this book is the curtain that was ripped when Jesus died on the cross. We now have direct access to God through Jesus the Christ. Which during the time of Exdous they had to have a High Priest to stand before God on their behalf.
One way in God's Presence is spending time with God. Reading God's Word. God will search your heart and see your earnest desire. God will give you understanding of God's Word. Understanding who God is in your life will make you want to WORSHIP HIM!! You will know when you are in the presence of God, because if you are at home or in a worship service, you will have the desire to bow down or lift your hands in praise. Some people become emotional and cry, scream (deliverance) smile or rock. You may hear someone say thank you Jesus over and over again. It really depends on the person. Jasmine its all in God's timing, be patient, trust and believe God hears you! Enjoy the journey! Once you encounter the presence of God YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!! GOD BE THE GLORY!! AMEN!

aprsnoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:18 pm

thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinique on Sat May 28, 2011 11:49 am

aprsnoop, needed that!! Thanks! Sometimes while praying, worshipping or watching Benny Hinn or someone else praying etc I will feel a strong desire to rock slowly, raise my hands in praise or smile. Sometimes will get tingles all over and excitement within. I battle with doubt sometimes and wonder if it is just me or if it is really God working in my spirit. Now I know :)
Tinique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aprsnoop on Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Amen! God Be the Glory!! Tinique, just remember always remove doubt when you think it's God moving in your life. Whatever you do in the midst of worship will you will know if it's the Holy Spirit because He will line up with Truth ( which is God's Word). For example (if you listening to Benny Hinn and you feel a strong desire to rock slowly, or raise your hands, or have a smile on your face.)
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices Psalm 16:9
In your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore Psalm 16:11
I desire therefore that men and (women) pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands without wrath and doubting. 1 Timothy 2:8
the list goes on.
Just keep up the good work in seeking God through prayer, reading God's Word and worship thumbs

aprsnoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aprsnoop on Sun May 29, 2011 10:04 pm

@ Jasmine Why seek the dead among the living? Your Avart says alot about you. It is time to Give it to God and trust God with it. God wants to BREATH LIFE IN YOU! Trust God with your past by stepping in a new life. I don't know what you been through but God does and God want to make you WHOLE!!

aprsnoop

aprsnoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Sun May 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Jasmine....I am praying for you..I love to read your posts. God keep pouring everything that You would have for her, annointing her Father with your word,love,presence,insight,humility and truth Lord. God bless Jasmine.......in Christ Jesus...amen
Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Mon May 30, 2011 7:58 am

Thank you all and...
aprsnoop wrote:@ Jasmine Why seek the dead among the living? Your Avart says alot about you. It is time to Give it to God and trust God with it. God wants to BREATH LIFE IN YOU! Trust God with your past by stepping in a new life. I don't know what you been through but God does and God want to make you WHOLE!!

aprsnoop

I would've used the pic of him alive but it wouldn't accept it. It was too big! :P :)
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 am

I imagine some athletes have to charge up on high protien foods...and special diets to be at peak performance. Same for our spiritual life. We must charge up on the spirit food for peak performance.

The word of God really is spiritual food. When the disciples were worried about Jesus not eating, He said that He had food that they knew not of. "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God"...

Alone with God, reading the word of God and talking to God always as you go about your day...filling up on this "food" will bring you to peak performance in you spiritual life....

meaning, more sensitive to hearing God, to know the leading of the Holy Spirit and this will evolve into a day when the passion for God bubbles right up out of you.....but aprsnoop~ said something that I want to say motivated me to say this. Faith~ are you ready to dive in....to actually Trust God with everything?
Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Mon May 30, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't know. How do you trust God?
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aprsnoop on Tue May 31, 2011 5:12 am

Amen Linda! @ Jasmine We trust God by reading God's Word and believing what it says is true! We trust God by praying and believing God hears us and will answer our prayer. We trust God by worshipping Him and believing He inquire the praises of His people. We Must Trust Him through the good times and the bad. GOD Will NEVER LEAVE US! Every believer will experience bad times aswell as the good. It is through the bad times that our belief is tested. In order to get to the promise land sometimes we have to go through the wilderness. Sometimes bad times allow us to see God's Glory (God's Power working in our situation, where we know it was only the power of God to pull us through our bad situation). Every bad situation is not from God, that is when we ask God to help us see God in the situation! As a believer grow in God we will know the difference between God, the enemy or just us messing up :-). Ask God to increase your faith, sometime God will answer you by putting you in situation to trust Him to see you out of it.
When you pray to God Start off by thanking Him for what He done for you so far. For example: Lord thank you for waking me up this morning starting me on my right mind ( this is a blessing because tommorrow is not promised to none of us) After you thank God for the many blessing and for God's protection during the day, Ask God for forgiveness for your sins, for we alllllll fall short of the glory of God. We ask God to forgive us from the knowing and the unknowing sins we may have cause through the day. The Holy Spirit is our checker He will convict us of our sins and show us where we fall short. Repentence is soooo important so our prayers will not be hinder. Jesus died for our sins so we can go boldly before the Lord. After we confess our sins then we make our request known to God.
PLEASE ASKED GOD TO SHOW YOU ANOTHER AVART TO DISPLAY THAT REPRESENT GOD WORKING IN YOUR LIFE. wink
Just Remember you have a host of people praying for you and I believe God Will see you through! praying

aprsnoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Tue May 31, 2011 6:42 am

thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 am

I changed it!
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aprsnoop on Tue May 31, 2011 8:21 am

Amen! Jasmine God Be the Glory!! thumbs

aprsnoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Tue May 31, 2011 4:43 pm

I love it Jasmine!!!!! god Bless!!!
Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Tue May 31, 2011 5:30 pm

thx happy dance
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 am

Hey Jasmine,

Love the new picture. Tiss a personal fav of mine.

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:44 pm

thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi Jasmine,

I never knew why you changed your avatar, but I loved the change! It seemed to come from a lighter place in you... :o)

I hope you are beginning to feel the light around you... you live in the presence of God 24/7... he is inside you.

I agree with all that the others have said, and been very blessed by reading this thread! But there is another aspect too, and that is that he is with you... never further away than a breath, the problem (as I see it) is one of awareness,

Imagine standing in the Holy of Holies... in the presence of God, with the air crackling with life... and thick with the presence of God... you would fall on your face, there would be awe and TOTAL FOCUS. You would know that you know that you are in the presence of the Almighty Living God.

It is kind of like we are there, because when we come to him and become his children, he lives inside us... you can't get closer than that! So, we live in the Holy of Holies, and yet we are unaware....

I know that it was hard to tune my awareness of his presence... I had to stop watching TV, I had to stop listening to repetitive, secular music (to clear my brain so I didn't walk around singing song lyrics, and didn't dream tv shows) I had to seek him... I prayed on paper in the beginning (for years actually... still do sometimes) because writing my prayers slowed my brain down and didn't allow me to think of three things at once and kept me focussed. I too listened to music, I listen to sermons online, read good books, pray with two people regularly each week... It has taken a long time to get to a point where I can recognise his presence and I feel like I'm in the Holy of Holies.

But what amazes me more now that I'm thinking of it, is how I can have the Living God, Creator of the Universe living in me and NOT BE AWARE of it!

"Practicing the presence" is what I am trying to do at the moment... I just keep an awareness of his presence in the front of my brain... so I am working (housework), I am caring for my kids, doing whatever I do... but I am aware of him. I'm not necessarily praying, although a lot of the time I do... silently pray or sing praise inside my head... deliberately getting a worship song "stuck" in my head. eg; there is a part of me that is imagining him standing behind me, looking over my shoulder as I type this to you... Brother Lawrence was the guy who wrote about "Practicing the presence" he talked about being grateful for being given the job of cleaning up in the kitchen of the monastery, because it gave him hours alone to be with God.

Last thing, you are creative Jasmine... I write poetry and I paint. I sometimes dance (alone in the lounge room when everyone is asleep) If you pray first and ask him to be with you and create through you... I have found that my spirit is affected by creativity that is focused on him and directed by him. This has helped too. :o)

I think I've written this for you, LOL although, it actually feels good to have written down what I do to get close to God... thanks for asking the question all those months ago. :o)

You are a blessing! Hope you are feeling well again :o)

Love Diane xx
Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:40 am

Jasmine wrote:On benny hinn he was talking about the outer courts, holy place and holy of holies as if they were levels of pray and holy of holies is where we are "one spirit" with jesus. My destination is holy of holies. how do u get there?

Jasmine saw your post and here are few more thoughts that I hope help.

Some of this has been addressed in previous posts, so I am just repeating them as well as hitting it from a different angle.
God does not want us to put Him in a box but wants us to trust in His spirit and grace, not formulas. But if you have these characteristics in your life you can constantly being dwelling in the Holy of Holies. This is where we want to be all the time because this is where we encounter the greatness of God.
The Lords prayer also gives us some good guidelines on how to pray Matthew 6:5-11

Know the word.

This is of ultimate importance, because Jesus is the word, and the Word and Spirit are one. God looks for the true worshipers that will worship in Spirit and truth.
Jn. 4:23,24

Praise
Psalm 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Boldness

God loves His people to be bold before Him.
Hebrews 4:16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Asking to be cleansed of any sins through the blood of Jesus.
Sin does separate us from God even under the new covenant. Therefore we should ask forgiveness on a daily basis if needed, and do this immediately if we know we have said or done is wrong. I John 1:9 Isaiah 59:2

Walking in forgiveness.
Mk 11:25,26

Praying in Tongues
Jude 20

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:51 am

thx
Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by be4him on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:22 pm

mind night prayers

be4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quenette on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:34 am

It depends. My relationship with God/Christ has grown over time and I know the growth will not cease, but always exist (2Peter 3:18). He's currently conditioning me to pray not just outwardly, but in my mind. Devil can't act on what he can't hear. This conditioning has come with years of growing into the fullness of God and I'm not even at 1/4% yet (I think). laugh

I learned that talking to God was not about formally praying all the time, but includes simple times of just talking to Him, telling Him I love Him, I need Him, I adore/honor Him, etc. This along with being in the Word, worshiping Him (not just in church), and striving to live a lifestyle pleasing to Him, has helped grow my prayer life.

With that said, praying in the spirit comes with spiritual growth. There's no set equation, but this has been mine: to grow my relationship with God/Christ by praying consistently (Minutes to hours, whenever I can and as often as I can. Some days, I'll just be in the face of God and hours will go by. It's a place of worship.); studying the word of God (2 Timothy 2:15 the more you grow in your spiritual walk, the Lord will begin to open your understanding to His word.); and learning to walk in the fruits of the spirit/holiness/Christlike (1 Peter 1:14-16).

The key is to continue to demonstrate your willingness to grow in God and He'll demonstrate his willingness to develop you in every area of your life to bring you into Perfect Fellowship in Him.

God Bless.

God Bless and keep moving forward.

Last edited by Quenette on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a phrase.)

Quenette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum